- Algeria Ligue 1
- 17:00 NA Hussein Dey vs USM Alger
- 17:00 CS Constantine vs CR Belouizdad
- 17:45 MC Alger vs Paradou AC Brazil Serie A
- 23:00 Flamengo vs Fortaleza
- 23:00 São Paulo vs Cuiabá
- 23:00 Bragantino vs Palmeiras
- 23:00 Atlético GO vs Fluminense EURO 2020
- 17:00 Sweden vs Poland
- 17:00 Slovakia vs Spain
- 20:00 Portugal vs France
- 20:00 Germany vs Hungary Uruguay Primera División
- 19:45 Torque vs Peñarol
CD Universidad Católica will welcome Barcelona to Estadio Olímpico Atahualpa for a matchday 14 fixture in Ecuador Primera Categoría Serie A. The last meeting on 21st December 2020 ended in a 0-0 draw. Both sides have met twenty-eight times in the most recent seasons. CD Universidad Católica has won 8 matches, and Barcelona triumphed in 15. Recent outings average 2.79 goals, while both teams score 57% of the time.
CD Universidad Católica's latest fixture against Orense SC ended in an away 3-0 win. Trencito Azul was very effective while counter-attacking. In the end, it was enough to make the difference between the two teams. CD Universidad Católica scored in both halves in the 21st, 31st and 59th minute.
Barcelona's recent game against CD Olmedo ended in a home 4-0 win. Ídolo del Astillero dominated the game and deserved the win. Barcelona had good chances in both halves and scored in the 28th, 60th, 85th and 90+2 minute.
So far, Celestes plays better on the road than at home. They win 2.40 points per away game on average compared to 1.25 points at home. Although CD Universidad Católica is among the most solid home teams in the league, they are far from perfect. Their defence is not as good as expected with just 25% home clean sheets.
Barcelona has picked up 13 points from the previous six league games. They still have a lot to prove when playing away from home. Toreros wins 1.57 points per away game, a bit less than their home record shows. To improve results, they have to be more compact in defence. Barcelona kept a clean sheet in just 29% of their visits.
It is not a surprise that the hosts stand out as a favourite to win this one. Trencito Azul is currently unbeaten at home in one game. Since the start of the season, they have just two home defeats.
Ídolo del Astillero is winless in one away game, having tasted defeat on their previous visit. However, they will need plenty of luck to avoid another one against Trencito Azul.
I am confident that the hosts will prove their worth and triumph with another home victory. CD Universidad Católica wins on average 1.25 points per home game, compared to 1.57 points per away game for Barcelona. My prediction is CD Universidad Católica to win.
Both sides are dangerous going forward. CD Universidad Católica has scored in 88% of home games. Barcelona is a decent match and has scored in all away games. My prediction is Both Teams to Score: Yes.
CD Universidad Católica vs Barcelona Betting Tips
CD Universidad Católica vs Barcelona Head to Head
Average stats between CD Universidad Católica and Barcelona in most recent 28 outings in the Ecuador Primera Categoría Serie A.
CD Universidad Católica vs Barcelona Stats
Results and League Table
Average stats between CD Universidad Católica and Barcelona across current season. Calculated from CD Universidad Católica's Home stats and Barcelona's Away stats.
Ecuador Primera Categoría Serie A Form
- Coming into this game, CD Universidad Católica has picked up 10 points from the last 5 games, both home and away. That's 2 points per game on average. BTTS has landed in just 2 of those games. CD Universidad Católica has scored 12 times in the last 5 fixtures.
- CD Universidad Católica has put together a good run of form and has now gone 2 games without defeat.
- CD Universidad Católica will be looking to keep up the momentum today against Barcelona, having lost just 1 game from the last 5. They have won 3 and drawn 1
- Just 2 of the last 5 games for CD Universidad Católica has ended with both teams scoring. They have won 3 of those 5 games. Overall, BTTS has landed in 8/13 games for CD Universidad Católica this season.
- Coming into this game, Barcelona has picked up 10 points from the last 5 games, both home and away. That's 2 points per game on average. BTTS has landed in just 2 of those games. Barcelona has scored 9 times in the last 5 fixtures.
- Barcelona will be looking to keep up the momentum today against CD Universidad Católica, having lost just 1 game from the last 5. They have won 3 and drawn 1
- Just 2 of the last 5 games for Barcelona has ended with both teams scoring. They have won 3 of those 5 games. Overall, BTTS has landed in 5/13 games for Barcelona this season.
|Total / L6||Home||Away|
|Win %||46% / 33%||25 %||80 %|
|Draw %||31% / 50%||50 %||0 %|
|Loss %||23% / 17%||25 %||20 %|
|AVG Goals||3.15 / 1.33||2.88||3.60|
|Scored||2.00 / 1.00||1.63||2.60|
|Conceded||1.15 / 0.33||1.25||1.00|
|BTTS %||62% / 17%||63 %||60 %|
|BTTS Win||15% / 0%||0 %||40 %|
|BTTS Loss||15% / 0%||13 %||20 %|
|Scored in Both||33% / 20%||28 %||40 %|
|Scores %||92% / 50%||87 %||100 %|
|Clean Sheet %||31% / 67%||25 %||40 %|
|Frist Goal %||54% / 33%||50 %||60 %|
|Possession %||50% / 56%||51 %||49 %|
|Corners||4.75 / 3.75||5.00||4.40|
|Cards||2.83 / 2.40||2.86||2.80|
|Offsides||1.92 / 2.00||2.00||1.80|
|Fouls||17.42 / 12.75||17.29||17.60|
|Shots||14.50 / 10.50||14.71||14.20|
|Shots on Target||6.25 / 4.50||5.43||7.40|
|Total / L6||Home||Away|
|Win %||62% / 33%||83 %||43 %|
|Draw %||23% / 50%||17 %||29 %|
|Loss %||15% / 17%||0 %||29 %|
|AVG Goals||2.92 / 2.17||3.00||2.86|
|Scored||2.00 / 1.33||2.50||1.57|
|Conceded||0.92 / 0.83||0.50||1.29|
|BTTS %||38% / 50%||33 %||43 %|
|BTTS Win||15% / 17%||17 %||14 %|
|BTTS Loss||0% / 17%||0 %||0 %|
|Scored in Both||46% / 0%||50 %||43 %|
|Scores %||85% / 67%||100 %||71 %|
|Clean Sheet %||46% / 50%||67 %||29 %|
|Frist Goal %||54% / 17%||83 %||29 %|
|Possession %||55% / 51%||54 %||56 %|
|Corners||4.50 / 4.17||4.40||4.57|
|Cards||2.33 / 3.00||2.40||2.29|
|Offsides||2.25 / 1.17||2.80||1.86|
|Fouls||17.33 / 14.17||18.80||16.29|
|Shots||15.58 / 12.83||14.40||16.43|
|Shots on Target||7.08 / 6.50||7.60||6.71|
Over 2.5 Goals and BTTS
Number of Corners
First Half Corners
Second Half Corners
Number of Cards
First Half Cards
Second Half Cards
CD Universidad Católica vs Barcelona Odds
|HT 1||3.20||HT X||2.20||HT 2||3.20|
|Home Win Nil||3.95||Away Win Nil||4.75|
|Over 2.5||1.71||Under 2.5||1.95|
|BTTS Yes||1.62||BTTS NO||2.10|
|Over 9.5 Corners||2.15||Under 9.5 Corners||1.62|