- Cyprus First Division
- 17:00 AEK Larnaca vs Anorthosis England Championship
- 20:45 Blackburn Rovers vs Middlesbrough France Ligue 2
- 20:45 Caen vs Ajaccio France National
- 20:45 Annecy vs Concarneau Greece Super League
- 17:30 Asteras Tripolis vs Apollon Smirnis Israel Israeli Premier League
- 19:30 Beitar Jerusalem vs Hapoel Tel Aviv Israel Liga Leumit
- 18:00 Beitar Tel Aviv Ramla vs Hapoel Afula
- 18:00 Hapoel Ramat Gan vs Hapoel Ra'anana
- 18:00 Hapoel Petah Tikva vs Sektzia Nes Tziona Portugal LigaPro
- 15:30 Academico Viseu vs Sporting Covilhã
- 21:15 Leixões vs GD Chaves Romania Liga I
- 15:30 Botoşani vs Sepsi
Necaxa will welcome Monterrey to Estadio Victoria de Aguascalientes for a matchday 2 fixture in Mexico Liga MX. The last meeting on 23rd October 2021 ended in a Necaxa 1-0 win. Both sides have met fifteen times in the most recent seasons. Necaxa has won 4 matches, and Monterrey triumphed in 5. Recent outings average 2.13 goals, while both teams score 53% of the time.
Necaxa's latest fixture against Juárez ended in an away 2-1 loss. Los Electricistas dominated the possession of the ball but didn't take advantage of it. Necaxa was more dominant in the second half and scored in the 47 minute.
Monterrey's recent game against Querétaro ended in a home 0-0 draw. They had more ball possession and goal-scoring opportunities but it wasn't enough to win three points.
Since the start of the season, Los Once Hermanos is more dominant at home. They have four wins out of 9 games on home soil. Although Necaxa is among the most solid home teams in the league, they are far from perfect. Their defence is not as good as expected with just 33% home clean sheets.
Monterrey has picked up 10 points from the previous six league games. They still have a lot to prove when playing away from home. Los Albiazules wins 1.25 points per away game, a bit less than their home record shows. To improve results, they have to be more compact in defence. Monterrey kept a clean sheet in just 17% of their visits.
The hosts will have to work hard to get a good result. Los Electricistas has won just 44% of home games. On average they score 1.11 goals and concede 1.56 per game. Monterrey won their previous away game and I expect more of the same. Their away record looks impressive.
The visitors have a better record and I have to back them. Necaxa wins on average 1.33 points per home game. I am not sure they have what it takes to compete against Monterrey. My prediction is Monterrey to win.
Still, I expect a close game and don't think that we will see a lot of goals. Both sides score and concede on average 2.53 goals per game. Over 2.5 goals were scored in an average of 60% of Necaxa's home and Monterrey's away games. My prediction is Under 2.5 Goals.
Necaxa vs Monterrey Betting Tips
Necaxa vs Monterrey Head to Head
Average stats between Necaxa and Monterrey in most recent 15 outings in the Mexico Liga MX.
Necaxa vs Monterrey Stats
Results and League Table
Average stats between Necaxa and Monterrey across current season. Calculated from Necaxa's Home stats and Monterrey's Away stats.
Mexico Liga MX Form
- Coming into this game, Necaxa has picked up 7 points from the last 5 games, both home and away. That's 1.4 points per game on average. BTTS has landed in an intriguing 3 of those games. Necaxa has scored 5 times in the last 5 fixtures.
- We might see some goals in this one, with the last 3 games involving Necaxa has ended with 3 or more goals being scored. Will Monterrey get in on the action today? There has been a total of 12 goals in the last 5 games for Necaxa, both home and away.
- Necaxa has fired blanks in 7 games this season. That's 39% of games where they have not been able to find the back of the net. Do they need a new forward? In the last 5 games, they have scored an intriguing 5 goals.
- In the last 5 matches for Necaxa, 3 of those games has ended with both teams scoring. This season 6 matches (33% of all matches) involving Necaxa has seen BTTS landing.
