Chicago Fire will welcome Montreal Impact to Soldier Field for a matchday 0 fixture in USA MLS. The last meeting on 3rd October 2020 ended in a 2-2 draw. Both sides have met twenty-one times in the most recent seasons. Chicago Fire has won 7 matches, and Montreal Impact triumphed in 8. Recent outings average 2.81 goals, while both teams score 57% of the time.
Chicago Fire's last game in the USA MLS against Inter Miami at home ended in a 1-0 win. The Fire had more possession of the ball and took advantage of it. Chicago Fire scored in the second half in the 69th minute.
Montreal Impact's recent game against FC Cincinnati ended in a home 1-2 loss. Montreal Impact had plenty of possession, but not so much in the final third of the pitch. Montreal Impact deserved to score in the second half and did so in the 56th minute.
Since the start of the season, Men in Red is more dominant at home. They have one wins out of 4 games on home soil. Although Chicago Fire is among the most solid home teams in the league, they are far from perfect. Their defence is not as good as expected with just 25% home clean sheets.
Montreal Impact has picked up 7 points from the previous six league games. It is quite intriguing that they prefer playing on the road. Montreal Impact has collected 1.40 points on average per away game, compared to 1.33 at home.
It is not a surprise that the hosts stand out as a favourite to win this one. La Máquina Roja lost the previous game at home but still have a lot of advantage over their opponent. They have won 25% of home games which gives them plenty of confidence for the upcoming fixture.
Montreal Impact got the three points in their previous away games but are still off their best. Their away record does not convince me that they have what it takes to avoid defeat on Saturday.
I am confident that the hosts will prove their worth and triumph with another home victory. Chicago Fire wins on average 1.00 points per home game, compared to 1.40 points per away game for Montreal Impact. My prediction is Chicago Fire to win.
I expect a thrilling contest with plenty of goals. Both sides score and concede on average 2.29 goals per game. Over 2.5 goals were scored in an average of 29% of Chicago Fire's home and Montreal Impact's away games. My prediction is Over 2.5 Goals.
Both sides have plenty of quality in the attack which often results in high-scoring games. I don't think this one on Saturday will be any different. On average, both teams score in 29% of Chicago Fire's home and Montreal Impact's away games. My prediction is Both Teams to Score: Yes.
Chicago Fire vs Montreal Impact Betting Tips
Chicago Fire vs Montreal Impact Head to Head
Average stats between Chicago Fire and Montreal Impact in most recent 21 outings in the USA MLS.
Chicago Fire vs Montreal Impact Stats
Results and League Table
Average stats between Chicago Fire and Montreal Impact across current season. Calculated from Chicago Fire's Home stats and Montreal Impact's Away stats.
USA MLS Form
- Coming into this game, Chicago Fire has picked up 3 points from the last 5 games, both home and away. That's 0.6 points per game on average. BTTS has landed in just 0 of those games. Chicago Fire has scored 1 times in the last 5 fixtures.
- Things have not been going that well in front of goal for Chicago Fire recently, with the side failing to score in 4 of the last 5 games. Will the manager change his tactics today, or throw in another forward?
- Chicago Fire has fired blanks in 5 games this season. That's 63% of games where they have not been able to find the back of the net. Do they need a new forward? In the last 5 games, they have scored just 1 goals.
- Just 0 of the last 5 games for Chicago Fire has ended with both teams scoring. They have won 1 of those 5 games. Overall, BTTS has landed in 2/8 games for Chicago Fire this season.
- Chicago Fire will need to improve their attack if they're to get anything out of this game. They have not scored in the last 2 matches. During the last five games they have scored 1 times and overall this season they have scored 0.5 goals per game.
- Coming into this game, Montreal Impact has picked up 6 points from the last 5 games, both home and away. That's 1.2 points per game on average. BTTS has landed in just 1 of those games. Montreal Impact has scored 4 times in the last 5 fixtures.
- Things have not been going that well in front of goal for Montreal Impact recently, with the side failing to score in 2 of the last 5 games. Will the manager change his tactics today, or throw in another forward?
- Montreal Impact has fired blanks in 3 games this season. That's 38% of games where they have not been able to find the back of the net. Do they need a new forward? In the last 5 games, they have scored just 4 goals.
- Just 1 of the last 5 games for Montreal Impact has ended with both teams scoring. They have won 2 of those 5 games. Overall, BTTS has landed in 3/8 games for Montreal Impact this season.
|Total / L6||Home||Away|
|Win %||13% / 0%||25 %||0 %|
|Draw %||13% / 67%||25 %||0 %|
|Loss %||75% / 33%||50 %||100 %|
|AVG Goals||2.13 / 4.00||2.00||2.25|
|Scored||0.50 / 1.83||0.75||0.25|
|Conceded||1.63 / 2.17||1.25||2.00|
|BTTS %||25% / 100%||25 %||25 %|
|BTTS Win||0% / 0%||0 %||0 %|
|BTTS Loss||13% / 33%||0 %||25 %|
|Scored in Both||0% / 33%||0 %||0 %|
|Scores %||37% / 100%||50 %||25 %|
|Clean Sheet %||13% / 0%||25 %||0 %|
|Frist Goal %||25% / 17%||50 %||0 %|
|Possession %||54% / 54%||55 %||53 %|
|Corners||5.50 / 3.83||7.75||3.25|
|Cards||1.88 / 1.33||1.75||2.00|
|Offsides||2.25 / 2.50||3.75||0.75|
|Fouls||14.25 / 13.83||12.75||15.75|
|Shots||15.13 / 13.50||17.50||12.75|
|Shots on Target||4.63 / 6.00||6.00||3.25|
|Total / L6||Home||Away|
|Win %||38% / 33%||33 %||40 %|
|Draw %||25% / 0%||33 %||20 %|
|Loss %||38% / 67%||33 %||40 %|
|AVG Goals||2.38 / 2.50||3.00||2.00|
|Scored||1.25 / 1.00||1.67||1.00|
|Conceded||1.13 / 1.50||1.33||1.00|
|BTTS %||38% / 50%||67 %||20 %|
|BTTS Win||13% / 17%||33 %||0 %|
|BTTS Loss||13% / 33%||33 %||0 %|
|Scored in Both||13% / 17%||33 %||0 %|
|Scores %||62% / 67%||67 %||60 %|
|Clean Sheet %||38% / 17%||33 %||40 %|
|Frist Goal %||63% / 17%||67 %||60 %|
|Possession %||50% / 48%||53 %||48 %|
|Corners||3.50 / 5.33||4.67||2.80|
|Cards||2.00 / 2.00||1.67||2.20|
|Offsides||1.00 / 1.00||2.00||0.40|
|Fouls||13.75 / 10.17||14.00||13.60|
|Shots||13.38 / 12.50||15.00||12.40|
|Shots on Target||4.63 / 5.67||5.67||4.00|
Over 2.5 Goals and BTTS
Number of Corners
First Half Corners
Second Half Corners
Number of Cards
First Half Cards
Second Half Cards
Chicago Fire vs Montreal Impact Odds
|HT 1||2.28||HT X||2.28||HT 2||4.28|
|Home Win Nil||3.35||Away Win Nil||6.75|
|Over 2.5||1.59||Under 2.5||2.30|
|BTTS Yes||1.54||BTTS NO||2.40|
|Over 9.5 Corners||1.74||Under 9.5 Corners||2.02|