CD Nacional will welcome Rio Ave FC to Estádio da Madeira for a matchday 34 fixture in Portugal Liga NOS. The last meeting on 5th February 2021 ended in a 0-0 draw. Both sides have met seventeen times in the most recent seasons. CD Nacional has won 5 matches, and Rio Ave FC triumphed in 6. Recent outings average 2.00 goals, while both teams score 47% of the time.
CD Nacional's latest fixture against Famalicão ended in an away 3-0 loss. I expected more from CD Nacional. The lack of focus in the final third cost them three points.
Rio Ave FC's recent game against Porto ended in a home 0-3 loss. Rio Ave FC's strikers were frustrated by the lack of good chances.
Since the start of the season, CD Nacional is more dominant at home. They have four wins out of 17 games on home soil. Although CD Nacional is among the most solid home teams in the league, they are far from perfect. Their defence is not as good as expected with just 18% home clean sheets.
Rio Ave FC has picked up 5 points from the previous six league games. They still have a lot to prove when playing away from home. Rio Ave FC wins 0.94 points per away game, a bit less than their home record shows. To improve results, they have to be more compact in defence. Rio Ave FC kept a clean sheet in just 18% of their visits.
It is hard to choose a favourite in this one. Both teams look evenly-matched and have their strengths. I am not willing to take a risk and prefer a double chance bet. My prediction is CD Nacional or Draw.
Still, I expect a close game and don't think that we will see a lot of goals. Both sides score and concede on average 2.44 goals per game. Over 2.5 goals were scored in an average of 38% of CD Nacional's home and Rio Ave FC's away games. My prediction is Under 2.5 Goals.
CD Nacional vs Rio Ave FC Betting Tips
CD Nacional vs Rio Ave FC Head to Head
Average stats between CD Nacional and Rio Ave FC in most recent 17 outings in the Portugal Liga NOS.
CD Nacional vs Rio Ave FC Stats
Results and League Table
Average stats between CD Nacional and Rio Ave FC across current season. Calculated from CD Nacional's Home stats and Rio Ave FC's Away stats.
Portugal Liga NOS Form
- Coming into this game, CD Nacional has picked up 1 points from the last 5 games, both home and away. That's 0.2 points per game on average. BTTS has landed in an intriguing 3 of those games. CD Nacional has scored 4 times in the last 5 fixtures.
- Rio Ave FC's defence will have to be at their best today if they're to stop CD Nacional from scoring. The home side has scored in the last 3 games in front of their own fans. They have failed to score in 4 home matches this season.
- It's possible we will see a couple of goals here, with the last 5 games for CD Nacional ending with 2 goals or more being scored.
- Can CD Nacional turn this around? They have not won in the last 5 games coming into this, with 1 draws and 4 defeats.
- Things have not been going that well in front of goal for CD Nacional recently, with the side failing to score in 2 of the last 5 games. Will the manager change his tactics today, or throw in another forward?
- In the last 5 matches for CD Nacional, 3 of those games has ended with both teams scoring. This season 19 matches (56% of all matches) involving CD Nacional has seen BTTS landing.
- Coming into this game, Rio Ave FC has picked up 4 points from the last 5 games, both home and away. That's 0.8 points per game on average. BTTS has landed in just 1 of those games. Rio Ave FC has scored 2 times in the last 5 fixtures.
- Things have not been going that well in front of goal for Rio Ave FC recently, with the side failing to score in 4 of the last 5 games. Will the manager change his tactics today, or throw in another forward?
- Rio Ave FC has fired blanks in 19 games this season. That's 56% of games where they have not been able to find the back of the net. Do they need a new forward? In the last 5 games, they have scored just 2 goals.
- Just 1 of the last 5 games for Rio Ave FC has ended with both teams scoring. They have won 1 of those 5 games. Overall, BTTS has landed in 11/34 games for Rio Ave FC this season.
|Total / L6||Home||Away|
|Win %||18% / 17%||24 %||12 %|
|Draw %||21% / 17%||18 %||24 %|
|Loss %||62% / 67%||59 %||65 %|
|AVG Goals||2.62 / 2.83||2.88||2.35|
|Scored||0.88 / 0.83||1.12||0.65|
|Conceded||1.74 / 2.00||1.76||1.71|
|BTTS %||56% / 50%||65 %||47 %|
|BTTS Win||6% / 0%||12 %||0 %|
|BTTS Loss||38% / 33%||41 %||35 %|
|Scored in Both||9% / 17%||12 %||6 %|
|Scores %||68% / 67%||76 %||59 %|
|Clean Sheet %||21% / 17%||18 %||24 %|
|Frist Goal %||32% / 67%||35 %||29 %|
|Possession %||47% / 36%||46 %||47 %|
|Corners||4.18 / 4.17||4.94||3.41|
|Cards||3.06 / 2.83||2.88||3.24|
|Offsides||1.62 / 1.17||2.00||1.24|
|Fouls||15.94 / 17.83||14.65||17.24|
|Shots||10.35 / 10.50||11.29||9.41|
|Shots on Target||4.65 / 4.00||5.12||4.18|
|Total / L6||Home||Away|
|Win %||21% / 17%||24 %||18 %|
|Draw %||38% / 33%||35 %||41 %|
|Loss %||41% / 50%||41 %||41 %|
|AVG Goals||1.91 / 1.83||1.76||2.06|
|Scored||0.74 / 0.50||0.71||0.76|
|Conceded||1.18 / 1.33||1.06||1.29|
|BTTS %||32% / 33%||24 %||41 %|
|BTTS Win||9% / 17%||6 %||12 %|
|BTTS Loss||6% / 0%||12 %||0 %|
|Scored in Both||12% / 0%||12 %||12 %|
|Scores %||44% / 33%||41 %||47 %|
|Clean Sheet %||32% / 17%||47 %||18 %|
|Frist Goal %||21% / 0%||24 %||18 %|
|Possession %||52% / 52%||51 %||52 %|
|Corners||5.06 / 7.33||4.35||5.76|
|Cards||2.38 / 3.00||2.94||1.82|
|Offsides||2.06 / 1.67||1.88||2.24|
|Fouls||13.88 / 13.00||14.53||13.24|
|Shots||9.97 / 11.83||9.41||10.53|
|Shots on Target||4.26 / 5.00||4.59||3.94|
Over 2.5 Goals and BTTS
Number of Corners
First Half Corners
Second Half Corners
Number of Cards
First Half Cards
Second Half Cards
CD Nacional vs Rio Ave FC Odds
|HT 1||5.50||HT X||2.20||HT 2||2.30|
|Home Win Nil||7.25||Away Win Nil||2.45|
|Over 2.5||1.74||Under 2.5||2.05|
|BTTS Yes||1.83||BTTS NO||1.91|
|Over 9.5 Corners||1.53||Under 9.5 Corners||2.30|