Deportivo Maldonado will welcome River Plate to for a matchday 3 fixture in Uruguay Primera División. The last meeting on 14th February 2021 ended in a River Plate 2-1 win. Both sides have met three times in the most recent seasons. Deportivo Maldonado has won 2 matches, and River Plate triumphed in 1. Recent outings average 2.33 goals, while both teams score 67% of the time.
Deportivo Maldonado's latest fixture against Wanderers ended in an away 0-0 draw. They were not spectacular, so this result seems fair.
River Plate's recent game against Liverpool ended in a home 3-2 win. Although Darseneros didn't match their opponent's intensity and quality while on possession, it was still enough. River Plate pushed forward in the second half and scored in the 61st, 64th and 90+2 minute.
Although Deportivo Maldonado is among the most solid home teams in the league, they are far from perfect. Their defence is not as good as expected with just 33% home clean sheets.
River Plate has picked up 13 points from the previous six league games. They still have a lot to prove when playing away from home. River Plate wins 1.75 points per away game, a bit less than their home record shows. To improve results, they have to be more compact in defence. River Plate kept a clean sheet in just 25% of their visits.
It is hard to choose a favourite in this one. Both teams look evenly-matched and have their strengths. I am not willing to take a risk and prefer a double chance bet. My prediction is Deportivo Maldonado or River Plate to win.
Both sides have plenty of quality in the attack which often results in high-scoring games. I don't think this one on Sunday will be any different. On average, both teams score in 75% of Deportivo Maldonado's home and River Plate's away games. My prediction is Both Teams to Score: Yes.
Deportivo Maldonado vs River Plate Betting Tips
Deportivo Maldonado vs River Plate Head to Head
Average stats between Deportivo Maldonado and River Plate in most recent 3 outings in the Uruguay Primera División.
Deportivo Maldonado vs River Plate Stats
Results and League Table
Average stats between Deportivo Maldonado and River Plate across current season. Calculated from Deportivo Maldonado's Home stats and River Plate's Away stats.
Uruguay Primera División Form
- Coming into this game, Deportivo Maldonado has picked up 8 points from the last 5 games, both home and away. That's 1.6 points per game on average. BTTS has landed in just 1 of those games. Deportivo Maldonado has scored 4 times in the last 5 fixtures.
- Deportivo Maldonado has enjoyed playing at home recently, with the side currently unbeaten in 2 games.
- Deportivo Maldonado has kept 3 clean sheets in the last 5 games, conceding 5 goals during this period. Overall this season, their defence has kept a clean sheet on 3 occasions.
- Deportivo Maldonado will be looking to keep up the momentum today against River Plate, having lost just 1 game from the last 5. They have won 2 and drawn 2
- Things have not been going that well in front of goal for Deportivo Maldonado recently, with the side failing to score in 3 of the last 5 games. Will the manager change his tactics today, or throw in another forward?
- Deportivo Maldonado has fired blanks in 3 games this season. That's 50% of games where they have not been able to find the back of the net. Do they need a new forward? In the last 5 games, they have scored just 4 goals.
- Just 1 of the last 5 games for Deportivo Maldonado has ended with both teams scoring. They have won 2 of those 5 games. Overall, BTTS has landed in 2/6 games for Deportivo Maldonado this season.
- Coming into this game, River Plate has picked up 10 points from the last 5 games, both home and away. That's 2 points per game on average. BTTS has landed in just 2 of those games. River Plate has scored 10 times in the last 5 fixtures.
- River Plate has enjoyed playing away from home recently, with the side currently unbeaten in 3 games.
- River Plate will be looking to keep up the momentum today against Deportivo Maldonado, having lost just 1 game from the last 5. They have won 3 and drawn 1
- Things have not been going that well in front of goal for River Plate recently, with the side failing to score in 2 of the last 5 games. Will the manager change his tactics today, or throw in another forward?
- Just 2 of the last 5 games for River Plate has ended with both teams scoring. They have won 3 of those 5 games. Overall, BTTS has landed in 4/7 games for River Plate this season.
|Total / L6||Home||Away|
|Win %||33% / 33%||33 %||33 %|
|Draw %||33% / 33%||33 %||33 %|
|Loss %||33% / 33%||33 %||33 %|
|AVG Goals||2.50 / 3.67||3.00||2.00|
|Scored||1.00 / 1.50||1.33||0.67|
|Conceded||1.50 / 2.17||1.67||1.33|
|BTTS %||33% / 83%||67 %||0 %|
|BTTS Win||17% / 33%||33 %||0 %|
|BTTS Loss||17% / 17%||33 %||0 %|
|Scored in Both||17% / 33%||33 %||0 %|
|Scores %||50% / 83%||67 %||33 %|
|Clean Sheet %||50% / 0%||33 %||67 %|
|Frist Goal %||33% / 50%||33 %||33 %|
|Possession %||48% / 49%||51 %||45 %|
|Corners||4.50 / 6.33||5.00||4.00|
|Cards||5.00 / 0.83||5.00||0.00|
|Offsides||0.00 / 1.33||0.00||0.00|
|Fouls||0.00 / 10.50||0.00||0.00|
|Shots||8.33 / 9.00||9.67||7.00|
|Shots on Target||3.83 / 4.83||4.67||3.00|
|Total / L6||Home||Away|
|Win %||57% / 33%||67 %||50 %|
|Draw %||14% / 33%||0 %||25 %|
|Loss %||29% / 33%||33 %||25 %|
|AVG Goals||3.29 / 2.67||3.33||3.25|
|Scored||2.00 / 1.33||2.33||1.75|
|Conceded||1.29 / 1.33||1.00||1.50|
|BTTS %||57% / 83%||33 %||75 %|
|BTTS Win||43% / 17%||33 %||50 %|
|BTTS Loss||14% / 33%||0 %||25 %|
|Scored in Both||28% / 17%||33 %||25 %|
|Scores %||71% / 100%||67 %||75 %|
|Clean Sheet %||29% / 17%||33 %||25 %|
|Frist Goal %||29% / 50%||33 %||25 %|
|Possession %||46% / 49%||45 %||48 %|
|Corners||5.14 / 4.33||5.67||4.75|
|Cards||3.00 / 3.50||3.00||0.00|
|Offsides||0.00 / 2.00||0.00||0.00|
|Fouls||12.00 / 16.33||12.00||0.00|
|Shots||10.86 / 9.33||9.00||12.25|
|Shots on Target||5.43 / 4.67||5.00||5.75|
Over 2.5 Goals and BTTS
Number of Corners
First Half Corners
Second Half Corners
Number of Cards
First Half Cards
Second Half Cards
Deportivo Maldonado vs River Plate Odds
|HT 1||3.50||HT X||2.10||HT 2||3.10|
|Home Win Nil||4.65||Away Win Nil||4.25|
|Over 2.5||1.91||Under 2.5||1.80|
|BTTS Yes||1.67||BTTS NO||2.10|
|Over 9.5 Corners||2.25||Under 9.5 Corners||2.06|