- Brazil Serie B
- 23:00 Sampaio Corrêa vs Brusque
Arsenal will welcome Defensa y Justicia to Estadio Julio Humberto Grondona for a matchday 9 fixture in Argentina Primera División. The last meeting on 25th April 2021 ended in an Arsenal 1-0 win. Both sides have met eight times in the most recent seasons. Arsenal has won 4 matches, and Defensa y Justicia triumphed in 3. Recent outings average 1.38 goals, while both teams score 0% of the time.
Arsenal's latest fixture against Rosario Central ended in an away 4-0 loss. I expected more from El Arse. The lack of focus in the final third cost them three points.
Defensa y Justicia's recent game against Newell's Old Boys ended in a home 2-0 win. Although El Halcón didn't match their opponent's intensity and quality while on possession, it was still enough. Defensa y Justicia pushed forward in the second half and scored in the 57th and 76th minute.
Since the start of the season, Arsenal is more dominant at home. They have two wins out of 12 games on home soil. El Viaducto's good defensive display is key to their success. They didn't concede in 42% of home games.
Defensa y Justicia has picked up 8 points from the previous six league games. They still have a lot to prove when playing away from home. Defensa y Justicia wins 0.42 points per away game, a bit less than their home record shows. To improve results, they have to be more compact in defence. Defensa y Justicia kept a clean sheet in just 33% of their visits.
The hosts will have to work hard to get a good result. El Arse has won just 17% of home games. On average they score 0.58 goals and concede 1.25 per game. It is disappointing to see that El Halcón is yet to win an away game. They have drawn 42% of all games on the road.
The visitors have a better record and I have to back them. Arsenal wins on average 1.08 points per home game. I am not sure they have what it takes to compete against Defensa y Justicia. My prediction is Defensa y Justicia to win.
Arsenal vs Defensa y Justicia Betting Tips
Arsenal vs Defensa y Justicia Head to Head
Average stats between Arsenal and Defensa y Justicia in most recent 8 outings in the Argentina Primera División.
Arsenal vs Defensa y Justicia Stats
Results and League Table
Average stats between Arsenal and Defensa y Justicia across current season. Calculated from Arsenal's Home stats and Defensa y Justicia's Away stats.
Argentina Primera División Form
- Coming into this game, Arsenal has picked up 3 points from the last 5 games, both home and away. That's 0.6 points per game on average. BTTS has landed in just 0 of those games. Arsenal has scored 0 times in the last 5 fixtures.
- Arsenal has enjoyed playing at home recently, with the side currently unbeaten in 2 games.
- Arsenal has kept 3 clean sheets in the last 5 games, conceding 5 goals during this period. Overall this season, their defence has kept a clean sheet on 7 occasions.
- Can Arsenal turn this around? They have not won in the last 5 games coming into this, with 3 draws and 2 defeats.
- Things have not been going that well in front of goal for Arsenal recently, with the side failing to score in 5 of the last 5 games. Will the manager change his tactics today, or throw in another forward?
- Arsenal has fired blanks in 14 games this season. That's 56% of games where they have not been able to find the back of the net. Do they need a new forward? In the last 5 games, they have scored just 0 goals.
- Just 0 of the last 5 games for Arsenal has ended with both teams scoring. They have won 0 of those 5 games. Overall, BTTS has landed in 9/25 games for Arsenal this season.
- Arsenal will need to improve their attack if they're to get anything out of this game. They have not scored in the last 6 matches. During the last five games they have scored 0 times and overall this season they have scored 0.64 goals per game.
- Coming into this game, Defensa y Justicia has picked up 7 points from the last 5 games, both home and away. That's 1.4 points per game on average. BTTS has landed in just 1 of those games. Defensa y Justicia has scored 3 times in the last 5 fixtures.
- Defensa y Justicia has enjoyed playing away from home recently, with the side currently unbeaten in 3 games.
- Momentum is really building for Defensa y Justicia as they have now gone 7 games without losing. They have won 1 of the last 5 games they have played.
