Brentford will welcome AFC Bournemouth to Brentford Community Stadium for a matchday 0 fixture in England Championship. The last meeting on 17th May 2021 ended in an AFC Bournemouth 1-0 win. Both sides have met twelve times in the most recent seasons. Brentford has won 4 matches, and AFC Bournemouth triumphed in 4. Recent outings average 2.42 goals, while both teams score 50% of the time.
Brentford's latest fixture against AFC Bournemouth ended in an away 1-0 loss. Brentford dominated the possession of the ball but didn't take advantage of it.
Since the start of the season, Brentford is more dominant at home. They have fourteen wins out of 25 games on home soil. The Bees's good defensive display is key to their success. They didn't concede in 44% of home games.
AFC Bournemouth has picked up 6 points from the previous six league games. They still have a lot to prove when playing away from home. AFC Bournemouth wins 1.46 points per away game, a bit less than their home record shows. To improve results, they have to be more compact in defence. AFC Bournemouth kept a clean sheet in just 25% of their visits.
It is not a surprise that the hosts stand out as a favourite to win this one. Recently they enjoy playing at home, having won four consecutive matches. Brentford is currently unbeaten at home in ten games. Since the start of the season, they have just two home defeats.
The Cherries failed to win in two consecutive away games. It will be a big surprise to turn up on Saturday and win against Brentford. Furthermore, they are in really bad away form, having lost two consecutive games on the road.
I am confident that the hosts will prove their worth and triumph with another home victory. Brentford wins on average 2.04 points per home game, compared to 1.46 points per away game for AFC Bournemouth. My prediction is Brentford to win.
Brentford vs AFC Bournemouth Betting Tips
Brentford vs AFC Bournemouth Head to Head
Average stats between Brentford and AFC Bournemouth in most recent 12 outings in the England Championship.
Brentford vs AFC Bournemouth Stats
Results and League Table
Average stats between Brentford and AFC Bournemouth across current season. Calculated from Brentford's Home stats and AFC Bournemouth's Away stats.
England Championship Form
- Coming into this game, Brentford has picked up 12 points from the last 5 games, both home and away. That's 2.4 points per game on average. BTTS has landed in just 2 of those games. Brentford has scored 10 times in the last 5 fixtures.
- Brentford is in great form, and the home fans will be loving it. They have won the last 4 games that they have played at home.
- Superb stuff from Brentford at home, where they are currently unbeaten in 10 games. Can they go another game without defeat?
- AFC Bournemouth's defence will have to be at their best today if they're to stop Brentford from scoring. The home side has scored in the last 5 games in front of their own fans. They have failed to score in 5 home matches this season.
- Brentford has put together a good run of form and has now gone 2 games without defeat.
- Brentford will be looking to keep up the momentum today against AFC Bournemouth, having lost just 1 game from the last 5. They have won 4 and drawn 0
- Just 2 of the last 5 games for Brentford has ended with both teams scoring. They have won 4 of those 5 games. Overall, BTTS has landed in 26/49 games for Brentford this season.
- Coming into this game, AFC Bournemouth has picked up 3 points from the last 5 games, both home and away. That's 0.6 points per game on average. BTTS has landed in just 1 of those games. AFC Bournemouth has scored 2 times in the last 5 fixtures.
- Things have not been going that well in front of goal for AFC Bournemouth recently, with the side failing to score in 3 of the last 5 games. Will the manager change his tactics today, or throw in another forward?
- Just 1 of the last 5 games for AFC Bournemouth has ended with both teams scoring. They have won 1 of those 5 games. Overall, BTTS has landed in 26/48 games for AFC Bournemouth this season.
|Total / L6||Home||Away|
|Win %||53% / 83%||56 %||50 %|
|Draw %||31% / 0%||36 %||25 %|
|Loss %||16% / 17%||8 %||25 %|
|AVG Goals||2.61 / 2.33||2.60||2.63|
|Scored||1.71 / 1.83||1.76||1.67|
|Conceded||0.90 / 0.50||0.84||0.96|
|BTTS %||53% / 33%||52 %||54 %|
|BTTS Win||27% / 33%||28 %||25 %|
|BTTS Loss||6% / 0%||4 %||8 %|
|Scored in Both||24% / 17%||28 %||21 %|
|Scores %||80% / 83%||80 %||79 %|
|Clean Sheet %||37% / 50%||44 %||29 %|
|Frist Goal %||53% / 67%||56 %||50 %|
|Possession %||56% / 62%||54 %||58 %|
|Corners||4.73 / 3.60||4.92||4.54|
|Cards||1.29 / 1.67||1.48||1.08|
|Offsides||1.28 / 2.40||1.39||1.17|
|Fouls||11.62 / 13.00||12.04||11.17|
|Shots||14.02 / 15.40||14.80||13.21|
|Shots on Target||5.06 / 5.40||5.20||4.92|
|Total / L6||Home||Away|
|Win %||48% / 33%||58 %||38 %|
|Draw %||23% / 0%||13 %||33 %|
|Loss %||29% / 67%||29 %||29 %|
|AVG Goals||2.58 / 2.33||2.71||2.46|
|Scored||1.56 / 1.00||1.71||1.42|
|Conceded||1.02 / 1.33||1.00||1.04|
|BTTS %||54% / 33%||46 %||63 %|
|BTTS Win||23% / 17%||21 %||25 %|
|BTTS Loss||17% / 17%||17 %||17 %|
|Scored in Both||28% / 17%||28 %||28 %|
|Scores %||79% / 50%||83 %||75 %|
|Clean Sheet %||33% / 17%||42 %||25 %|
|Frist Goal %||54% / 50%||54 %||54 %|
|Possession %||57% / 61%||57 %||58 %|
|Corners||5.21 / 3.00||5.08||5.33|
|Cards||1.58 / 1.67||1.50||1.67|
|Offsides||1.89 / 1.60||2.04||1.73|
|Fouls||10.98 / 13.20||10.33||11.65|
|Shots||11.96 / 10.20||11.71||12.21|
|Shots on Target||5.04 / 3.40||5.17||4.92|
Over 2.5 Goals and BTTS
Number of Corners
First Half Corners
Second Half Corners
Number of Cards
First Half Cards
Second Half Cards
Brentford vs AFC Bournemouth Odds
|HT 1||2.63||HT X||2.20||HT 2||4.00|
|Home Win Nil||3.35||Away Win Nil||6.25|
|Over 2.5||1.95||Under 2.5||1.83|
|BTTS Yes||1.83||BTTS NO||1.87|
|Over 9.5 Corners||1.95||Under 9.5 Corners||1.75|