Atalanta will welcome Torino to Gewiss Stadium for a matchday 20 fixture in Italy Serie A. The last meeting on 21st August 2021 ended in an Atalanta 2-1 win. Both sides have met twenty-three times in the most recent seasons. Atalanta has won 9 matches, and Torino triumphed in 9. Recent outings average 3.00 goals, while both teams score 65% of the time.
Atalanta's latest fixture against Genoa ended in an away 0-0 draw. They were very dangerous in front positions, so one point was the least they deserved.
Torino's previous game in the competition versus Inter Milan ended in an away 1-0 loss. Torino had plenty of time to pass around and make quality forward runs. However, the final result was not what they wish for before the game started.
So far, Nerazzurri plays better on the road than at home. They win 2.50 points per away game on average compared to 1.30 points at home. Although Atalanta is among the most solid home teams in the league, they are far from perfect. Their defence is not as good as expected with just 30% home clean sheets.
Torino has picked up 13 points from the previous six league games. They still have a lot to prove when playing away from home. Torino wins 0.80 points per away game, a bit less than their home record shows. To improve results, they have to be more compact in defence. Torino kept a clean sheet in just 10% of their visits.
It is not a surprise that the hosts stand out as a favourite to win this one. La Dea is currently unbeaten at home in one game. Since the start of the season, they have just three home defeats.
Torino got the three points in their previous away games but are still off their best. Their away record does not convince me that they have what it takes to avoid defeat on Thursday.
I am confident that the hosts will prove their worth and triumph with another home victory. Atalanta wins on average 1.30 points per home game, compared to 0.80 points per away game for Torino. My prediction is Atalanta to win.
I expect a thrilling contest with plenty of goals. Both sides score and concede on average 2.56 goals per game. Over 2.5 goals were scored in an average of 45% of Atalanta's home and Torino's away games. My prediction is Over 2.5 Goals.
Both sides have plenty of quality in the attack which often results in high-scoring games. I don't think this one on Thursday will be any different. On average, both teams score in 56% of Atalanta's home and Torino's away games. My prediction is Both Teams to Score: Yes.
Atalanta vs Torino Betting Tips
Atalanta vs Torino Head to Head
Average stats between Atalanta and Torino in most recent 23 outings in the Italy Serie A.
Atalanta vs Torino Stats
Results and League Table
Average stats between Atalanta and Torino across current season. Calculated from Atalanta's Home stats and Torino's Away stats.
Italy Serie A Form
- Coming into this game, Atalanta has picked up 10 points from the last 5 games, both home and away. That's 2 points per game on average. BTTS has landed in an intriguing 3 of those games. Atalanta has scored 10 times in the last 5 fixtures.
- Torino's defence will have to be at their best today if they're to stop Atalanta from scoring. The home side has scored in the last 8 games in front of their own fans. They have failed to score in 1 home matches this season.
- Atalanta will be looking to keep up the momentum today against Torino, having lost just 1 game from the last 5. They have won 3 and drawn 1
- In the last 5 matches for Atalanta, 3 of those games has ended with both teams scoring. This season 14 matches (74% of all matches) involving Atalanta has seen BTTS landing.
- Coming into this game, Torino has picked up 8 points from the last 5 games, both home and away. That's 1.6 points per game on average. BTTS has landed in an intriguing 3 of those games. Torino has scored 6 times in the last 5 fixtures.
- Torino will be looking to keep up the momentum today against Atalanta, having lost just 1 game from the last 5. They have won 2 and drawn 2
- In the last 5 matches for Torino, 3 of those games has ended with both teams scoring. This season 9 matches (47% of all matches) involving Torino has seen BTTS landing.
|Total / L6||Home||Away|
|Win %||55% / 33%||30 %||75 %|
|Draw %||32% / 50%||40 %||25 %|
|Loss %||14% / 17%||30 %||0 %|
|AVG Goals||3.18 / 2.50||3.30||3.08|
|Scored||2.00 / 1.50||1.80||2.17|
|Conceded||1.18 / 1.00||1.50||0.92|
|BTTS %||68% / 33%||70 %||67 %|
|BTTS Win||41% / 17%||20 %||57 %|
|BTTS Loss||14% / 17%||30 %||0 %|
|Scored in Both||41% / 33%||30 %||50 %|
|Scores %||82% / 50%||80 %||83 %|
|Clean Sheet %||32% / 67%||30 %||33 %|
|Frist Goal %||45% / 33%||30 %||58 %|
|Possession %||54% / 54%||56 %||53 %|
|Corners||5.55 / 6.33||6.10||5.08|
|Cards||2.23 / 1.67||1.70||2.67|
|Offsides||1.45 / 1.50||1.90||1.08|
|Fouls||13.55 / 12.00||12.60||14.33|
|Shots||16.14 / 15.83||16.50||15.83|
|Shots on Target||6.23 / 6.33||6.60||5.92|
|Total / L6||Home||Away|
|Win %||41% / 50%||58 %||20 %|
|Draw %||23% / 17%||25 %||20 %|
|Loss %||36% / 33%||17 %||60 %|
|AVG Goals||2.32 / 2.33||2.92||1.60|
|Scored||1.36 / 1.50||2.00||0.60|
|Conceded||0.95 / 0.83||0.92||1.00|
|BTTS %||50% / 50%||58 %||40 %|
|BTTS Win||18% / 17%||25 %||10 %|
|BTTS Loss||9% / 17%||8 %||10 %|
|Scored in Both||32% / 33%||50 %||10 %|
|Scores %||73% / 83%||92 %||50 %|
|Clean Sheet %||23% / 33%||33 %||10 %|
|Frist Goal %||59% / 50%||83 %||30 %|
|Possession %||53% / 57%||53 %||54 %|
|Corners||4.18 / 5.17||4.00||4.40|
|Cards||2.45 / 1.50||2.00||3.00|
|Offsides||2.45 / 2.00||2.58||2.30|
|Fouls||17.64 / 16.33||16.75||18.70|
|Shots||13.59 / 12.83||14.00||13.10|
|Shots on Target||4.91 / 5.67||5.33||4.40|
Over 2.5 Goals and BTTS
Number of Corners
First Half Corners
Second Half Corners
Number of Cards
First Half Cards
Second Half Cards
Atalanta vs Torino Odds
|HT 1||2.05||HT X||2.40||HT 2||5.50|
|Home Win Nil||2.62||Away Win Nil||10.00|
|Over 2.5||1.70||Under 2.5||2.00|
|BTTS Yes||1.75||BTTS NO||2.00|
|Over 9.5 Corners||2.28||Under 9.5 Corners||1.60|