- Coming into this game, Monterrey has picked up 7 points from the last 5 games, both home and away. That's 1.4 points per game on average. BTTS has landed in just 2 of those games. Monterrey has scored 5 times in the last 5 fixtures.
- Monterrey has enjoyed playing away from home recently, with the side currently unbeaten in 4 games.
- Momentum is really building for Monterrey as they have now gone 6 games without losing. They have won 1 of the last 5 games they have played.
- Monterrey has kept 3 clean sheets in the last 5 games, conceding 2 goals during this period. Overall this season, their defence has kept a clean sheet on 7 occasions.
- Monterrey is unbeaten in the last 5 games coming into this fixture against Necaxa, having won 1 and drawn 4. They have scored 5 goals in those 5 games.
- Things have not been going that well in front of goal for Monterrey recently, with the side failing to score in 3 of the last 5 games. Will the manager change his tactics today, or throw in another forward?
- Just 2 of the last 5 games for Monterrey has ended with both teams scoring. They have won 1 of those 5 games. Overall, BTTS has landed in 11/21 games for Monterrey this season.
|Total / L6||Home||Away|
|Win %||32% / 33%||44 %||20 %|
|Draw %||11% / 17%||0 %||20 %|
|Loss %||58% / 50%||56 %||60 %|
|AVG Goals||2.37 / 2.00||2.67||2.10|
|Scored||0.89 / 0.83||1.11||0.70|
|Conceded||1.47 / 1.17||1.56||1.40|
|BTTS %||32% / 33%||22 %||40 %|
|BTTS Win||5% / 0%||11 %||0 %|
|BTTS Loss||21% / 17%||11 %||30 %|
|Scored in Both||16% / 17%||22 %||10 %|
|Scores %||58% / 67%||56 %||60 %|
|Clean Sheet %||32% / 33%||33 %||30 %|
|Frist Goal %||37% / 50%||44 %||30 %|
|Possession %||51% / 46%||54 %||49 %|
|Corners||5.21 / 2.67||5.22||5.20|
|Cards||1.89 / 3.67||0.78||2.90|
|Offsides||1.58 / 0.83||1.67||1.50|
|Fouls||13.00 / 11.67||13.11||12.90|
|Shots||15.11 / 9.00||15.89||14.40|
|Shots on Target||5.79 / 3.33||5.89||5.70|
|Total / L6||Home||Away|
|Win %||30% / 50%||36 %||25 %|
|Draw %||48% / 33%||45 %||50 %|
|Loss %||22% / 17%||18 %||25 %|
|AVG Goals||2.17 / 2.33||1.64||2.67|
|Scored||1.30 / 1.33||1.09||1.50|
|Conceded||0.87 / 1.00||0.55||1.17|
|BTTS %||52% / 50%||27 %||75 %|
|BTTS Win||13% / 0%||9 %||17 %|
|BTTS Loss||9% / 17%||0 %||17 %|
|Scored in Both||26% / 17%||36 %||17 %|
|Scores %||70% / 100%||55 %||83 %|
|Clean Sheet %||35% / 50%||55 %||17 %|
|Frist Goal %||52% / 100%||45 %||58 %|
|Possession %||51% / 49%||52 %||51 %|
|Corners||4.65 / 5.33||4.73||4.58|
|Cards||2.70 / 1.67||2.45||2.92|
|Offsides||1.87 / 1.60||2.36||1.42|
|Fouls||11.83 / 12.40||13.18||10.58|
|Shots||13.43 / 12.00||15.00||12.00|
|Shots on Target||5.22 / 3.83||5.00||5.42|
Over 2.5 Goals and BTTS
Number of Corners
First Half Corners
Second Half Corners
Number of Cards
First Half Cards
Second Half Cards
Necaxa vs Monterrey Odds
|HT 1||3.50||HT X||2.05||HT 2||3.00|
|Home Win Nil||4.60||Away Win Nil||3.80|
|Over 2.5||2.05||Under 2.5||1.70|
|BTTS Yes||1.83||BTTS NO||1.90|
|Over 9.5 Corners||2.00||Under 9.5 Corners||1.80|