Aston Villa will welcome Manchester United to Villa Park for a matchday 22 fixture in England Premier League. The last meeting on 10th January 2022 ended in a Manchester United 1-0 win. Both sides have met twenty-five times in the most recent seasons. Aston Villa has won 2 matches, and Manchester United triumphed in 18. Recent outings average 2.92 goals, while both teams score 52% of the time.
Aston Villa's latest fixture against Brentford ended in an away 2-1 loss. The Lions dominated the possession of the ball but didn't take advantage of it. Aston Villa set the tone early and scored in the 16 minute.
Manchester United's recent game against Wolverhampton Wanderers ended in a home 0-1 loss. Man Utd had plenty of possession, but not so much in the final third of the pitch.
Since the start of the season, The Claret and Blue is more dominant at home. They have four wins out of 10 games on home soil. Although Aston Villa is among the most solid home teams in the league, they are far from perfect. Their defence is not as good as expected with just 30% home clean sheets.
Manchester United has picked up 11 points from the previous six league games. Manchester United don't feel the pressure of playing away. So far, they earn an average of 1.73 points per game, both home and away. To improve results, they have to be more compact in defence. Manchester United kept a clean sheet in just 27% of their visits.
It is hard to choose a favourite in this one. Both teams look evenly-matched and have their strengths. I am not willing to take a risk and prefer a double chance bet. My prediction is Aston Villa or Manchester United to win.
Aston Villa vs Manchester United Betting Tips
Aston Villa vs Manchester United Head to Head
Average stats between Aston Villa and Manchester United in most recent 25 outings in the England Premier League.
Aston Villa vs Manchester United Stats
Results and League Table
Average stats between Aston Villa and Manchester United across current season. Calculated from Aston Villa's Home stats and Manchester United's Away stats.
England Premier League Form
- Coming into this game, Aston Villa has picked up 6 points from the last 5 games, both home and away. That's 1.2 points per game on average. BTTS has landed in an intriguing 3 of those games. Aston Villa has scored 6 times in the last 5 fixtures.
- Aston Villa will be confident of scoring today and will look to keep up their record of scoring in every single home game this season.
- Aston Villa has had no trouble finding the back of the net recently and has scored in the last 9 home games. They have failed to find the net in 0 home game this season.
- In the last 5 matches for Aston Villa, 3 of those games has ended with both teams scoring. This season 11 matches (58% of all matches) involving Aston Villa has seen BTTS landing.
- Coming into this game, Manchester United has picked up 10 points from the last 5 games, both home and away. That's 2 points per game on average. BTTS has landed in just 2 of those games. Manchester United has scored 6 times in the last 5 fixtures.
- Manchester United has enjoyed playing away from home recently, with the side currently unbeaten in 3 games.
- Scoring is not an issue for Manchester United when they play away from home. They have scored in the last 9 games they have played on the road. Can Aston Villa stop this run?
- Manchester United will be looking to keep up the momentum today against Aston Villa, having lost just 1 game from the last 5. They have won 3 and drawn 1
- Just 2 of the last 5 games for Manchester United has ended with both teams scoring. They have won 3 of those 5 games. Overall, BTTS has landed in 11/19 games for Manchester United this season.
|Total / L6||Home||Away|
|Win %||38% / 33%||40 %||36 %|
|Draw %||10% / 17%||20 %||0 %|
|Loss %||52% / 50%||40 %||64 %|
|AVG Goals||2.86 / 2.50||3.30||2.45|
|Scored||1.33 / 1.17||1.70||1.00|
|Conceded||1.52 / 1.33||1.60||1.45|
|BTTS %||57% / 50%||70 %||45 %|
|BTTS Win||10% / 0%||10 %||9 %|
|BTTS Loss||38% / 33%||40 %||36 %|
|Scored in Both||19% / 17%||20 %||18 %|
|Scores %||86% / 83%||100 %||73 %|
|Clean Sheet %||29% / 33%||30 %||27 %|
|Frist Goal %||48% / 67%||50 %||45 %|
|Possession %||46% / 50%||45 %||47 %|
|Corners||4.86 / 5.60||3.70||5.91|
|Cards||2.24 / 2.00||2.00||2.45|
|Offsides||1.40 / 2.50||1.30||1.50|
|Fouls||9.95 / 8.40||8.60||11.18|
|Shots||11.86 / 13.80||11.50||12.18|
|Shots on Target||4.52 / 5.80||4.90||4.18|
|Total / L6||Home||Away|
|Win %||50% / 67%||55 %||45 %|
|Draw %||23% / 17%||9 %||36 %|
|Loss %||27% / 17%||36 %||18 %|
|AVG Goals||3.00 / 2.50||3.00||3.00|
|Scored||1.64 / 1.67||1.64||1.64|
|Conceded||1.36 / 0.83||1.36||1.36|
|BTTS %||59% / 50%||45 %||73 %|
|BTTS Win||27% / 33%||36 %||18 %|
|BTTS Loss||9% / 0%||0 %||18 %|
|Scored in Both||32% / 17%||27 %||36 %|
|Scores %||82% / 83%||64 %||100 %|
|Clean Sheet %||23% / 33%||18 %||27 %|
|Frist Goal %||59% / 83%||55 %||64 %|
|Possession %||53% / 53%||53 %||54 %|
|Corners||5.43 / 6.20||5.60||5.27|
|Cards||2.18 / 1.50||1.91||2.45|
|Offsides||2.14 / 1.40||2.50||1.82|
|Fouls||10.67 / 9.60||9.80||11.45|
|Shots||14.57 / 14.80||16.20||13.09|
|Shots on Target||5.86 / 6.60||6.00||5.73|
Over 2.5 Goals and BTTS
Number of Corners
First Half Corners
Second Half Corners
Number of Cards
First Half Cards
Second Half Cards
Aston Villa vs Manchester United Odds
|HT 1||3.50||HT X||2.25||HT 2||2.88|
|Home Win Nil||5.80||Away Win Nil||3.90|
|Over 2.5||1.73||Under 2.5||2.05|
|BTTS Yes||1.67||BTTS NO||2.10|
|Over 9.5 Corners||1.56||Under 9.5 Corners||2.43|