- Portugal Liga NOS
- 20:30 Sporting CP vs Boavista FC
Tijuana will welcome Necaxa to Estadio Caliente for a matchday 16 fixture in Mexico Liga MX. The last meeting on 17th October 2020 ended in a Necaxa 2-0 win. Both sides have met thirteen times in the most recent seasons. Tijuana has won 7 matches, and Necaxa triumphed in 4. Recent outings average 2.85 goals, while both teams score 62% of the time.
Tijuana's latest fixture against Guadalajara ended in an away 2-0 loss. I expected more from Los Rojinegros. The lack of focus in the final third cost them three points.
Necaxa's recent game against Querétaro ended in a home 0-0 draw. They had more ball possession and goal-scoring opportunities but it wasn't enough to win three points.
Since the start of the season, Los Perros Aztecas is more dominant at home. They have eight wins out of 17 games on home soil. Although Tijuana is among the most solid home teams in the league, they are far from perfect. Their defence is not as good as expected with just 35% home clean sheets.
Necaxa has picked up 4 points from the previous six league games. They still have a lot to prove when playing away from home. Los Once Hermanos wins 0.72 points per away game, a bit less than their home record shows. To improve results, they have to be more compact in defence. Necaxa kept a clean sheet in just 17% of their visits.
It is not a surprise that the hosts stand out as a favourite to win this one. Los Rojinegros is currently unbeaten at home in one game. Since the start of the season, they have just six home defeats.
Los Rayos failed to win in ten consecutive away games. It will be a big surprise to turn up on Saturday and win against Los Rojinegros. Furthermore, they are in really bad away form, having lost five consecutive games on the road.
I am confident that the hosts will prove their worth and triumph with another home victory. Tijuana wins on average 1.59 points per home game, compared to 0.72 points per away game for Necaxa. My prediction is Tijuana to win.
Tijuana vs Necaxa Betting Tips
Tijuana vs Necaxa Head to Head
Average stats between Tijuana and Necaxa in most recent 13 outings in the Mexico Liga MX.
Tijuana vs Necaxa Stats
Results and League Table
Average stats between Tijuana and Necaxa across current season. Calculated from Tijuana's Home stats and Necaxa's Away stats.
Mexico Liga MX Form
- Coming into this game, Tijuana has picked up 4 points from the last 5 games, both home and away. That's 0.8 points per game on average. BTTS has landed in just 2 of those games. Tijuana has scored 4 times in the last 5 fixtures.
- Necaxa's defence will have to be at their best today if they're to stop Tijuana from scoring. The home side has scored in the last 3 games in front of their own fans. They have failed to score in 7 home matches this season.
- Tijuana has put together a good run of form and has now gone 2 games without defeat.
- Things have not been going that well in front of goal for Tijuana recently, with the side failing to score in 2 of the last 5 games. Will the manager change his tactics today, or throw in another forward?
- Tijuana has fired blanks in 16 games this season. That's 47% of games where they have not been able to find the back of the net. Do they need a new forward? In the last 5 games, they have scored just 4 goals.
- Just 2 of the last 5 games for Tijuana has ended with both teams scoring. They have won 1 of those 5 games. Overall, BTTS has landed in 14/34 games for Tijuana this season.
- Coming into this game, Necaxa has picked up 1 points from the last 5 games, both home and away. That's 0.2 points per game on average. BTTS has landed in just 2 of those games. Necaxa has scored 2 times in the last 5 fixtures.
- Can Necaxa turn this around? They have not won in the last 5 games coming into this, with 1 draws and 4 defeats.
- Things have not been going that well in front of goal for Necaxa recently, with the side failing to score in 3 of the last 5 games. Will the manager change his tactics today, or throw in another forward?
- Just 2 of the last 5 games for Necaxa has ended with both teams scoring. They have won 0 of those 5 games. Overall, BTTS has landed in 16/35 games for Necaxa this season.
|Total / L6||Home||Away|
|Win %||26% / 17%||47 %||6 %|
|Draw %||24% / 67%||18 %||29 %|
|Loss %||50% / 17%||35 %||65 %|
|AVG Goals||2.32 / 1.50||2.24||2.41|
|Scored||0.91 / 0.67||1.18||0.65|
|Conceded||1.41 / 0.83||1.06||1.76|
|BTTS %||41% / 33%||41 %||41 %|
|BTTS Win||15% / 0%||28 %||0 %|
|BTTS Loss||15% / 0%||12 %||18 %|
|Scored in Both||12% / 0%||24 %||0 %|
|Scores %||53% / 50%||59 %||47 %|
|Clean Sheet %||24% / 50%||35 %||12 %|
|Frist Goal %||38% / 17%||59 %||18 %|
|Possession %||53% / 53%||54 %||53 %|
|Corners||3.71 / 4.50||3.94||3.47|
|Cards||2.50 / 2.83||2.24||2.76|
|Offsides||1.56 / 2.00||1.65||1.47|
|Fouls||15.29 / 16.40||16.24||14.35|
|Shots||11.15 / 11.17||12.24||10.06|
|Shots on Target||4.18 / 4.00||4.53||3.82|
|Total / L6||Home||Away|
|Win %||26% / 33%||35 %||17 %|
|Draw %||23% / 17%||24 %||22 %|
|Loss %||51% / 50%||41 %||61 %|
|AVG Goals||2.29 / 2.00||2.29||2.28|
|Scored||0.86 / 0.83||0.94||0.78|
|Conceded||1.43 / 1.17||1.35||1.50|
|BTTS %||46% / 33%||41 %||50 %|
|BTTS Win||6% / 0%||12 %||0 %|
|BTTS Loss||20% / 17%||12 %||28 %|
|Scored in Both||14% / 17%||18 %||11 %|
|Scores %||66% / 67%||65 %||67 %|
|Clean Sheet %||23% / 33%||29 %||17 %|
|Frist Goal %||43% / 50%||41 %||44 %|
|Possession %||46% / 46%||48 %||44 %|
|Corners||4.03 / 2.67||4.35||3.72|
|Cards||2.57 / 3.67||2.29||2.83|
|Offsides||1.17 / 0.83||1.00||1.33|
|Fouls||13.62 / 11.67||14.53||12.71|
|Shots||11.69 / 9.00||12.88||10.56|
|Shots on Target||4.23 / 3.33||4.59||3.89|
Over 2.5 Goals and BTTS
Number of Corners
First Half Corners
Second Half Corners
Number of Cards
First Half Cards
Second Half Cards
Tijuana vs Necaxa Odds
|HT 1||2.61||HT X||2.23||HT 2||4.79|
|Home Win Nil||2.85||Away Win Nil||6.00|
|Over 2.5||1.83||Under 2.5||1.95|
|BTTS Yes||1.80||BTTS NO||2.00|
|Over 9.5 Corners||2.20||Under 9.5 Corners||1.66|