Spezia will welcome Roma to Stadio Alberto Picco for a matchday 38 fixture in Italy Serie A. The last meeting on 23rd January 2021 ended in a Roma 4-3 win. Both sides have met three times in the most recent seasons. Spezia has won 1 match, and Roma triumphed in 1. Recent outings average 3.33 goals, while both teams score 33% of the time.
Spezia's last game in the Italy Serie A against Torino at home ended in a 4-1 win. Although Spezia played less with the ball than their opponent, it was enough to get the result they were hoping for. Spezia outplayed Torino in the second half and scored in the 19th, 42nd, 74th and 84th minute.
Roma's recent game against Lazio ended in a home 2-0 win. Although Giallorossi didn't match their opponent's intensity and quality while on possession, it was still enough. Roma had good chances in both halves and scored in the 42nd and 78th minute.
Since the start of the season, Spezia is more dominant at home. They have five wins out of 19 games on home soil. Although Spezia is among the most solid home teams in the league, they are far from perfect. Their defence is not as good as expected with just 11% home clean sheets.
Roma has picked up 7 points from the previous six league games. They still have a lot to prove when playing away from home. Maggica wins 1.00 points per away game, a bit less than their home record shows. To improve results, they have to be more compact in defence. Roma kept a clean sheet in just 11% of their visits.
The hosts will have to work hard to get a good result. Spezia has won just 26% of home games. On average they score 1.47 goals and concede 1.74 per game. Roma is one of the best teams in the league. On paper, they have a great squad and I expect them to make life difficult for their opponent.
The visitors have a better record and I have to back them. Spezia wins on average 1.16 points per home game. I am not sure they have what it takes to compete against Roma. My prediction is Roma to win.
I expect a thrilling contest with plenty of goals. Both sides score and concede on average 3.31 goals per game. Over 2.5 goals were scored in an average of 70% of Spezia's home and Roma's away games. My prediction is Over 2.5 Goals.
Both teams struggle in defence and concede on regular occasions. Spezia failed to keep a clean sheet in 11% of home games, while Roma conceded in 11% of away games. On average, both teams score in 67% of Spezia's home and Roma's away games. My prediction is Both Teams to Score: Yes.
Spezia vs Roma Betting Tips
Spezia vs Roma Head to Head
Average stats between Spezia and Roma in most recent 3 outings in the Italy Serie A.
Spezia vs Roma Stats
Results and League Table
Average stats between Spezia and Roma across current season. Calculated from Spezia's Home stats and Roma's Away stats.
Italy Serie A Form
- Coming into this game, Spezia has picked up 6 points from the last 5 games, both home and away. That's 1.2 points per game on average. BTTS has landed in an intriguing 5 of those games. Spezia has scored 10 times in the last 5 fixtures.
- Spezia has enjoyed playing at home recently, with the side currently unbeaten in 2 games.
- Roma's defence will have to be at their best today if they're to stop Spezia from scoring. The home side has scored in the last 9 games in front of their own fans. They have failed to score in 3 home matches this season.
- Spezia has put together a good run of form and has now gone 3 games without defeat.
- It's possible we will see a couple of goals here, with the last 18 games for Spezia ending with 2 goals or more being scored.
- Spezia will be looking to keep up the momentum today against Roma, having lost just 1 game from the last 5. They have won 1 and drawn 3
- The last 5 games for Spezia has each seen both teams scoring. Will they improve their defence, or will we see more of the same here? This season Spezia has seen a total of 27/38 fixtures end with both teams scoring. That's 71% of all matches played.
- It's likely that Spezia will score today, as they have netted in the last 5 games coming into this one and have scored 10 goals in the last five games.
- Coming into this game, Roma has picked up 7 points from the last 5 games, both home and away. That's 1.4 points per game on average. BTTS has landed in just 2 of those games. Roma has scored 10 times in the last 5 fixtures.
- Roma has put together a good run of form and has now gone 2 games without defeat.
- It's possible we will see a couple of goals here, with the last 8 games for Roma ending with 2 goals or more being scored.
- Just 2 of the last 5 games for Roma has ended with both teams scoring. They have won 2 of those 5 games. Overall, BTTS has landed in 20/38 games for Roma this season.
- It's likely that Roma will score today, as they have netted in the last 4 games coming into this one and have scored 10 goals in the last five games.
|Total / L6||Home||Away|
|Win %||24% / 17%||26 %||21 %|
|Draw %||32% / 50%||37 %||26 %|
|Loss %||45% / 33%||37 %||53 %|
|AVG Goals||3.26 / 3.67||3.21||3.32|
|Scored||1.37 / 1.67||1.47||1.26|
|Conceded||1.89 / 2.00||1.74||2.05|
|BTTS %||71% / 83%||79 %||63 %|
|BTTS Win||16% / 17%||21 %||11 %|
|BTTS Loss||28% / 17%||26 %||32 %|
|Scored in Both||26% / 33%||21 %||32 %|
|Scores %||79% / 83%||84 %||74 %|
|Clean Sheet %||13% / 0%||11 %||16 %|
|Frist Goal %||34% / 50%||42 %||26 %|
|Possession %||52% / 49%||52 %||52 %|
|Corners||3.92 / 3.50||3.58||4.26|
|Cards||2.68 / 2.00||2.95||2.42|
|Offsides||2.16 / 2.33||1.89||2.42|
|Fouls||15.24 / 15.50||15.84||14.63|
|Shots||10.87 / 12.67||11.53||10.21|
|Shots on Target||4.42 / 5.00||4.74||4.11|
|Total / L6||Home||Away|
|Win %||47% / 50%||68 %||26 %|
|Draw %||21% / 17%||21 %||21 %|
|Loss %||32% / 33%||11 %||53 %|
|AVG Goals||3.32 / 3.67||3.16||3.47|
|Scored||1.79 / 2.17||2.21||1.37|
|Conceded||1.53 / 1.50||0.95||2.11|
|BTTS %||53% / 50%||47 %||58 %|
|BTTS Win||24% / 17%||26 %||21 %|
|BTTS Loss||13% / 17%||5 %||21 %|
|Scored in Both||32% / 17%||42 %||22 %|
|Scores %||76% / 83%||89 %||63 %|
|Clean Sheet %||29% / 33%||47 %||11 %|
|Frist Goal %||58% / 33%||74 %||42 %|
|Possession %||53% / 51%||52 %||53 %|
|Corners||5.76 / 6.17||5.63||5.89|
|Cards||2.39 / 2.33||2.79||2.00|
|Offsides||1.61 / 2.00||1.37||1.84|
|Fouls||14.05 / 10.67||14.63||13.47|
|Shots||15.76 / 17.00||17.00||14.53|
|Shots on Target||6.37 / 7.33||6.89||5.84|
Over 2.5 Goals and BTTS
Number of Corners
First Half Corners
Second Half Corners
Number of Cards
First Half Cards
Second Half Cards
Spezia vs Roma Odds
|HT 1||4.84||HT X||2.62||HT 2||2.05|
|Home Win Nil||8.75||Away Win Nil||3.30|
|Over 2.5||1.34||Under 2.5||3.15|
|BTTS Yes||1.42||BTTS NO||2.65|
|Over 9.5 Corners||2.21||Under 9.5 Corners||1.67|