Atlético Mineiro will welcome São Paulo to Estádio Governador Magalhães Pinto for a matchday 3 fixture in Brazil Serie A. The last meeting on 17th December 2020 ended in a São Paulo 3-0 win. Both sides have met eighteen times in the most recent seasons. Atlético Mineiro has won 8 matches, and São Paulo triumphed in 7. Recent outings average 2.44 goals, while both teams score 50% of the time.
Atlético Mineiro's last game in the Brazil Serie A against São Paulo at home ended in a 1-0 win. Although Galo played less with the ball than their opponent, it was enough to get the result they were hoping for. Atlético Mineiro scored before halftime in the 17th minute.
São Paulo's previous game in the competition versus Atlético GO ended in an away 2-0 loss. São Paulo didn't turn up and failed to create clear cut chances for most of the game.
Since the start of the season, Galão is more dominant at home. They have five wins out of 7 games on home soil. Galo's good defensive display is key to their success. They didn't concede in 43% of home games.
São Paulo has picked up 7 points from the previous six league games. They still have a lot to prove when playing away from home. São Paulo wins 0.71 points per away game, a bit less than their home record shows. To improve results, they have to be more compact in defence. São Paulo kept a clean sheet in just 29% of their visits.
It is hard to choose a favourite in this one. Both teams look evenly-matched and have their strengths. I am not willing to take a risk and prefer a double chance bet. My prediction is Atlético Mineiro or Draw.
Atlético Mineiro vs São Paulo Betting Tips
Atlético Mineiro vs São Paulo Head to Head
Average stats between Atlético Mineiro and São Paulo in most recent 18 outings in the Brazil Serie A.
Atlético Mineiro vs São Paulo Stats
Results and League Table
Average stats between Atlético Mineiro and São Paulo across current season. Calculated from Atlético Mineiro's Home stats and São Paulo's Away stats.
Brazil Serie A Form
- Coming into this game, Atlético Mineiro has picked up 15 points from the last 5 games, both home and away. That's 3 points per game on average. BTTS has landed in just 2 of those games. Atlético Mineiro has scored 10 times in the last 5 fixtures.
- Atlético Mineiro is in great form, and the home fans will be loving it. They have won the last 4 games that they have played at home.
- Superb stuff from Atlético Mineiro at home, where they are currently unbeaten in 6 games. Can they go another game without defeat?
- Atlético Mineiro will be confident of scoring today and will look to keep up their record of scoring in every single home game this season.
- Atlético Mineiro has had no trouble finding the back of the net recently and has scored in the last 7 home games. They have failed to find the net in 0 home game this season.
- Momentum is really building for Atlético Mineiro as they have now gone 7 games without losing. They have won 5 of the last 5 games they have played.
- Atlético Mineiro has kept 3 clean sheets in the last 5 games, conceding 2 goals during this period. Overall this season, their defence has kept a clean sheet on 7 occasions.
- Atlético Mineiro is unbeaten in the last 5 games coming into this fixture against São Paulo, having won 5 and drawn 0. They have scored 10 goals in those 5 games.
- Just 2 of the last 5 games for Atlético Mineiro has ended with both teams scoring. They have won 5 of those 5 games. Overall, BTTS has landed in 6/14 games for Atlético Mineiro this season.
- It's likely that Atlético Mineiro will score today, as they have netted in the last 7 games coming into this one and have scored 10 goals in the last five games.
- Coming into this game, São Paulo has picked up 7 points from the last 5 games, both home and away. That's 1.4 points per game on average. BTTS has landed in just 1 of those games. São Paulo has scored 4 times in the last 5 fixtures.
- São Paulo has kept 3 clean sheets in the last 5 games, conceding 6 goals during this period. Overall this season, their defence has kept a clean sheet on 5 occasions.
- Things have not been going that well in front of goal for São Paulo recently, with the side failing to score in 2 of the last 5 games. Will the manager change his tactics today, or throw in another forward?
- São Paulo has fired blanks in 7 games this season. That's 50% of games where they have not been able to find the back of the net. Do they need a new forward? In the last 5 games, they have scored just 4 goals.
- Just 1 of the last 5 games for São Paulo has ended with both teams scoring. They have won 2 of those 5 games. Overall, BTTS has landed in 5/14 games for São Paulo this season.
|Total / L6||Home||Away|
|Win %||71% / 50%||71 %||71 %|
|Draw %||7% / 33%||14 %||0 %|
|Loss %||21% / 17%||14 %||29 %|
|AVG Goals||2.21 / 3.17||2.71||1.71|
|Scored||1.50 / 2.00||2.00||1.00|
|Conceded||0.71 / 1.17||0.71||0.71|
|BTTS %||43% / 67%||57 %||29 %|
|BTTS Win||21% / 17%||28 %||14 %|
|BTTS Loss||14% / 17%||14 %||14 %|
|Scored in Both||7% / 17%||14 %||0 %|
|Scores %||93% / 100%||100 %||86 %|
|Clean Sheet %||50% / 33%||43 %||57 %|
|Frist Goal %||79% / 67%||100 %||57 %|
|Possession %||53% / 61%||54 %||52 %|
|Corners||5.21 / 7.17||5.29||5.14|
|Cards||1.86 / 0.83||1.43||2.29|
|Offsides||1.71 / 0.67||1.57||1.86|
|Fouls||15.07 / 11.67||13.71||16.43|
|Shots||12.79 / 17.83||13.71||11.86|
|Shots on Target||4.93 / 6.83||5.14||4.71|
|Total / L6||Home||Away|
|Win %||14% / 0%||14 %||14 %|
|Draw %||43% / 50%||57 %||29 %|
|Loss %||43% / 50%||29 %||57 %|
|AVG Goals||1.86 / 2.83||1.57||2.14|
|Scored||0.64 / 0.83||0.71||0.57|
|Conceded||1.21 / 2.00||0.86||1.57|
|BTTS %||36% / 67%||43 %||29 %|
|BTTS Win||0% / 0%||0 %||0 %|
|BTTS Loss||14% / 33%||14 %||14 %|
|Scored in Both||7% / 17%||0 %||14 %|
|Scores %||50% / 67%||57 %||43 %|
|Clean Sheet %||36% / 17%||43 %||29 %|
|Frist Goal %||43% / 17%||57 %||29 %|
|Possession %||57% / 64%||58 %||56 %|
|Corners||5.71 / 6.50||5.71||5.71|
|Cards||3.00 / 2.17||2.29||3.71|
|Offsides||2.64 / 2.17||2.14||3.14|
|Fouls||17.00 / 14.83||15.57||18.43|
|Shots||12.57 / 13.67||12.57||12.57|
|Shots on Target||5.00 / 5.00||5.57||4.43|
Over 2.5 Goals and BTTS
Number of Corners
First Half Corners
Second Half Corners
Number of Cards
First Half Cards
Second Half Cards
Atlético Mineiro vs São Paulo Odds
|HT 1||2.88||HT X||2.00||HT 2||4.00|
|Home Win Nil||3.30||Away Win Nil||4.80|
|Over 2.5||2.15||Under 2.5||1.62|
|BTTS Yes||1.91||BTTS NO||1.83|
|Over 9.5 Corners||1.68||Under 9.5 Corners||2.13|