Bristol City will welcome Millwall to Ashton Gate for a matchday 26 fixture in England Championship. The last meeting on 29th September 2021 ended in a Millwall 1-0 win. Both sides have met sixteen times in the most recent seasons. Bristol City has won 4 matches, and Millwall triumphed in 7. Recent outings average 2.19 goals, while both teams score 50% of the time.
Bristol City's last game in the England Championship against Queens Park Rangers at home ended in a 1-2 loss. The final result is not a surprise. The Robins played less with the ball and therefore had less clear cut chances. Bristol City scored before halftime in the 3rd minute.
Millwall's previous game in the competition versus Coventry City ended in an away 1-0 win. Although Millwall countered for most of the game, it was more than enough to win. Millwall was not convincing in the first-half and scored in the 79th minute.
Since the start of the season, Bristol City is more dominant at home. They have five wins out of 15 games on home soil. Although Bristol City is among the most solid home teams in the league, they are far from perfect. Their defence is not as good as expected with just 20% home clean sheets.
Millwall has picked up 6 points from the previous six league games. They still have a lot to prove when playing away from home. Millwall wins 1.00 points per away game, a bit less than their home record shows. To improve results, they have to be more compact in defence. Millwall kept a clean sheet in just 21% of their visits.
It is hard to choose a favourite in this one. Both teams look evenly-matched and have their strengths. I am not willing to take a risk and prefer a double chance bet. My prediction is Bristol City or Draw.
Bristol City vs Millwall Betting Tips
Bristol City vs Millwall Head to Head
Average stats between Bristol City and Millwall in most recent 16 outings in the England Championship.
Bristol City vs Millwall Stats
Results and League Table
Average stats between Bristol City and Millwall across current season. Calculated from Bristol City's Home stats and Millwall's Away stats.
England Championship Form
- Coming into this game, Bristol City has picked up 7 points from the last 5 games, both home and away. That's 1.4 points per game on average. BTTS has landed in just 2 of those games. Bristol City has scored 6 times in the last 5 fixtures.
- Millwall's defence will have to be at their best today if they're to stop Bristol City from scoring. The home side has scored in the last 6 games in front of their own fans. They have failed to score in 3 home matches this season.
- Just 2 of the last 5 games for Bristol City has ended with both teams scoring. They have won 2 of those 5 games. Overall, BTTS has landed in 14/23 games for Bristol City this season.
- Coming into this game, Millwall has picked up 7 points from the last 5 games, both home and away. That's 1.4 points per game on average. BTTS has landed in an intriguing 4 of those games. Millwall has scored 7 times in the last 5 fixtures.
- In the last 5 matches for Millwall, 4 of those games has ended with both teams scoring. This season 16 matches (70% of all matches) involving Millwall has seen BTTS landing.
- It's likely that Millwall will score today, as they have netted in the last 8 games coming into this one and have scored 7 goals in the last five games.
|Total / L6||Home||Away|
|Win %||32% / 33%||33 %||31 %|
|Draw %||21% / 0%||33 %||8 %|
|Loss %||46% / 67%||33 %||62 %|
|AVG Goals||3.04 / 4.17||2.47||3.69|
|Scored||1.29 / 1.67||1.20||1.38|
|Conceded||1.75 / 2.50||1.27||2.31|
|BTTS %||68% / 83%||67 %||69 %|
|BTTS Win||25% / 33%||20 %||31 %|
|BTTS Loss||25% / 50%||20 %||31 %|
|Scored in Both||28% / 33%||20 %||38 %|
|Scores %||75% / 83%||80 %||69 %|
|Clean Sheet %||11% / 0%||20 %||0 %|
|Frist Goal %||50% / 50%||60 %||38 %|
|Possession %||44% / 49%||43 %||44 %|
|Corners||4.11 / 5.80||4.00||4.25|
|Cards||1.75 / 2.00||1.60||1.92|
|Offsides||2.40 / 3.25||2.50||2.27|
|Fouls||9.37 / 10.20||9.00||9.83|
|Shots||10.96 / 12.00||11.80||9.92|
|Shots on Target||4.26 / 6.40||4.33||4.17|
|Total / L6||Home||Away|
|Win %||31% / 17%||42 %||21 %|
|Draw %||35% / 0%||33 %||36 %|
|Loss %||35% / 83%||25 %||43 %|
|AVG Goals||2.15 / 2.33||2.17||2.14|
|Scored||1.04 / 0.83||1.17||0.93|
|Conceded||1.12 / 1.50||1.00||1.21|
|BTTS %||65% / 50%||67 %||64 %|
|BTTS Win||15% / 0%||25 %||7 %|
|BTTS Loss||19% / 50%||8 %||28 %|
|Scored in Both||8% / 0%||8 %||7 %|
|Scores %||81% / 67%||83 %||79 %|
|Clean Sheet %||19% / 17%||17 %||21 %|
|Frist Goal %||38% / 50%||33 %||43 %|
|Possession %||47% / 44%||50 %||45 %|
|Corners||5.15 / 3.80||6.67||3.86|
|Cards||1.92 / 1.67||1.75||2.07|
|Offsides||2.16 / 1.40||2.55||1.86|
|Fouls||11.08 / 11.40||9.25||12.64|
|Shots||12.92 / 10.80||14.50||11.57|
|Shots on Target||5.04 / 4.60||5.58||4.57|
Over 2.5 Goals and BTTS
Number of Corners
First Half Corners
Second Half Corners
Number of Cards
First Half Cards
Second Half Cards
Bristol City vs Millwall Odds
|HT 1||3.82||HT X||2.02||HT 2||3.14|
|Home Win Nil||4.50||Away Win Nil||3.60|
|Over 2.5||2.32||Under 2.5||1.57|
|BTTS Yes||1.99||BTTS NO||1.82|
|Over 9.5 Corners||2.06||Under 9.5 Corners||1.76|