Atlante will welcome Tlaxcala to Estadio Ciudad de los Deportes for a matchday 2 fixture in Mexico Ascenso MX. The last meeting on 25th August 2021 ended in a 0-0 draw. Both sides have met three times in the most recent seasons. Atlante has won 2 matches, and Tlaxcala failed to win on every occasion. Recent outings average 2.00 goals, while both teams score 33% of the time.
Atlante's latest fixture against Venados ended in an away 1-0 loss. I expected more from Los Azulgranas. The lack of focus in the final third cost them three points.
Tlaxcala's recent game against Morelia ended in a home 0-4 loss. Les Coyotes's strikers were frustrated by the lack of good chances.
Since the start of the season, El Equipo del Pueblo is more dominant at home. They have seven wins out of 12 games on home soil. Los Potros de Hierro's good defensive display is key to their success. They didn't concede in 50% of home games.
Tlaxcala has picked up 8 points from the previous six league games. They still have a lot to prove when playing away from home. Tlaxcala wins 0.90 points per away game, a bit less than their home record shows. To improve results, they have to be more compact in defence. Tlaxcala kept a clean sheet in just 10% of their visits.
It is not a surprise that the hosts stand out as a favourite to win this one. Los Azulgranas is currently unbeaten at home in four games. Since the start of the season, they have lost at home on just one occasion.
Les Coyotes failed to win in two consecutive away games. It will be a big surprise to turn up on Thursday and win against Los Azulgranas.
I am confident that the hosts will prove their worth and triumph with another home victory. Atlante wins on average 2.08 points per home game, compared to 0.90 points per away game for Tlaxcala. My prediction is Atlante to win.
Atlante vs Tlaxcala Betting Tips
Atlante vs Tlaxcala Head to Head
Average stats between Atlante and Tlaxcala in most recent 3 outings in the Mexico Ascenso MX.
Atlante vs Tlaxcala Stats
Results and League Table
Average stats between Atlante and Tlaxcala across current season. Calculated from Atlante's Home stats and Tlaxcala's Away stats.
Mexico Ascenso MX Form
- Coming into this game, Atlante has picked up 8 points from the last 5 games, both home and away. That's 1.6 points per game on average. BTTS has landed in just 1 of those games. Atlante has scored 6 times in the last 5 fixtures.
- Atlante has enjoyed playing at home recently, with the side currently unbeaten in 3 games.
- Atlante has kept 3 clean sheets in the last 5 games, conceding 3 goals during this period. Overall this season, their defence has kept a clean sheet on 13 occasions.
- Atlante will be looking to keep up the momentum today against Tlaxcala, having lost just 1 game from the last 5. They have won 2 and drawn 2
- Things have not been going that well in front of goal for Atlante recently, with the side failing to score in 2 of the last 5 games. Will the manager change his tactics today, or throw in another forward?
- Just 1 of the last 5 games for Atlante has ended with both teams scoring. They have won 2 of those 5 games. Overall, BTTS has landed in 6/23 games for Atlante this season.
- Coming into this game, Tlaxcala has picked up 6 points from the last 5 games, both home and away. That's 1.2 points per game on average. BTTS has landed in just 2 of those games. Tlaxcala has scored 6 times in the last 5 fixtures.
- It's possible we will see a couple of goals here, with the last 4 games for Tlaxcala ending with 2 goals or more being scored.
- Things have not been going that well in front of goal for Tlaxcala recently, with the side failing to score in 3 of the last 5 games. Will the manager change his tactics today, or throw in another forward?
- Tlaxcala has fired blanks in 8 games this season. That's 47% of games where they have not been able to find the back of the net. Do they need a new forward? In the last 5 games, they have scored just 6 goals.
- Just 2 of the last 5 games for Tlaxcala has ended with both teams scoring. They have won 2 of those 5 games. Overall, BTTS has landed in 7/17 games for Tlaxcala this season.
- Tlaxcala will need to improve their attack if they're to get anything out of this game. They have not scored in the last 2 matches. During the last five games they have scored 6 times and overall this season they have scored 0.88 goals per game.
|Total / L6||Home||Away|
|Win %||48% / 33%||58 %||38 %|
|Draw %||36% / 50%||33 %||38 %|
|Loss %||16% / 17%||8 %||23 %|
|AVG Goals||1.84 / 2.17||2.08||1.62|
|Scored||1.28 / 1.17||1.50||1.08|
|Conceded||0.56 / 1.00||0.58||0.54|
|BTTS %||32% / 67%||42 %||23 %|
|BTTS Win||12% / 17%||17 %||8 %|
|BTTS Loss||0% / 17%||0 %||0 %|
|Scored in Both||24% / 0%||25 %||23 %|
|Scores %||68% / 83%||83 %||54 %|
|Clean Sheet %||52% / 33%||50 %||54 %|
|Frist Goal %||64% / 67%||75 %||54 %|
|Possession %||52% / 54%||53 %||51 %|
|Corners||5.17 / 4.00||6.00||4.33|
|Cards||3.08 / 1.80||2.92||3.23|
|Offsides||1.56 / 0.00||1.67||1.43|
|Fouls||12.84 / 13.50||13.80||11.78|
|Shots||10.08 / 8.50||12.00||8.17|
|Shots on Target||5.00 / 4.50||5.58||4.42|
|Total / L6||Home||Away|
|Win %||25% / 33%||30 %||20 %|
|Draw %||40% / 17%||50 %||30 %|
|Loss %||35% / 50%||20 %||50 %|
|AVG Goals||2.20 / 2.67||1.90||2.50|
|Scored||0.90 / 1.00||0.90||0.90|
|Conceded||1.30 / 1.67||1.00||1.60|
|BTTS %||45% / 67%||40 %||50 %|
|BTTS Win||10% / 33%||10 %||10 %|
|BTTS Loss||5% / 17%||0 %||10 %|
|Scored in Both||10% / 0%||0 %||20 %|
|Scores %||60% / 67%||60 %||60 %|
|Clean Sheet %||25% / 0%||40 %||10 %|
|Frist Goal %||40% / 33%||40 %||40 %|
|Possession %||48% / 57%||62 %||41 %|
|Corners||3.00 / 6.50||1.00||4.00|
|Cards||2.60 / 2.20||2.30||2.90|
|Offsides||1.33 / 1.00||0.00||2.00|
|Fouls||8.67 / 13.00||2.00||12.00|
|Shots||3.33 / 11.00||2.00||4.00|
|Shots on Target||2.33 / 6.50||2.00||2.50|
Over 2.5 Goals and BTTS
Number of Corners
First Half Corners
Second Half Corners
Number of Cards
First Half Cards
Second Half Cards
Atlante vs Tlaxcala Odds
|HT 1||0.00||HT X||0.00||HT 2||0.00|
|Home Win Nil||0.00||Away Win Nil||0.00|
|Over 2.5||0.00||Under 2.5||0.00|
|BTTS Yes||0.00||BTTS NO||0.00|
|Over 9.5 Corners||0.00||Under 9.5 Corners||0.00|