Progreso will welcome Nacional to for a matchday 2 fixture in Uruguay Primera División. The last meeting on 18th February 2021 ended in a Nacional 1-0 win. Both sides have met seven times in the most recent seasons. Progreso has won 1 match, and Nacional triumphed in 6. Recent outings average 2.71 goals, while both teams score 43% of the time.
So far, Los de La Teja plays better on the road than at home. They win 0.67 points per away game on average compared to 0.33 points at home. Although Progreso is among the most solid home teams in the league, they are far from perfect. Their defence is not as good as expected with just 33% home clean sheets.
Nacional has picked up 13 points from the previous six league games. It is quite intriguing that they prefer playing on the road. Albos has collected 2.33 points on average per away game, compared to 2.00 at home. To improve results, they have to be more compact in defence. Nacional kept a clean sheet in just 0% of their visits.
The hosts will have to work hard to get a good result. Gauchos has to improve results quickly. They are without a win in three home games. Gauchos has won just 0% of home games. On average they score 0.67 goals and concede 2.00 per game. Nacional is one of the best teams in the league. On paper, they have a great squad and I expect them to make life difficult for their opponent.
The visitors have a better record and I have to back them. Progreso wins on average 0.33 points per home game. I am not sure they have what it takes to compete against Nacional. My prediction is Nacional to win.
Progreso vs Nacional Betting Tips
Progreso vs Nacional Head to Head
Average stats between Progreso and Nacional in most recent 7 outings in the Uruguay Primera División.
Progreso vs Nacional Stats
Results and League Table
Average stats between Progreso and Nacional across current season. Calculated from Progreso's Home stats and Nacional's Away stats.
Uruguay Primera División Form
- Coming into this game, Progreso has picked up 2 points from the last 5 games, both home and away. That's 0.4 points per game on average. BTTS has landed in just 2 of those games. Progreso has scored 2 times in the last 5 fixtures.
- Can Progreso turn this around? They have not won in the last 5 games coming into this, with 2 draws and 3 defeats.
- Things have not been going that well in front of goal for Progreso recently, with the side failing to score in 3 of the last 5 games. Will the manager change his tactics today, or throw in another forward?
- Progreso has fired blanks in 4 games this season. That's 67% of games where they have not been able to find the back of the net. Do they need a new forward? In the last 5 games, they have scored just 2 goals.
- Just 2 of the last 5 games for Progreso has ended with both teams scoring. They have won 0 of those 5 games. Overall, BTTS has landed in 2/6 games for Progreso this season.
- Progreso will need to improve their attack if they're to get anything out of this game. They have not scored in the last 2 matches. During the last five games they have scored 2 times and overall this season they have scored 0.33 goals per game.
- Coming into this game, Nacional has picked up 10 points from the last 5 games, both home and away. That's 2 points per game on average. BTTS has landed in an intriguing 4 of those games. Nacional has scored 8 times in the last 5 fixtures.
- Nacional has enjoyed playing away from home recently, with the side currently unbeaten in 3 games.
- Nacional has put together a good run of form and has now gone 3 games without defeat.
- It's possible we will see a couple of goals here, with the last 4 games for Nacional ending with 2 goals or more being scored.
- Nacional will be looking to keep up the momentum today against Progreso, having lost just 1 game from the last 5. They have won 3 and drawn 1
- In the last 5 matches for Nacional, 4 of those games has ended with both teams scoring. This season 5 matches (83% of all matches) involving Nacional has seen BTTS landing.
- It's likely that Nacional will score today, as they have netted in the last 6 games coming into this one and have scored 8 goals in the last five games.
|Total / L6||Home||Away|
|Win %||0% / 17%||0 %||0 %|
|Draw %||50% / 50%||33 %||67 %|
|Loss %||50% / 33%||67 %||33 %|
|AVG Goals||2.00 / 1.83||2.67||1.33|
|Scored||0.33 / 0.67||0.67||0.00|
|Conceded||1.67 / 1.17||2.00||1.33|
|BTTS %||33% / 33%||67 %||0 %|
|BTTS Win||0% / 0%||0 %||0 %|
|BTTS Loss||33% / 17%||67 %||0 %|
|Scored in Both||0% / 17%||0 %||0 %|
|Scores %||33% / 50%||67 %||0 %|
|Clean Sheet %||50% / 50%||33 %||67 %|
|Frist Goal %||0% / 17%||0 %||0 %|
|Possession %||52% / 49%||51 %||52 %|
|Corners||5.67 / 6.50||6.33||5.00|
|Cards||2.50 / 1.83||4.00||1.00|
|Offsides||1.50 / 1.00||1.00||2.00|
|Fouls||13.50 / 13.33||16.00||11.00|
|Shots||11.50 / 8.33||13.00||10.00|
|Shots on Target||5.33 / 4.17||7.00||3.67|
|Total / L6||Home||Away|
|Win %||67% / 0%||67 %||67 %|
|Draw %||17% / 50%||0 %||33 %|
|Loss %||17% / 50%||33 %||0 %|
|AVG Goals||2.83 / 2.83||2.67||3.00|
|Scored||1.83 / 0.83||1.67||2.00|
|Conceded||1.00 / 2.00||1.00||1.00|
|BTTS %||83% / 50%||67 %||100 %|
|BTTS Win||50% / 0%||33 %||67 %|
|BTTS Loss||17% / 33%||33 %||0 %|
|Scored in Both||17% / 33%||0 %||33 %|
|Scores %||100% / 50%||100 %||100 %|
|Clean Sheet %||17% / 33%||33 %||0 %|
|Frist Goal %||50% / 17%||33 %||67 %|
|Possession %||53% / 45%||56 %||51 %|
|Corners||3.83 / 4.83||5.33||2.33|
|Cards||0.00 / 4.33||0.00||0.00|
|Offsides||0.00 / 0.83||0.00||0.00|
|Fouls||0.00 / 12.17||0.00||0.00|
|Shots||12.67 / 9.67||15.00||10.33|
|Shots on Target||6.50 / 4.67||7.67||5.33|
Over 2.5 Goals and BTTS
Number of Corners
First Half Corners
Second Half Corners
Number of Cards
First Half Cards
Second Half Cards
Progreso vs Nacional Odds
|HT 1||3.60||HT X||2.10||HT 2||3.00|
|Home Win Nil||4.75||Away Win Nil||3.55|
|Over 2.5||1.95||Under 2.5||1.76|
|BTTS Yes||1.80||BTTS NO||1.91|
|Over 9.5 Corners||1.85||Under 9.5 Corners||1.95|