Chelsea will welcome Arsenal to Stamford Bridge for a matchday 36 fixture in England Premier League. The last meeting on 26th December 2020 ended in an Arsenal 3-1 win. Both sides have met thirty-six times in the most recent seasons. Chelsea has won 16 matches, and Arsenal triumphed in 11. Recent outings average 2.72 goals, while both teams score 53% of the time.
Chelsea's latest fixture against Manchester City ended in an away 2-1 win. The Pensioners was very dangerous in attack, having attempted six shots on target. Chelsea was much better than Manchester City in the second half and scored in the 63rd and 90+2 minute.
Arsenal's recent game against West Bromwich Albion ended in a home 3-1 win. The Gunners dominated the game and deserved the win. Arsenal had good chances in both halves and scored in the 29th, 35th and 90th minute.
So far, Chelsea plays better on the road than at home. They win 1.79 points per away game on average compared to 1.74 points at home. The Blues's good defensive display is key to their success. They didn't concede in 53% of home games.
Arsenal has picked up 15 points from the previous six league games. It is quite intriguing that they prefer playing on the road. Arsenal has collected 1.74 points on average per away game, compared to 1.47 at home.
It is not a surprise that the hosts stand out as a favourite to win this one. The Pensioners is currently unbeaten at home in one game. Since the start of the season, they have just four home defeats.
The Gunners got the three points in their previous away games but are still off their best. Their away record does not convince me that they have what it takes to avoid defeat on Wednesday.
I am confident that the hosts will prove their worth and triumph with another home victory. Chelsea wins on average 1.74 points per home game, compared to 1.74 points per away game for Arsenal. My prediction is Chelsea to win.
I expect a thrilling contest with plenty of goals. Both sides score and concede on average 2.62 goals per game. Over 2.5 goals were scored in an average of 47% of Chelsea's home and Arsenal's away games. My prediction is Over 2.5 Goals.
Chelsea vs Arsenal Betting Tips
Chelsea vs Arsenal Head to Head
Average stats between Chelsea and Arsenal in most recent 36 outings in the England Premier League.
Chelsea vs Arsenal Stats
Results and League Table
Average stats between Chelsea and Arsenal across current season. Calculated from Chelsea's Home stats and Arsenal's Away stats.
England Premier League Form
- Coming into this game, Chelsea has picked up 9 points from the last 5 games, both home and away. That's 1.8 points per game on average. BTTS has landed in an intriguing 3 of those games. Chelsea has scored 7 times in the last 5 fixtures.
- In the last 5 matches for Chelsea, 3 of those games has ended with both teams scoring. This season 16 matches (42% of all matches) involving Chelsea has seen BTTS landing.
- Coming into this game, Arsenal has picked up 15 points from the last 5 games, both home and away. That's 3 points per game on average. BTTS has landed in just 2 of those games. Arsenal has scored 11 times in the last 5 fixtures.
- Incredible away form is being show by Arsenal and those travelling fans must be loving it. They have won the last 4 and is unbeaten in 7 away trips. Can Chelsea end their fairytale away days?
- Scoring is not an issue for Arsenal when they play away from home. They have scored in the last 7 games they have played on the road. Can Chelsea stop this run?
- Momentum is really building for Arsenal as they have now gone 5 games without losing. They have won 5 of the last 5 games they have played.
- Arsenal has kept 3 clean sheets in the last 5 games, conceding 2 goals during this period. Overall this season, their defence has kept a clean sheet on 12 occasions.
- Arsenal is unbeaten in the last 5 games coming into this fixture against Chelsea, having won 5 and drawn 0. They have scored 11 goals in those 5 games.
- Just 2 of the last 5 games for Arsenal has ended with both teams scoring. They have won 5 of those 5 games. Overall, BTTS has landed in 17/38 games for Arsenal this season.
- It's likely that Arsenal will score today, as they have netted in the last 5 games coming into this one and have scored 11 goals in the last five games.
|Total / L6||Home||Away|
|Win %||50% / 50%||47 %||53 %|
|Draw %||26% / 0%||32 %||21 %|
|Loss %||24% / 50%||21 %||26 %|
|AVG Goals||2.47 / 2.00||2.58||2.37|
|Scored||1.53 / 1.00||1.63||1.42|
|Conceded||0.95 / 1.00||0.95||0.95|
|BTTS %||42% / 50%||37 %||47 %|
|BTTS Win||18% / 33%||16 %||21 %|
|BTTS Loss||13% / 17%||11 %||16 %|
|Scored in Both||34% / 0%||42 %||26 %|
|Scores %||74% / 67%||68 %||79 %|
|Clean Sheet %||47% / 17%||53 %||42 %|
|Frist Goal %||53% / 33%||53 %||53 %|
|Possession %||61% / 59%||60 %||62 %|
|Corners||5.95 / 6.17||6.05||5.84|
|Cards||1.45 / 1.67||1.32||1.58|
|Offsides||2.08 / 2.67||1.84||2.32|
|Fouls||11.16 / 10.83||11.42||10.89|
|Shots||15.42 / 15.50||15.32||15.53|
|Shots on Target||6.39 / 5.17||6.58||6.21|
|Total / L6||Home||Away|
|Win %||47% / 83%||42 %||53 %|
|Draw %||18% / 17%||21 %||16 %|
|Loss %||34% / 0%||37 %||32 %|
|AVG Goals||2.47 / 2.17||2.37||2.58|
|Scored||1.45 / 1.83||1.26||1.63|
|Conceded||1.03 / 0.33||1.11||0.95|
|BTTS %||45% / 33%||47 %||42 %|
|BTTS Win||24% / 33%||32 %||16 %|
|BTTS Loss||11% / 0%||5 %||16 %|
|Scored in Both||34% / 50%||26 %||42 %|
|Scores %||68% / 83%||58 %||79 %|
|Clean Sheet %||32% / 67%||21 %||42 %|
|Frist Goal %||47% / 83%||37 %||58 %|
|Possession %||54% / 57%||54 %||53 %|
|Corners||5.45 / 5.80||6.11||4.79|
|Cards||1.50 / 1.00||1.21||1.79|
|Offsides||1.69 / 1.40||1.68||1.71|
|Fouls||8.97 / 8.40||9.84||8.11|
|Shots||13.05 / 12.80||13.79||12.32|
|Shots on Target||4.97 / 4.80||5.11||4.84|
Over 2.5 Goals and BTTS
Number of Corners
First Half Corners
Second Half Corners
Number of Cards
First Half Cards
Second Half Cards
Chelsea vs Arsenal Odds
|HT 1||2.30||HT X||2.10||HT 2||5.00|
|Home Win Nil||2.70||Away Win Nil||7.00|
|Over 2.5||2.05||Under 2.5||1.80|
|BTTS Yes||1.91||BTTS NO||1.80|
|Over 9.5 Corners||1.80||Under 9.5 Corners||1.91|