- Asia AFC Champions League
- 23:00 Cerezo Osaka vs Melbourne City FC Brazil Serie A
- 20:00 Internacional vs Ceará
- 20:00 Bahia vs Corinthians
- 22:15 Santos vs São Paulo
- 22:15 Fortaleza vs Fluminense
- 22:15 Atlético PR vs Atlético GO Brazil Serie B
- 20:00 Náutico vs Botafogo Iceland Úrvalsdeild
- 20:15 Breidablik vs FH
- 20:15 Breidablik vs FH Morocco Botola Pro
- 19:15 Youssoufia Berrechid vs FUS Rabat Spain Segunda División
- 20:00 Girona FC vs Rayo Vallecano Venezuela Primera División
- 20:00 Deportivo Táchira vs Portuguesa
River Plate will welcome Progreso to for a matchday 5 fixture in Uruguay Primera División. The last meeting on 29th March 2021 ended in a River Plate 3-2 win. Both sides have met eight times in the most recent seasons. River Plate has won 3 matches, and Progreso triumphed in 2. Recent outings average 3.13 goals, while both teams score 63% of the time.
River Plate's latest fixture against Cerro Largo ended in an away 4-2 win. River Plate was very effective while counter-attacking. In the end, it was enough to make the difference between the two teams. River Plate scored in both halves in the 18th, 32nd, 89th and 90+6 minute.
Progreso's recent game against Liverpool ended in a home 1-3 loss. Gauchos del Pantanoso had plenty of possession, but not so much in the final third of the pitch. Progreso deserved to score in the second half and did so in the 83rd minute.
Since the start of the season, River Plate is more dominant at home. They have two wins out of 2 games on home soil. Darseneros's good defensive display is key to their success. They didn't concede in 50% of home games.
Progreso has picked up 3 points from the previous six league games. It is quite intriguing that they prefer playing on the road. Los de La Teja has collected 0.67 points on average per away game, compared to 0.33 at home. It is clear that their strikers will have to step up in the following games. Progreso failed to score in 100% of away games this campaign.
It is hard to choose a favourite in this one. Both teams look evenly-matched and have their strengths. I am not willing to take a risk and prefer a double chance bet. My prediction is River Plate or Progreso to win.
Both sides have plenty of quality in the attack which often results in high-scoring games. I don't think this one on Saturday will be any different. On average, both teams score in 63% of River Plate's home and Progreso's away games. My prediction is Both Teams to Score: Yes.
River Plate vs Progreso Betting Tips
River Plate vs Progreso Head to Head
Average stats between River Plate and Progreso in most recent 8 outings in the Uruguay Primera División.
River Plate vs Progreso Stats
Results and League Table
Average stats between River Plate and Progreso across current season. Calculated from River Plate's Home stats and Progreso's Away stats.
Uruguay Primera División Form
- Coming into this game, River Plate has picked up 13 points from the last 5 games, both home and away. That's 2.6 points per game on average. BTTS has landed in an intriguing 3 of those games. River Plate has scored 13 times in the last 5 fixtures.
- River Plate will be confident of scoring today and will look to keep up their record of scoring in every single home game this season.
- Momentum is really building for River Plate as they have now gone 5 games without losing. They have won 4 of the last 5 games they have played.
- We might see some goals in this one, with the last 3 games involving River Plate has ended with 3 or more goals being scored. Will Progreso get in on the action today? There has been a total of 18 goals in the last 5 games for River Plate, both home and away.
- River Plate is unbeaten in the last 5 games coming into this fixture against Progreso, having won 4 and drawn 1. They have scored 13 goals in those 5 games.
- In the last 5 matches for River Plate, 3 of those games has ended with both teams scoring. This season 4 matches (67% of all matches) involving River Plate has seen BTTS landing.
- Coming into this game, Progreso has picked up 2 points from the last 5 games, both home and away. That's 0.4 points per game on average. BTTS has landed in just 2 of those games. Progreso has scored 2 times in the last 5 fixtures.
