Santos Laguna will welcome Tigres UANL to Estadio Nuevo Corona for a matchday 1 fixture in Mexico Liga MX. The last meeting on 29th November 2021 ended in a Tigres UANL 1-0 win. Both sides have met thirty times in the most recent seasons. Santos Laguna has won 12 matches, and Tigres UANL triumphed in 8. Recent outings average 2.73 goals, while both teams score 60% of the time.
Santos Laguna's latest fixture against Tigres UANL ended in an away 1-0 loss. I expected more from Los Laguneros. The lack of focus in the final third cost them three points.
Tigres UANL's previous game in the competition versus León ended in an away 2-1 loss. Los Felinos had plenty of time to pass around and make quality forward runs. However, the final result was not what they wish for before the game started. Tigres UANL played better before halftime and scored in the 16th minute.
Since the start of the season, Los Verdiblancos is more dominant at home. They have four wins out of 13 games on home soil. Los Guerreros's good defensive display is key to their success. They didn't concede in 38% of home games.
Tigres UANL has picked up 10 points from the previous six league games. They still have a lot to prove when playing away from home. Los Auriazules wins 1.25 points per away game, a bit less than their home record shows. To improve results, they have to be more compact in defence. Tigres UANL kept a clean sheet in just 17% of their visits.
It is hard to choose a favourite in this one. Both teams look evenly-matched and have their strengths. I am not willing to take a risk and prefer a double chance bet. My prediction is Draw or Tigres UANL.
Still, I expect a close game and don't think that we will see a lot of goals. Both sides score and concede on average 2.26 goals per game. Over 2.5 goals were scored in an average of 44% of Santos Laguna's home and Tigres UANL's away games. My prediction is Under 2.5 Goals.
Santos Laguna vs Tigres UANL Betting Tips
Santos Laguna vs Tigres UANL Head to Head
Average stats between Santos Laguna and Tigres UANL in most recent 30 outings in the Mexico Liga MX.
Santos Laguna vs Tigres UANL Stats
Results and League Table
Average stats between Santos Laguna and Tigres UANL across current season. Calculated from Santos Laguna's Home stats and Tigres UANL's Away stats.
Mexico Liga MX Form
- Coming into this game, Santos Laguna has picked up 10 points from the last 5 games, both home and away. That's 2 points per game on average. BTTS has landed in just 1 of those games. Santos Laguna has scored 7 times in the last 5 fixtures.
- Superb stuff from Santos Laguna at home, where they are currently unbeaten in 5 games. Can they go another game without defeat?
- Santos Laguna has kept 3 clean sheets in the last 5 games, conceding 2 goals during this period. Overall this season, their defence has kept a clean sheet on 7 occasions.
- Santos Laguna will be looking to keep up the momentum today against Tigres UANL, having lost just 1 game from the last 5. They have won 3 and drawn 1
- Things have not been going that well in front of goal for Santos Laguna recently, with the side failing to score in 2 of the last 5 games. Will the manager change his tactics today, or throw in another forward?
- Just 1 of the last 5 games for Santos Laguna has ended with both teams scoring. They have won 3 of those 5 games. Overall, BTTS has landed in 12/20 games for Santos Laguna this season.
- Coming into this game, Tigres UANL has picked up 9 points from the last 5 games, both home and away. That's 1.8 points per game on average. BTTS has landed in an intriguing 3 of those games. Tigres UANL has scored 8 times in the last 5 fixtures.
- In the last 5 matches for Tigres UANL, 3 of those games has ended with both teams scoring. This season 11 matches (52% of all matches) involving Tigres UANL has seen BTTS landing.
- It's likely that Tigres UANL will score today, as they have netted in the last 6 games coming into this one and have scored 8 goals in the last five games.
|Total / L6||Home||Away|
|Win %||30% / 50%||31 %||30 %|
|Draw %||43% / 17%||54 %||30 %|
|Loss %||26% / 33%||15 %||40 %|
|AVG Goals||2.43 / 2.17||2.15||2.80|
|Scored||1.30 / 1.33||1.15||1.50|
|Conceded||1.13 / 0.83||1.00||1.30|
|BTTS %||65% / 17%||62 %||70 %|
|BTTS Win||9% / 0%||8 %||10 %|
|BTTS Loss||22% / 17%||15 %||30 %|
|Scored in Both||17% / 0%||8 %||30 %|
|Scores %||87% / 67%||85 %||90 %|
|Clean Sheet %||30% / 67%||38 %||20 %|
|Frist Goal %||57% / 67%||54 %||60 %|
|Possession %||51% / 50%||55 %||46 %|
|Corners||6.65 / 4.83||6.38||7.00|
|Cards||2.17 / 1.67||1.54||3.00|
|Offsides||1.00 / 1.67||1.08||0.90|
|Fouls||11.78 / 13.67||10.92||12.90|
|Shots||14.87 / 13.83||14.85||14.90|
|Shots on Target||5.13 / 4.83||5.15||5.10|
|Total / L6||Home||Away|
|Win %||42% / 67%||50 %||33 %|
|Draw %||33% / 17%||42 %||25 %|
|Loss %||25% / 17%||8 %||42 %|
|AVG Goals||2.38 / 2.33||2.17||2.58|
|Scored||1.42 / 1.67||1.50||1.33|
|Conceded||0.96 / 0.67||0.67||1.25|
|BTTS %||54% / 33%||42 %||67 %|
|BTTS Win||17% / 17%||17 %||17 %|
|BTTS Loss||13% / 0%||0 %||25 %|
|Scored in Both||28% / 50%||42 %||17 %|
|Scores %||79% / 83%||75 %||83 %|
|Clean Sheet %||33% / 50%||50 %||17 %|
|Frist Goal %||42% / 50%||50 %||33 %|
|Possession %||55% / 57%||57 %||53 %|
|Corners||5.13 / 4.67||6.42||3.83|
|Cards||2.33 / 1.50||2.25||2.42|
|Offsides||1.21 / 1.50||1.25||1.17|
|Fouls||12.21 / 12.00||12.00||12.42|
|Shots||14.42 / 12.33||15.83||13.00|
|Shots on Target||5.75 / 5.83||6.58||4.92|
Over 2.5 Goals and BTTS
Number of Corners
First Half Corners
Second Half Corners
Number of Cards
First Half Cards
Second Half Cards
Santos Laguna vs Tigres UANL Odds
|HT 1||2.63||HT X||2.10||HT 2||4.50|
|Home Win Nil||2.90||Away Win Nil||6.00|
|Over 2.5||2.15||Under 2.5||1.67|
|BTTS Yes||1.91||BTTS NO||1.80|
|Over 9.5 Corners||1.87||Under 9.5 Corners||1.87|