Brisbane Roar will welcome Melbourne City FC to Moreton Daily Stadium for a matchday 22 fixture in Australia A-League. The last meeting on 9th May 2021 ended in a Melbourne City FC 3-2 win. Both sides have met thirty-three times in the most recent seasons. Brisbane Roar has won 11 matches, and Melbourne City FC triumphed in 16. Recent outings average 2.91 goals, while both teams score 61% of the time.
Brisbane Roar's latest fixture against Newcastle Jets FC ended in an away 2-1 win. Lionhearts was very dangerous in attack, having attempted seven shots on target. Brisbane Roar scored in both halves in the 34th and 73rd minute.
Melbourne City FC's recent game against Central Coast Mariners ended in a home 1-0 win. Although City didn't match their opponent's intensity and quality while on possession, it was still enough. Melbourne City FC deserved to score in the second half and did so in the 59th minute.
So far, Brisbane Roar plays better on the road than at home. They win 1.54 points per away game on average compared to 1.43 points at home. Although Brisbane Roar is among the most solid home teams in the league, they are far from perfect. Their defence is not as good as expected with just 29% home clean sheets.
Melbourne City FC has picked up 8 points from the previous six league games. They still have a lot to prove when playing away from home. Melbourne City FC wins 1.38 points per away game, a bit less than their home record shows. To improve results, they have to be more compact in defence. Melbourne City FC kept a clean sheet in just 23% of their visits.
The hosts will have to work hard to get a good result. Lionhearts has won just 36% of home games. On average they score 1.29 goals and concede 1.00 per game. Melbourne City FC is one of the best teams in the league. On paper, they have a great squad and I expect them to make life difficult for their opponent.
The visitors have a better record and I have to back them. Brisbane Roar wins on average 1.43 points per home game. I am not sure they have what it takes to compete against Melbourne City FC. My prediction is Melbourne City FC to win.
I expect a thrilling contest with plenty of goals. Both sides score and concede on average 2.55 goals per game. Over 2.5 goals were scored in an average of 38% of Brisbane Roar's home and Melbourne City FC's away games. My prediction is Over 2.5 Goals.
Both teams struggle in defence and concede on regular occasions. Brisbane Roar failed to keep a clean sheet in 29% of home games, while Melbourne City FC conceded in 23% of away games. On average, both teams score in 53% of Brisbane Roar's home and Melbourne City FC's away games. My prediction is Both Teams to Score: Yes.
Brisbane Roar vs Melbourne City FC Betting Tips
Brisbane Roar vs Melbourne City FC Head to Head
Average stats between Brisbane Roar and Melbourne City FC in most recent 33 outings in the Australia A-League.
Brisbane Roar vs Melbourne City FC Stats
Results and League Table
Average stats between Brisbane Roar and Melbourne City FC across current season. Calculated from Brisbane Roar's Home stats and Melbourne City FC's Away stats.
Australia A-League Form
- Coming into this game, Brisbane Roar has picked up 6 points from the last 5 games, both home and away. That's 1.2 points per game on average. BTTS has landed in just 2 of those games. Brisbane Roar has scored 6 times in the last 5 fixtures.
- It's possible we will see a couple of goals here, with the last 6 games for Brisbane Roar ending with 2 goals or more being scored.
- Things have not been going that well in front of goal for Brisbane Roar recently, with the side failing to score in 2 of the last 5 games. Will the manager change his tactics today, or throw in another forward?
- Brisbane Roar has fired blanks in 10 games this season. That's 37% of games where they have not been able to find the back of the net. Do they need a new forward? In the last 5 games, they have scored just 6 goals.
- Just 2 of the last 5 games for Brisbane Roar has ended with both teams scoring. They have won 2 of those 5 games. Overall, BTTS has landed in 15/27 games for Brisbane Roar this season.
- Coming into this game, Melbourne City FC has picked up 7 points from the last 5 games, both home and away. That's 1.4 points per game on average. BTTS has landed in just 2 of those games. Melbourne City FC has scored 5 times in the last 5 fixtures.
- It's possible we will see a couple of goals here, with the last 4 games for Melbourne City FC ending with 2 goals or more being scored.
- Just 2 of the last 5 games for Melbourne City FC has ended with both teams scoring. They have won 2 of those 5 games. Overall, BTTS has landed in 16/27 games for Melbourne City FC this season.
|Total / L6||Home||Away|
|Win %||41% / 33%||36 %||46 %|
|Draw %||26% / 33%||36 %||15 %|
|Loss %||33% / 33%||29 %||38 %|
|AVG Goals||2.48 / 2.17||2.29||2.69|
|Scored||1.37 / 1.17||1.29||1.46|
|Conceded||1.11 / 1.00||1.00||1.23|
|BTTS %||56% / 67%||50 %||62 %|
|BTTS Win||33% / 33%||28 %||38 %|
|BTTS Loss||11% / 0%||7 %||15 %|
|Scored in Both||30% / 33%||21 %||38 %|
|Scores %||63% / 67%||57 %||69 %|
|Clean Sheet %||22% / 0%||29 %||15 %|
|Frist Goal %||41% / 67%||36 %||46 %|
|Possession %||48% / 45%||49 %||48 %|
|Corners||5.22 / 4.67||4.86||5.62|
|Cards||1.52 / 1.17||1.71||1.31|
|Offsides||2.04 / 1.33||2.36||1.69|
|Fouls||11.19 / 13.00||11.21||11.15|
|Shots||15.78 / 14.33||18.00||13.38|
|Shots on Target||6.22 / 3.67||7.00||5.38|
|Total / L6||Home||Away|
|Win %||59% / 67%||79 %||38 %|
|Draw %||15% / 0%||7 %||23 %|
|Loss %||26% / 33%||14 %||38 %|
|AVG Goals||3.37 / 2.17||3.79||2.92|
|Scored||2.19 / 1.33||2.71||1.62|
|Conceded||1.19 / 0.83||1.07||1.31|
|BTTS %||59% / 33%||64 %||54 %|
|BTTS Win||30% / 33%||43 %||15 %|
|BTTS Loss||15% / 0%||14 %||15 %|
|Scored in Both||44% / 33%||56 %||31 %|
|Scores %||89% / 67%||100 %||77 %|
|Clean Sheet %||30% / 33%||36 %||23 %|
|Frist Goal %||67% / 50%||71 %||62 %|
|Possession %||55% / 50%||55 %||55 %|
|Corners||7.07 / 5.83||7.29||6.85|
|Cards||1.67 / 1.83||1.71||1.62|
|Offsides||1.74 / 1.67||1.29||2.23|
|Fouls||12.15 / 11.33||12.79||11.46|
|Shots||16.81 / 13.67||17.43||16.15|
|Shots on Target||6.63 / 5.00||6.79||6.46|
Over 2.5 Goals and BTTS
Number of Corners
First Half Corners
Second Half Corners
Number of Cards
First Half Cards
Second Half Cards
Brisbane Roar vs Melbourne City FC Odds
|HT 1||3.40||HT X||2.38||HT 2||2.75|
|Home Win Nil||5.25||Away Win Nil||4.45|
|Over 2.5||1.58||Under 2.5||2.38|
|BTTS Yes||1.69||BTTS NO||2.10|
|Over 9.5 Corners||1.40||Under 9.5 Corners||2.75|