River Plate will welcome Liverpool to for a matchday 2 fixture in Uruguay Primera División. The last meeting on 14th March 2021 ended in a Liverpool 3-2 win. Both sides have met fourteen times in the most recent seasons. River Plate has won 5 matches, and Liverpool triumphed in 4. Recent outings average 2.93 goals, while both teams score 50% of the time.
Since the start of the season, River Plate is more dominant at home. They have two wins out of 3 games on home soil. Although River Plate is among the most solid home teams in the league, they are far from perfect. Their defence is not as good as expected with just 33% home clean sheets.
Liverpool has picked up 12 points from the previous six league games. They still have a lot to prove when playing away from home. Liverpool wins 1.50 points per away game, a bit less than their home record shows. To improve results, they have to be more compact in defence. Liverpool kept a clean sheet in just 0% of their visits.
The hosts will have to work hard to get a good result. River Plate has won just 67% of home games. On average they score 2.33 goals and concede 1.00 per game. Liverpool is one of the best teams in the league. On paper, they have a great squad and I expect them to make life difficult for their opponent.
The visitors have a better record and I have to back them. River Plate wins on average 2.00 points per home game. I am not sure they have what it takes to compete against Liverpool. My prediction is Liverpool to win.
Both sides have plenty of quality in the attack which often results in high-scoring games. I don't think this one on Monday will be any different. On average, both teams score in 100% of River Plate's home and Liverpool's away games. My prediction is Both Teams to Score: Yes.
River Plate vs Liverpool Betting Tips
River Plate vs Liverpool Head to Head
Average stats between River Plate and Liverpool in most recent 14 outings in the Uruguay Primera División.
River Plate vs Liverpool Stats
Results and League Table
Average stats between River Plate and Liverpool across current season. Calculated from River Plate's Home stats and Liverpool's Away stats.
Uruguay Primera División Form
- Coming into this game, River Plate has picked up 10 points from the last 5 games, both home and away. That's 2 points per game on average. BTTS has landed in just 2 of those games. River Plate has scored 10 times in the last 5 fixtures.
- River Plate will be looking to keep up the momentum today against Liverpool, having lost just 1 game from the last 5. They have won 3 and drawn 1
- Things have not been going that well in front of goal for River Plate recently, with the side failing to score in 2 of the last 5 games. Will the manager change his tactics today, or throw in another forward?
- Just 2 of the last 5 games for River Plate has ended with both teams scoring. They have won 3 of those 5 games. Overall, BTTS has landed in 4/7 games for River Plate this season.
- Coming into this game, Liverpool has picked up 12 points from the last 5 games, both home and away. That's 2.4 points per game on average. BTTS has landed in an intriguing 3 of those games. Liverpool has scored 17 times in the last 5 fixtures.
- We might see some goals in this one, with the last 7 games involving Liverpool has ended with 3 or more goals being scored. Will River Plate get in on the action today? There has been a total of 22 goals in the last 5 games for Liverpool, both home and away.
- Liverpool will be looking to keep up the momentum today against River Plate, having lost just 1 game from the last 5. They have won 4 and drawn 0
- In the last 5 matches for Liverpool, 3 of those games has ended with both teams scoring. This season 5 matches (71% of all matches) involving Liverpool has seen BTTS landing.
- It's likely that Liverpool will score today, as they have netted in the last 7 games coming into this one and have scored 17 goals in the last five games.
|Total / L6||Home||Away|
|Win %||57% / 33%||67 %||50 %|
|Draw %||14% / 33%||0 %||25 %|
|Loss %||29% / 33%||33 %||25 %|
|AVG Goals||3.29 / 2.67||3.33||3.25|
|Scored||2.00 / 1.33||2.33||1.75|
|Conceded||1.29 / 1.33||1.00||1.50|
|BTTS %||57% / 83%||33 %||75 %|
|BTTS Win||43% / 17%||33 %||50 %|
|BTTS Loss||14% / 33%||0 %||25 %|
|Scored in Both||28% / 17%||33 %||25 %|
|Scores %||71% / 100%||67 %||75 %|
|Clean Sheet %||29% / 17%||33 %||25 %|
|Frist Goal %||29% / 50%||33 %||25 %|
|Possession %||46% / 49%||45 %||48 %|
|Corners||5.14 / 4.33||5.67||4.75|
|Cards||3.00 / 3.50||3.00||0.00|
|Offsides||0.00 / 2.00||0.00||0.00|
|Fouls||12.00 / 16.33||12.00||0.00|
|Shots||10.86 / 9.33||9.00||12.25|
|Shots on Target||5.43 / 4.67||5.00||5.75|
|Total / L6||Home||Away|
|Win %||71% / 33%||100 %||50 %|
|Draw %||0% / 50%||0 %||0 %|
|Loss %||29% / 17%||0 %||50 %|
|AVG Goals||4.71 / 3.33||5.00||4.50|
|Scored||3.29 / 1.83||4.33||2.50|
|Conceded||1.43 / 1.50||0.67||2.00|
|BTTS %||71% / 83%||33 %||100 %|
|BTTS Win||43% / 33%||33 %||50 %|
|BTTS Loss||28% / 17%||0 %||50 %|
|Scored in Both||56% / 33%||100 %||25 %|
|Scores %||100% / 83%||100 %||100 %|
|Clean Sheet %||29% / 17%||67 %||0 %|
|Frist Goal %||86% / 50%||100 %||75 %|
|Possession %||52% / 56%||53 %||52 %|
|Corners||3.57 / 6.00||3.33||3.75|
|Cards||1.67 / 2.83||2.00||1.00|
|Offsides||0.00 / 2.50||0.00||0.00|
|Fouls||13.67 / 11.00||13.00||15.00|
|Shots||13.14 / 7.33||14.33||12.25|
|Shots on Target||6.43 / 3.83||7.33||5.75|
Over 2.5 Goals and BTTS
Number of Corners
First Half Corners
Second Half Corners
Number of Cards
First Half Cards
Second Half Cards
River Plate vs Liverpool Odds
|HT 1||3.50||HT X||2.25||HT 2||2.88|
|Home Win Nil||5.50||Away Win Nil||4.00|
|Over 2.5||1.78||Under 2.5||1.98|
|BTTS Yes||1.62||BTTS NO||2.20|
|Over 9.5 Corners||2.40||Under 9.5 Corners||1.90|