CD Castellón will welcome RCD Espanyol to Nou Estadi Castalia for a matchday 31 fixture in Spain Segunda División. The last meeting on 10th January 2021 ended in a RCD Espanyol 2-0 win. Both sides have met one time in the most recent seasons. CD Castellón has won 0 matches, and RCD Espanyol triumphed in 1. Recent outings average 2.00 goals, while both teams score 0% of the time.
CD Castellón's latest fixture against CD Lugo ended in an away 0-0 draw. They were not spectacular, so this result seems fair.
RCD Espanyol's recent game against UD Logroñés ended in a home 4-0 win. Periquitos dominated the game and deserved the win. RCD Espanyol had good chances in both halves and scored in the 22nd, 25th, 26th and 70th minute.
Since the start of the season, Orelluts is more dominant at home. They have nine wins out of 21 games on home soil. El Inmortal's good defensive display is key to their success. They didn't concede in 38% of home games.
RCD Espanyol has picked up 8 points from the previous six league games. They still have a lot to prove when playing away from home. Mágico wins 1.62 points per away game, a bit less than their home record shows. To improve results, they have to be more compact in defence. RCD Espanyol kept a clean sheet in just 33% of their visits.
The hosts will have to work hard to get a good result. El Glorioso has won just 43% of home games. On average they score 1.00 goals and concede 0.95 per game. RCD Espanyol is one of the best teams in the league. On paper, they have a great squad and I expect them to make life difficult for their opponent.
The visitors have a better record and I have to back them. CD Castellón wins on average 1.33 points per home game. I am not sure they have what it takes to compete against RCD Espanyol. My prediction is RCD Espanyol to win.
CD Castellón vs RCD Espanyol Betting Tips
CD Castellón vs RCD Espanyol Head to Head
Average stats between CD Castellón and RCD Espanyol in most recent 1 outings in the Spain Segunda División.
CD Castellón vs RCD Espanyol Stats
Results and League Table
Average stats between CD Castellón and RCD Espanyol across current season. Calculated from CD Castellón's Home stats and RCD Espanyol's Away stats.
Spain Segunda División Form
- Coming into this game, CD Castellón has picked up 0 points from the last 5 games, both home and away. That's 0 points per game on average. BTTS has landed in just 0 of those games. CD Castellón has scored 0 times in the last 5 fixtures.
- It's possible we will see a couple of goals here, with the last 4 games for CD Castellón ending with 2 goals or more being scored.
- Can CD Castellón turn this around? They have not won in the last 5 games coming into this, with 0 draws and 5 defeats.
- Things have not been going that well in front of goal for CD Castellón recently, with the side failing to score in 5 of the last 5 games. Will the manager change his tactics today, or throw in another forward?
- CD Castellón has fired blanks in 17 games this season. That's 40% of games where they have not been able to find the back of the net. Do they need a new forward? In the last 5 games, they have scored just 0 goals.
- Just 0 of the last 5 games for CD Castellón has ended with both teams scoring. They have won 0 of those 5 games. Overall, BTTS has landed in 17/42 games for CD Castellón this season.
- CD Castellón will need to improve their attack if they're to get anything out of this game. They have not scored in the last 6 matches. During the last five games they have scored 0 times and overall this season they have scored 0.83 goals per game.
- Coming into this game, RCD Espanyol has picked up 5 points from the last 5 games, both home and away. That's 1 points per game on average. BTTS has landed in just 2 of those games. RCD Espanyol has scored 5 times in the last 5 fixtures.
- Things have not been going that well in front of goal for RCD Espanyol recently, with the side failing to score in 3 of the last 5 games. Will the manager change his tactics today, or throw in another forward?
- Just 2 of the last 5 games for RCD Espanyol has ended with both teams scoring. They have won 1 of those 5 games. Overall, BTTS has landed in 16/42 games for RCD Espanyol this season.
|Total / L6||Home||Away|
|Win %||26% / 33%||43 %||10 %|
|Draw %||19% / 17%||5 %||33 %|
|Loss %||55% / 50%||52 %||57 %|
|AVG Goals||2.12 / 1.83||1.95||2.29|
|Scored||0.83 / 0.83||1.00||0.67|
|Conceded||1.29 / 1.00||0.95||1.62|
|BTTS %||40% / 17%||24 %||57 %|
|BTTS Win||7% / 0%||10 %||5 %|
|BTTS Loss||21% / 0%||14 %||28 %|
|Scored in Both||14% / 17%||24 %||5 %|
|Scores %||60% / 50%||57 %||62 %|
|Clean Sheet %||26% / 33%||38 %||14 %|
|Frist Goal %||33% / 50%||48 %||19 %|
|Possession %||47% / 48%||46 %||47 %|
|Corners||4.62 / 4.33||4.48||4.76|
|Cards||2.29 / 1.67||2.57||2.00|
|Offsides||1.52 / 1.20||2.10||0.95|
|Fouls||13.43 / 13.60||13.19||13.67|
|Shots||7.57 / 9.67||7.14||8.00|
|Shots on Target||3.19 / 5.67||2.81||3.57|
|Total / L6||Home||Away|
|Win %||57% / 33%||71 %||43 %|
|Draw %||24% / 33%||14 %||33 %|
|Loss %||19% / 33%||14 %||24 %|
|AVG Goals||2.36 / 2.17||2.52||2.19|
|Scored||1.69 / 1.33||1.95||1.43|
|Conceded||0.67 / 0.83||0.57||0.76|
|BTTS %||38% / 33%||33 %||43 %|
|BTTS Win||17% / 17%||14 %||19 %|
|BTTS Loss||5% / 0%||10 %||0 %|
|Scored in Both||38% / 33%||43 %||33 %|
|Scores %||79% / 50%||90 %||67 %|
|Clean Sheet %||48% / 33%||62 %||33 %|
|Frist Goal %||64% / 33%||86 %||43 %|
|Possession %||55% / 60%||55 %||55 %|
|Corners||5.43 / 5.17||5.43||5.43|
|Cards||2.00 / 2.33||2.19||1.81|
|Offsides||1.69 / 1.00||1.67||1.71|
|Fouls||12.55 / 12.33||12.86||12.24|
|Shots||11.45 / 12.00||12.52||10.38|
|Shots on Target||5.14 / 5.17||5.86||4.43|
Over 2.5 Goals and BTTS
Number of Corners
First Half Corners
Second Half Corners
Number of Cards
First Half Cards
Second Half Cards
CD Castellón vs RCD Espanyol Odds
|HT 1||5.75||HT X||1.91||HT 2||2.40|
|Home Win Nil||7.00||Away Win Nil||2.40|
|Over 2.5||2.35||Under 2.5||1.57|
|BTTS Yes||2.50||BTTS NO||1.50|
|Over 9.5 Corners||2.15||Under 9.5 Corners||1.65|