Birmingham City will welcome Derby County to St Andrew's Trillion Trophy Stadium for a matchday 6 fixture in England Championship. The last meeting on 24th April 2021 ended in a Birmingham City 2-1 win. Both sides have met twenty-four times in the most recent seasons. Birmingham City has won 5 matches, and Derby County triumphed in 10. Recent outings average 3.25 goals, while both teams score 75% of the time.
Birmingham City's latest fixture against Barnsley ended in an away 1-1 draw. They were very dangerous in front positions, so one point was the least they deserved. Birmingham City set the tone early and scored in the 33rd minute.
Derby County's recent game against Nottingham Forest ended in a home 1-1 draw. They had more ball possession and goal-scoring opportunities but it wasn't enough to win three points. Derby County put in a decent first-half display and scored in the 11st minute.
So far, Birmingham City plays better on the road than at home. They win 1.75 points per away game on average compared to 1.00 points at home. Blues's good defensive display is key to their success. They didn't concede in 50% of home games.
Derby County has picked up 9 points from the previous six league games. They still have a lot to prove when playing away from home. Derby County wins 1.00 points per away game, a bit less than their home record shows.
It is not a surprise that the hosts stand out as a favourite to win this one. Birmingham City lost the previous game at home but still have a lot of advantage over their opponent. They have won 25% of home games which gives them plenty of confidence for the upcoming fixture.
The Rams failed to win in two consecutive away games. It will be a big surprise to turn up on Friday and win against Birmingham City.
I am confident that the hosts will prove their worth and triumph with another home victory. Birmingham City wins on average 1.00 points per home game, compared to 1.00 points per away game for Derby County. My prediction is Birmingham City to win.
Lately, there are not that many high-scoring games for both sides. I am confident that the tendency will keep going and at least one team will keep a clean sheet. A bet that both sides will score wins in an average of 25% of Birmingham City's home and Derby County's away games. My prediction is Both Teams to Score: No.
Birmingham City vs Derby County Betting Tips
Birmingham City vs Derby County Head to Head
Average stats between Birmingham City and Derby County in most recent 24 outings in the England Championship.
Birmingham City vs Derby County Stats
Results and League Table
Average stats between Birmingham City and Derby County across current season. Calculated from Birmingham City's Home stats and Derby County's Away stats.
England Championship Form
- Coming into this game, Birmingham City has picked up 7 points from the last 5 games, both home and away. That's 1.4 points per game on average. BTTS has landed in just 2 of those games. Birmingham City has scored 9 times in the last 5 fixtures.
- It's possible we will see a couple of goals here, with the last 6 games for Birmingham City ending with 2 goals or more being scored.
- Birmingham City has fired blanks in 3 games this season. That's 38% of games where they have not been able to find the back of the net. Do they need a new forward? In the last 5 games, they have scored just 9 goals.
- Just 2 of the last 5 games for Birmingham City has ended with both teams scoring. They have won 2 of those 5 games. Overall, BTTS has landed in 2/8 games for Birmingham City this season.
- Coming into this game, Derby County has picked up 6 points from the last 5 games, both home and away. That's 1.2 points per game on average. BTTS has landed in just 2 of those games. Derby County has scored 3 times in the last 5 fixtures.
- Derby County has put together a good run of form and has now gone 2 games without defeat.
- Derby County will be looking to keep up the momentum today against Birmingham City, having lost just 1 game from the last 5. They have won 1 and drawn 3
- Things have not been going that well in front of goal for Derby County recently, with the side failing to score in 3 of the last 5 games. Will the manager change his tactics today, or throw in another forward?
- Derby County has fired blanks in 3 games this season. That's 38% of games where they have not been able to find the back of the net. Do they need a new forward? In the last 5 games, they have scored just 3 goals.
- Just 2 of the last 5 games for Derby County has ended with both teams scoring. They have won 1 of those 5 games. Overall, BTTS has landed in 4/8 games for Derby County this season.
|Total / L6||Home||Away|
|Win %||38% / 33%||25 %||50 %|
|Draw %||25% / 17%||25 %||25 %|
|Loss %||38% / 50%||50 %||25 %|
|AVG Goals||2.50 / 3.17||2.25||2.75|
|Scored||1.25 / 1.50||0.75||1.75|
|Conceded||1.25 / 1.67||1.50||1.00|
|BTTS %||25% / 33%||25 %||25 %|
|BTTS Win||0% / 0%||0 %||0 %|
|BTTS Loss||13% / 17%||25 %||0 %|
|Scored in Both||25% / 33%||25 %||25 %|
|Scores %||62% / 67%||50 %||75 %|
|Clean Sheet %||50% / 33%||50 %||50 %|
|Frist Goal %||38% / 33%||25 %||50 %|
|Possession %||41% / 46%||41 %||42 %|
|Corners||4.63 / 3.80||5.75||3.50|
|Cards||2.63 / 2.17||1.50||3.75|
|Offsides||3.00 / 3.00||3.25||2.75|
|Fouls||12.25 / 10.80||13.00||11.50|
|Shots||14.00 / 14.60||13.25||14.75|
|Shots on Target||4.88 / 5.00||4.50||5.25|
|Total / L6||Home||Away|
|Win %||25% / 17%||25 %||25 %|
|Draw %||50% / 50%||75 %||25 %|
|Loss %||25% / 33%||0 %||50 %|
|AVG Goals||1.63 / 1.67||1.75||1.50|
|Scored||0.75 / 0.67||1.00||0.50|
|Conceded||0.88 / 1.00||0.75||1.00|
|BTTS %||50% / 50%||75 %||25 %|
|BTTS Win||13% / 17%||25 %||0 %|
|BTTS Loss||13% / 17%||0 %||25 %|
|Scored in Both||0% / 0%||0 %||0 %|
|Scores %||62% / 50%||75 %||50 %|
|Clean Sheet %||38% / 33%||25 %||50 %|
|Frist Goal %||63% / 50%||75 %||50 %|
|Possession %||49% / 51%||46 %||52 %|
|Corners||5.00 / 5.20||6.50||3.50|
|Cards||2.50 / 2.00||2.75||2.25|
|Offsides||1.50 / 1.60||1.25||1.75|
|Fouls||11.00 / 9.20||12.00||10.00|
|Shots||10.63 / 10.60||12.75||8.50|
|Shots on Target||3.50 / 3.20||4.25||2.75|
Over 2.5 Goals and BTTS
Number of Corners
First Half Corners
Second Half Corners
Number of Cards
First Half Cards
Second Half Cards
Birmingham City vs Derby County Odds
|HT 1||2.63||HT X||2.00||HT 2||5.00|
|Home Win Nil||2.95||Away Win Nil||7.75|
|Over 2.5||2.35||Under 2.5||1.61|
|BTTS Yes||2.15||BTTS NO||1.71|
|Over 9.5 Corners||2.44||Under 9.5 Corners||1.53|