Celtic will welcome Ross County to Celtic Park for a matchday 5 fixture in Scotland Premiership. The last meeting on 21st February 2021 ended in a Ross County 1-0 win. Both sides have met twenty-seven times in the most recent seasons. Celtic has won 18 matches, and Ross County triumphed in 3. Recent outings average 3.04 goals, while both teams score 37% of the time.
Celtic's latest fixture against Rangers ended in an away 1-0 loss. The Hoops dominated the possession of the ball but didn't take advantage of it.
Ross County's previous game in the competition versus Aberdeen ended in an away 1-1 draw. The whole team didn't turn up, so in the end the draw was a good result. Ross County played better before halftime and scored in the 33rd minute.
Since the start of the season, The Celts is more dominant at home. They have three wins out of 3 games on home soil. The Bhoys has one of the best defence in the league. They have kept a clean sheet in 100% of their home games.
Ross County has picked up 3 points from the previous six league games. They still have a lot to prove when playing away from home. Ross County wins 0.33 points per away game, a bit less than their home record shows. It is clear that their strikers will have to step up in the following games. Ross County failed to score in 67% of away games this campaign.
It is not a surprise that the hosts stand out as a favourite to win this one. Recently they enjoy playing at home, having won three consecutive matches. The Hoops is yet to lose at home, being undefeated in three games.
This season hasn't unfolded as planned, and The Staggies haven't tasted an away victory at all. The visitors have lost 67% of all games on the road while conceding on average 2.33 goals in the process.
I am confident that the hosts will prove their worth and triumph with another home victory. Celtic wins on average 3.00 points per home game, compared to 0.33 points per away game for Ross County. My prediction is Celtic to win.
I expect a thrilling contest with plenty of goals. Both sides score and concede on average 4.25 goals per game. Over 2.5 goals were scored in an average of 75% of Celtic's home and Ross County's away games. My prediction is Over 2.5 Goals.
Both sides have plenty of quality in the attack which often results in high-scoring games. I don't think this one on Saturday will be any different. On average, both teams score in 25% of Celtic's home and Ross County's away games. My prediction is Both Teams to Score: Yes.
Celtic vs Ross County Betting Tips
Celtic vs Ross County Head to Head
Average stats between Celtic and Ross County in most recent 27 outings in the Scotland Premiership.
Celtic vs Ross County Stats
Results and League Table
Average stats between Celtic and Ross County across current season. Calculated from Celtic's Home stats and Ross County's Away stats.
Scotland Premiership Form
- Coming into this game, Celtic has picked up 9 points from the last 5 games, both home and away. That's 1.8 points per game on average. BTTS has landed in just 0 of those games. Celtic has scored 15 times in the last 5 fixtures.
- Celtic is in great form, and the home fans will be loving it. They have won the last 3 games that they have played at home.
- Celtic will be confident of scoring today and will look to keep up their record of scoring in every single home game this season.
- Celtic has kept 3 clean sheets in the last 5 games, conceding 2 goals during this period. Overall this season, their defence has kept a clean sheet on 3 occasions.
- Things have not been going that well in front of goal for Celtic recently, with the side failing to score in 2 of the last 5 games. Will the manager change his tactics today, or throw in another forward?
- Just 0 of the last 5 games for Celtic has ended with both teams scoring. They have won 3 of those 5 games. Overall, BTTS has landed in 1/6 games for Celtic this season.
- Coming into this game, Ross County has picked up 2 points from the last 5 games, both home and away. That's 0.4 points per game on average. BTTS has landed in an intriguing 3 of those games. Ross County has scored 5 times in the last 5 fixtures.
- It's possible we will see a couple of goals here, with the last 5 games for Ross County ending with 2 goals or more being scored.
- Can Ross County turn this around? They have not won in the last 5 games coming into this, with 2 draws and 3 defeats.
- Things have not been going that well in front of goal for Ross County recently, with the side failing to score in 2 of the last 5 games. Will the manager change his tactics today, or throw in another forward?
- Ross County has fired blanks in 3 games this season. That's 50% of games where they have not been able to find the back of the net. Do they need a new forward? In the last 5 games, they have scored an intriguing 5 goals.
- In the last 5 matches for Ross County, 3 of those games has ended with both teams scoring. This season 3 matches (50% of all matches) involving Ross County has seen BTTS landing.
|Total / L6||Home||Away|
|Win %||50% / 33%||100 %||0 %|
|Draw %||0% / 0%||0 %||0 %|
|Loss %||50% / 67%||0 %||100 %|
|AVG Goals||3.33 / 3.50||5.00||1.67|
|Scored||2.67 / 2.17||5.00||0.33|
|Conceded||0.67 / 1.33||0.00||1.33|
|BTTS %||17% / 33%||0 %||33 %|
|BTTS Win||0% / 0%||0 %||0 %|
|BTTS Loss||17% / 33%||0 %||33 %|
|Scored in Both||33% / 33%||67 %||0 %|
|Scores %||67% / 67%||100 %||33 %|
|Clean Sheet %||50% / 33%||100 %||0 %|
|Frist Goal %||50% / 67%||100 %||0 %|
|Possession %||73% / 63%||75 %||70 %|
|Corners||8.40 / 7.40||11.00||4.50|
|Cards||0.83 / 1.50||0.33||1.33|
|Offsides||1.00 / 1.80||1.00||1.00|
|Fouls||12.20 / 11.40||12.67||11.50|
|Shots||23.00 / 18.40||29.00||14.00|
|Shots on Target||8.40 / 6.60||11.33||4.00|
|Total / L6||Home||Away|
|Win %||0% / 33%||0 %||0 %|
|Draw %||50% / 17%||67 %||33 %|
|Loss %||50% / 50%||33 %||67 %|
|AVG Goals||3.00 / 3.50||3.33||2.67|
|Scored||0.83 / 1.50||1.33||0.33|
|Conceded||2.17 / 2.00||2.00||2.33|
|BTTS %||50% / 67%||67 %||33 %|
|BTTS Win||0% / 17%||0 %||0 %|
|BTTS Loss||17% / 33%||33 %||0 %|
|Scored in Both||17% / 33%||33 %||0 %|
|Scores %||50% / 83%||67 %||33 %|
|Clean Sheet %||17% / 17%||33 %||0 %|
|Frist Goal %||17% / 67%||0 %||33 %|
|Possession %||36% / 44%||42 %||30 %|
|Corners||2.67 / 4.80||1.67||3.67|
|Cards||2.33 / 3.00||2.67||2.00|
|Offsides||3.00 / 1.40||3.00||3.00|
|Fouls||12.80 / 16.60||14.00||12.00|
|Shots||8.17 / 7.80||8.00||8.33|
|Shots on Target||2.83 / 4.40||3.33||2.33|
Over 2.5 Goals and BTTS
Number of Corners
First Half Corners
Second Half Corners
Number of Cards
First Half Cards
Second Half Cards
Celtic vs Ross County Odds
|HT 1||1.50||HT X||3.10||HT 2||11.00|
|Home Win Nil||1.87||Away Win Nil||34.00|
|Over 2.5||1.36||Under 2.5||3.05|
|BTTS Yes||2.65||BTTS NO||1.47|
|Over 9.5 Corners||1.40||Under 9.5 Corners||2.80|