- England Championship
- 20:45 Fulham vs Birmingham City
- 20:45 Preston North End vs Sheffield United England EFL League One
- 20:45 Morecambe vs Wigan Athletic
- 20:45 Cambridge United vs Doncaster Rovers England EFL League Two
- 20:45 Port Vale vs Salford City
- 20:45 Stevenage vs Crawley Town England National League
- 20:45 Stockport County vs Eastleigh England Premier League
- 21:00 Brighton & Hove Albion vs Chelsea India Indian Super League
- 14:00 NorthEast United vs Odisha FC Indonesia Liga 1
- 09:15 PSS Sleman vs Madura United
- 09:15 PSM vs Persik Kediri
- 12:15 Borneo vs Persib Malta Maltese Premier League
- 17:00 Sliema Wanderers vs Gzira United Portugal LigaPro
- 21:15 Sporting Covilhã vs CD Feirense Scotland Premiership
- 20:45 Aberdeen vs Rangers
- 20:45 Dundee United vs St. Mirren
- 20:45 Hearts vs St. Johnstone
- 20:45 Livingston vs Dundee
- 20:45 Ross County vs Motherwell Spain La Liga
- 20:00 Real Betis vs Deportivo Alavés Turkey Süper Lig
- 14:00 Gazişehir Gaziantep vs Yeni Malatyaspor
- 17:00 Fatih Karagümrük vs Beşiktaş
- 17:00 Konyaspor vs Adana Demirspor
Accrington Stanley will welcome Sunderland to Wham Stadium for a matchday 28 fixture in England EFL League One. The last meeting on 11th September 2021 ended in a Sunderland 2-1 win. Both sides have met seven times in the most recent seasons. Accrington Stanley has won 0 matches, and Sunderland triumphed in 5. Recent outings average 3.71 goals, while both teams score 71% of the time.
Accrington Stanley's last game in the England EFL League One against Milton Keynes Dons at home ended in a 1-1 draw. They were lucky to collect one point since they played less with the ball and attempted fewer shots. Accrington Stanley scored before halftime in the 9th minute.
Sunderland's recent game against Lincoln City ended in a home 1-3 loss. The Black Cats had plenty of possession, but not so much in the final third of the pitch. Sunderland deserved to score in the second half and did so in the 68th minute.
Since the start of the season, Accrington Stanley is more dominant at home. They have seven wins out of 14 games on home soil. Although Accrington Stanley is among the most solid home teams in the league, they are far from perfect. Their defence is not as good as expected with just 29% home clean sheets.
Sunderland has picked up 9 points from the previous six league games. They still have a lot to prove when playing away from home. Sunderland wins 1.43 points per away game, a bit less than their home record shows. To improve results, they have to be more compact in defence. Sunderland kept a clean sheet in just 14% of their visits.
The hosts will have to work hard to get a good result. Accrington Stanley has won just 50% of home games. On average they score 1.50 goals and concede 1.43 per game. Sunderland is one of the best teams in the league. On paper, they have a great squad and I expect them to make life difficult for their opponent.
The visitors have a better record and I have to back them. Accrington Stanley wins on average 1.71 points per home game. I am not sure they have what it takes to compete against Sunderland. My prediction is Sunderland to win.
I expect a thrilling contest with plenty of goals. Both sides score and concede on average 3.19 goals per game. Over 2.5 goals were scored in an average of 66% of Accrington Stanley's home and Sunderland's away games. My prediction is Over 2.5 Goals.
Both sides are dangerous going forward. Accrington Stanley has scored in 93% of home games. Sunderland is a decent match and has scored in all away games. My prediction is Both Teams to Score: Yes.
Accrington Stanley vs Sunderland Betting Tips
Accrington Stanley vs Sunderland Head to Head
Average stats between Accrington Stanley and Sunderland in most recent 7 outings in the England EFL League One.
Accrington Stanley vs Sunderland Stats
Results and League Table
Average stats between Accrington Stanley and Sunderland across current season. Calculated from Accrington Stanley's Home stats and Sunderland's Away stats.
England EFL League One Form
- Coming into this game, Accrington Stanley has picked up 8 points from the last 5 games, both home and away. That's 1.6 points per game on average. BTTS has landed in just 1 of those games. Accrington Stanley has scored 3 times in the last 5 fixtures.
- Accrington Stanley has enjoyed playing at home recently, with the side currently unbeaten in 3 games.
- Sunderland's defence will have to be at their best today if they're to stop Accrington Stanley from scoring. The home side has scored in the last 3 games in front of their own fans. They have failed to score in 1 home matches this season.
- Momentum is really building for Accrington Stanley as they have now gone 4 games without losing. They have won 2 of the last 5 games they have played.