- Scoring might just be enough to win the game for River Plate today, with Progreso failing to score in 3 games on the road. In the last 5 games they have failed to score in 3
- Can Progreso turn this around? They have not won in the last 5 games coming into this, with 2 draws and 3 defeats.
- Things have not been going that well in front of goal for Progreso recently, with the side failing to score in 3 of the last 5 games. Will the manager change his tactics today, or throw in another forward?
- Progreso has fired blanks in 4 games this season. That's 67% of games where they have not been able to find the back of the net. Do they need a new forward? In the last 5 games, they have scored just 2 goals.
- Just 2 of the last 5 games for Progreso has ended with both teams scoring. They have won 0 of those 5 games. Overall, BTTS has landed in 2/6 games for Progreso this season.
- Progreso will need to improve their attack if they're to get anything out of this game. They have not scored in the last 2 matches. During the last five games they have scored 2 times and overall this season they have scored 0.33 goals per game.
|Total / L6||Home||Away|
|Win %||67% / 33%||100 %||50 %|
|Draw %||17% / 33%||0 %||25 %|
|Loss %||17% / 33%||0 %||25 %|
|AVG Goals||3.67 / 2.67||4.50||3.25|
|Scored||2.33 / 1.33||3.50||1.75|
|Conceded||1.33 / 1.33||1.00||1.50|
|BTTS %||67% / 83%||50 %||75 %|
|BTTS Win||50% / 17%||50 %||50 %|
|BTTS Loss||17% / 33%||0 %||25 %|
|Scored in Both||33% / 17%||50 %||25 %|
|Scores %||83% / 100%||100 %||75 %|
|Clean Sheet %||33% / 17%||50 %||25 %|
|Frist Goal %||33% / 50%||50 %||25 %|
|Possession %||45% / 49%||41 %||48 %|
|Corners||3.83 / 4.33||2.00||4.75|
|Cards||3.00 / 3.50||3.00||0.00|
|Offsides||0.00 / 2.00||0.00||0.00|
|Fouls||12.00 / 16.33||12.00||0.00|
|Shots||10.83 / 9.33||8.00||12.25|
|Shots on Target||5.67 / 4.67||5.50||5.75|
|Total / L6||Home||Away|
|Win %||0% / 17%||0 %||0 %|
|Draw %||50% / 50%||33 %||67 %|
|Loss %||50% / 33%||67 %||33 %|
|AVG Goals||2.00 / 1.83||2.67||1.33|
|Scored||0.33 / 0.67||0.67||0.00|
|Conceded||1.67 / 1.17||2.00||1.33|
|BTTS %||33% / 33%||67 %||0 %|
|BTTS Win||0% / 0%||0 %||0 %|
|BTTS Loss||33% / 17%||67 %||0 %|
|Scored in Both||0% / 17%||0 %||0 %|
|Scores %||33% / 50%||67 %||0 %|
|Clean Sheet %||50% / 50%||33 %||67 %|
|Frist Goal %||0% / 17%||0 %||0 %|
|Possession %||52% / 49%||51 %||52 %|
|Corners||5.67 / 6.50||6.33||5.00|
|Cards||2.50 / 1.83||4.00||1.00|
|Offsides||1.50 / 1.00||1.00||2.00|
|Fouls||13.50 / 13.33||16.00||11.00|
|Shots||11.50 / 8.33||13.00||10.00|
|Shots on Target||5.33 / 4.17||7.00||3.67|
Over 2.5 Goals and BTTS
Number of Corners
First Half Corners
Second Half Corners
Number of Cards
First Half Cards
Second Half Cards
River Plate vs Progreso Odds
|HT 1||2.60||HT X||2.20||HT 2||4.33|
|Home Win Nil||3.45||Away Win Nil||5.75|
|Over 2.5||1.88||Under 2.5||1.88|
|BTTS Yes||1.67||BTTS NO||2.10|
|Over 9.5 Corners||2.25||Under 9.5 Corners||2.01|