- Defensa y Justicia has kept 4 clean sheets in the last 5 games, conceding 1 goals during this period. Overall this season, their defence has kept a clean sheet on 8 occasions.
- Defensa y Justicia is unbeaten in the last 5 games coming into this fixture against Arsenal, having won 1 and drawn 4. They have scored 3 goals in those 5 games.
- Things have not been going that well in front of goal for Defensa y Justicia recently, with the side failing to score in 3 of the last 5 games. Will the manager change his tactics today, or throw in another forward?
- Defensa y Justicia has fired blanks in 10 games this season. That's 40% of games where they have not been able to find the back of the net. Do they need a new forward? In the last 5 games, they have scored just 3 goals.
- Just 1 of the last 5 games for Defensa y Justicia has ended with both teams scoring. They have won 1 of those 5 games. Overall, BTTS has landed in 12/25 games for Defensa y Justicia this season.
- Defensa y Justicia will need to improve their attack if they're to get anything out of this game. They have not scored in the last 2 matches. During the last five games they have scored 3 times and overall this season they have scored 1.08 goals per game.
|Total / L6||Home||Away|
|Win %||16% / 50%||17 %||15 %|
|Draw %||32% / 33%||58 %||8 %|
|Loss %||52% / 17%||25 %||77 %|
|AVG Goals||2.32 / 2.33||1.83||2.77|
|Scored||0.64 / 1.50||0.58||0.69|
|Conceded||1.68 / 0.83||1.25||2.08|
|BTTS %||36% / 50%||33 %||38 %|
|BTTS Win||8% / 33%||8 %||8 %|
|BTTS Loss||16% / 0%||0 %||31 %|
|Scored in Both||8% / 33%||0 %||15 %|
|Scores %||44% / 67%||42 %||46 %|
|Clean Sheet %||28% / 33%||42 %||15 %|
|Frist Goal %||28% / 50%||33 %||23 %|
|Possession %||46% / 46%||48 %||44 %|
|Corners||4.67 / 4.17||5.14||4.25|
|Cards||2.29 / 1.50||2.18||2.38|
|Offsides||1.80 / 0.67||1.57||2.00|
|Fouls||12.87 / 13.50||12.86||12.88|
|Shots||9.67 / 10.17||10.71||8.75|
|Shots on Target||4.53 / 5.50||4.29||4.75|
|Total / L6||Home||Away|
|Win %||24% / 17%||46 %||0 %|
|Draw %||36% / 33%||31 %||42 %|
|Loss %||40% / 50%||23 %||58 %|
|AVG Goals||2.32 / 3.33||2.77||1.83|
|Scored||1.08 / 1.17||1.69||0.42|
|Conceded||1.24 / 2.17||1.08||1.42|
|BTTS %||48% / 67%||54 %||42 %|
|BTTS Win||12% / 17%||23 %||0 %|
|BTTS Loss||20% / 17%||8 %||33 %|
|Scored in Both||16% / 17%||31 %||0 %|
|Scores %||60% / 67%||77 %||42 %|
|Clean Sheet %||32% / 0%||31 %||33 %|
|Frist Goal %||44% / 17%||69 %||17 %|
|Possession %||53% / 50%||53 %||54 %|
|Corners||3.67 / 3.33||4.17||3.17|
|Cards||2.76 / 2.17||2.38||3.17|
|Offsides||2.17 / 3.00||2.50||1.83|
|Fouls||14.42 / 12.83||14.17||14.67|
|Shots||7.25 / 7.33||7.50||7.00|
|Shots on Target||3.25 / 3.83||3.50||3.00|
Over 2.5 Goals and BTTS
Number of Corners
First Half Corners
Second Half Corners
Number of Cards
First Half Cards
Second Half Cards
Arsenal vs Defensa y Justicia Odds
|HT 1||0.00||HT X||0.00||HT 2||0.00|
|Home Win Nil||0.00||Away Win Nil||0.00|
|Over 2.5||2.10||Under 2.5||1.69|
|BTTS Yes||2.00||BTTS NO||1.80|
|Over 9.5 Corners||0.00||Under 9.5 Corners||0.00|