- Accrington Stanley has kept 3 clean sheets in the last 5 games, conceding 3 goals during this period. Overall this season, their defence has kept a clean sheet on 8 occasions.
- Accrington Stanley will be looking to keep up the momentum today against Sunderland, having lost just 1 game from the last 5. They have won 2 and drawn 2
- Things have not been going that well in front of goal for Accrington Stanley recently, with the side failing to score in 2 of the last 5 games. Will the manager change his tactics today, or throw in another forward?
- Just 1 of the last 5 games for Accrington Stanley has ended with both teams scoring. They have won 2 of those 5 games. Overall, BTTS has landed in 13/25 games for Accrington Stanley this season.
- Coming into this game, Sunderland has picked up 8 points from the last 5 games, both home and away. That's 1.6 points per game on average. BTTS has landed in an intriguing 3 of those games. Sunderland has scored 13 times in the last 5 fixtures.
- Superb stuff from Sunderland away from home, where they are currently unbeaten in 5 games. Can they go another game without defeat?
- Scoring is not an issue for Sunderland when they play away from home. They have scored in the last 5 games they have played on the road. Can Accrington Stanley stop this run?
- It's possible we will see a couple of goals here, with the last 13 games for Sunderland ending with 2 goals or more being scored.
- Sunderland will be looking to keep up the momentum today against Accrington Stanley, having lost just 1 game from the last 5. They have won 2 and drawn 2
- In the last 5 matches for Sunderland, 3 of those games has ended with both teams scoring. This season 14 matches (54% of all matches) involving Sunderland has seen BTTS landing.
- It's likely that Sunderland will score today, as they have netted in the last 11 games coming into this one and have scored 13 goals in the last five games.
|Total / L6||Home||Away|
|Win %||38% / 33%||50 %||25 %|
|Draw %||23% / 17%||21 %||25 %|
|Loss %||38% / 50%||29 %||50 %|
|AVG Goals||2.81 / 2.00||2.93||2.67|
|Scored||1.23 / 0.67||1.50||0.92|
|Conceded||1.58 / 1.33||1.43||1.75|
|BTTS %||54% / 0%||64 %||42 %|
|BTTS Win||15% / 0%||21 %||8 %|
|BTTS Loss||23% / 0%||21 %||25 %|
|Scored in Both||15% / 17%||14 %||17 %|
|Scores %||77% / 33%||93 %||58 %|
|Clean Sheet %||31% / 50%||29 %||33 %|
|Frist Goal %||38% / 33%||50 %||25 %|
|Possession %||49% / 49%||47 %||52 %|
|Corners||5.08 / 6.40||5.00||5.17|
|Cards||2.23 / 1.50||2.14||2.33|
|Offsides||1.88 / 1.50||2.00||1.75|
|Fouls||12.00 / 14.50||10.93||13.25|
|Shots||14.23 / 14.60||13.43||15.17|
|Shots on Target||5.50 / 3.40||5.64||5.33|
|Total / L6||Home||Away|
|Win %||56% / 33%||77 %||36 %|
|Draw %||22% / 33%||8 %||36 %|
|Loss %||22% / 33%||15 %||29 %|
|AVG Goals||3.15 / 4.33||3.00||3.29|
|Scored||1.93 / 2.33||2.31||1.57|
|Conceded||1.22 / 2.00||0.69||1.71|
|BTTS %||56% / 67%||46 %||64 %|
|BTTS Win||26% / 0%||31 %||21 %|
|BTTS Loss||7% / 33%||8 %||7 %|
|Scored in Both||44% / 50%||46 %||43 %|
|Scores %||85% / 100%||92 %||79 %|
|Clean Sheet %||30% / 33%||46 %||14 %|
|Frist Goal %||67% / 67%||77 %||57 %|
|Possession %||53% / 52%||52 %||55 %|
|Corners||6.15 / 7.40||6.46||5.86|
|Cards||2.04 / 2.17||2.31||1.79|
|Offsides||2.00 / 3.20||1.92||2.07|
|Fouls||10.15 / 10.60||10.31||10.00|
|Shots||15.67 / 17.20||16.08||15.29|
|Shots on Target||6.22 / 8.60||6.38||6.07|
Over 2.5 Goals and BTTS
Number of Corners
First Half Corners
Second Half Corners
Number of Cards
First Half Cards
Second Half Cards
Accrington Stanley vs Sunderland Odds
|HT 1||4.33||HT X||2.20||HT 2||2.50|
|Home Win Nil||5.75||Away Win Nil||3.15|
|Over 2.5||1.87||Under 2.5||1.83|
|BTTS Yes||1.80||BTTS NO||2.00|
|Over 9.5 Corners||1.60||Under 9.5 Corners||2.28|