Aberdeen will welcome Ross County to Pittodrie Stadium for a matchday 4 fixture in Scotland Premiership. The last meeting on 16th January 2021 ended in a Ross County 4-1 win. Both sides have met twenty-five times in the most recent seasons. Aberdeen has won 15 matches, and Ross County triumphed in 8. Recent outings average 2.84 goals, while both teams score 44% of the time.
Aberdeen's latest fixture against Hearts ended in an away 1-1 draw. I expected more from their creative midfielders, but it just wasn't their day. Aberdeen was more dominant in the second half and scored in the 71st minute.
Ross County's recent game against Rangers ended in a home 2-4 loss. The Staggies's strikers were frustrated by the lack of good chances. Ross County had good chances in both halves and scored in the 40th and 77th minute.
Although Aberdeen is among the most solid home teams in the league, they are far from perfect. Their defence is not as good as expected with just 33% home clean sheets.
Ross County has picked up 3 points from the previous six league games. They still have a lot to prove when playing away from home. Ross County wins 0.33 points per away game, a bit less than their home record shows. It is clear that their strikers will have to step up in the following games. Ross County failed to score in 67% of away games this campaign.
It is not a surprise that the hosts stand out as a favourite to win this one. Aberdeen lost the previous game at home but still have a lot of advantage over their opponent. They have won 33% of home games which gives them plenty of confidence for the upcoming fixture.
This season hasn't unfolded as planned, and The Staggies haven't tasted an away victory at all. The visitors have lost 67% of all games on the road while conceding on average 2.33 goals in the process.
I am confident that the hosts will prove their worth and triumph with another home victory. Aberdeen wins on average 1.33 points per home game, compared to 0.33 points per away game for Ross County. My prediction is Aberdeen to win.
Lately, there are not that many high-scoring games for both sides. I am confident that the tendency will keep going and at least one team will keep a clean sheet. A bet that both sides will score wins in an average of 0% of Aberdeen's home and Ross County's away games. My prediction is Both Teams to Score: No.
Aberdeen vs Ross County Betting Tips
Aberdeen vs Ross County Head to Head
Average stats between Aberdeen and Ross County in most recent 25 outings in the Scotland Premiership.
Aberdeen vs Ross County Stats
Results and League Table
Average stats between Aberdeen and Ross County across current season. Calculated from Aberdeen's Home stats and Ross County's Away stats.
Scotland Premiership Form
- Coming into this game, Aberdeen has picked up 5 points from the last 5 games, both home and away. That's 1 points per game on average. BTTS has landed in an intriguing 3 of those games. Aberdeen has scored 4 times in the last 5 fixtures.
- Things have not been going that well in front of goal for Aberdeen recently, with the side failing to score in 2 of the last 5 games. Will the manager change his tactics today, or throw in another forward?
- In the last 5 matches for Aberdeen, 3 of those games has ended with both teams scoring. This season 3 matches (50% of all matches) involving Aberdeen has seen BTTS landing.
- Aberdeen will need to improve their attack if they're to get anything out of this game. They have not scored in the last 2 matches. During the last five games they have scored 4 times and overall this season they have scored 1 goals per game.
- Coming into this game, Ross County has picked up 2 points from the last 5 games, both home and away. That's 0.4 points per game on average. BTTS has landed in an intriguing 3 of those games. Ross County has scored 5 times in the last 5 fixtures.
- It's possible we will see a couple of goals here, with the last 5 games for Ross County ending with 2 goals or more being scored.
- Can Ross County turn this around? They have not won in the last 5 games coming into this, with 2 draws and 3 defeats.
- Things have not been going that well in front of goal for Ross County recently, with the side failing to score in 2 of the last 5 games. Will the manager change his tactics today, or throw in another forward?
- Ross County has fired blanks in 3 games this season. That's 50% of games where they have not been able to find the back of the net. Do they need a new forward? In the last 5 games, they have scored an intriguing 5 goals.
- In the last 5 matches for Ross County, 3 of those games has ended with both teams scoring. This season 3 matches (50% of all matches) involving Ross County has seen BTTS landing.
|Total / L6||Home||Away|
|Win %||33% / 0%||33 %||33 %|
|Draw %||33% / 33%||33 %||33 %|
|Loss %||33% / 67%||33 %||33 %|
|AVG Goals||2.00 / 2.00||1.67||2.33|
|Scored||1.00 / 0.50||1.00||1.00|
|Conceded||1.00 / 1.50||0.67||1.33|
|BTTS %||50% / 50%||33 %||67 %|
|BTTS Win||17% / 0%||0 %||33 %|
|BTTS Loss||0% / 17%||0 %||0 %|
|Scored in Both||17% / 0%||33 %||0 %|
|Scores %||67% / 50%||67 %||67 %|
|Clean Sheet %||17% / 0%||33 %||0 %|
|Frist Goal %||17% / 0%||33 %||0 %|
|Possession %||62% / 58%||60 %||64 %|
|Corners||5.67 / 5.20||7.67||3.67|
|Cards||1.67 / 2.67||1.33||2.00|
|Offsides||1.60 / 2.00||1.00||2.00|
|Fouls||12.40 / 11.75||11.50||13.00|
|Shots||13.67 / 14.80||15.00||12.33|
|Shots on Target||6.50 / 6.80||5.00||8.00|
|Total / L6||Home||Away|
|Win %||0% / 33%||0 %||0 %|
|Draw %||50% / 17%||67 %||33 %|
|Loss %||50% / 50%||33 %||67 %|
|AVG Goals||3.00 / 3.50||3.33||2.67|
|Scored||0.83 / 1.50||1.33||0.33|
|Conceded||2.17 / 2.00||2.00||2.33|
|BTTS %||50% / 67%||67 %||33 %|
|BTTS Win||0% / 17%||0 %||0 %|
|BTTS Loss||17% / 33%||33 %||0 %|
|Scored in Both||17% / 33%||33 %||0 %|
|Scores %||50% / 83%||67 %||33 %|
|Clean Sheet %||17% / 17%||33 %||0 %|
|Frist Goal %||17% / 67%||0 %||33 %|
|Possession %||36% / 44%||42 %||30 %|
|Corners||2.67 / 4.80||1.67||3.67|
|Cards||2.33 / 3.00||2.67||2.00|
|Offsides||3.00 / 1.40||3.00||3.00|
|Fouls||12.80 / 16.60||14.00||12.00|
|Shots||8.17 / 7.80||8.00||8.33|
|Shots on Target||2.83 / 4.40||3.33||2.33|
Over 2.5 Goals and BTTS
Number of Corners
First Half Corners
Second Half Corners
Number of Cards
First Half Cards
Second Half Cards
Aberdeen vs Ross County Odds
|HT 1||2.35||HT X||2.05||HT 2||5.00|
|Home Win Nil||2.85||Away Win Nil||7.75|
|Over 2.5||2.15||Under 2.5||1.69|
|BTTS Yes||2.30||BTTS NO||1.59|
|Over 9.5 Corners||1.82||Under 9.5 Corners||1.92|