More tips coming soon.
Colchester United will welcome Salford City to JobServe Community Stadium for a matchday 45 fixture in England EFL League Two. The last meeting on 16th March 2021 ended in a 0-0 draw. Both sides have met three times in the most recent seasons. Colchester United has won 2 matches, and Salford City failed to win on every occasion. Recent outings average 1.33 goals, while both teams score 33% of the time.
Colchester United's last game in the England EFL League Two against Salford City at home ended in a 1-0 win. Although The U's played less with the ball than their opponent, it was enough to get the result they were hoping for. Colchester United scored in the second half in the 68th minute.
Salford City's previous game in the competition versus Bradford City ended in an away 1-0 win. Salford City was comfortable on the ball for most of the game and constantly avoided the press. Salford City was not convincing in the first-half and scored in the 90+1th minute.
Since the start of the season, Colchester United is more dominant at home. They have ten wins out of 23 games on home soil. Although Colchester United is among the most solid home teams in the league, they are far from perfect. Their defence is not as good as expected with just 22% home clean sheets.
Salford City has picked up 10 points from the previous six league games. They still have a lot to prove when playing away from home. Salford City wins 1.17 points per away game, a bit less than their home record shows.
The hosts will have to work hard to get a good result. Colchester United has won just 43% of home games. On average they score 1.39 goals and concede 1.13 per game. Salford City is one of the best teams in the league. On paper, they have a great squad and I expect them to make life difficult for their opponent.
The visitors have a better record and I have to back them. Colchester United wins on average 1.61 points per home game. I am not sure they have what it takes to compete against Salford City. My prediction is Salford City to win.
Still, I expect a close game and don't think that we will see a lot of goals. Both sides score and concede on average 2.12 goals per game. Over 2.5 goals were scored in an average of 41% of Colchester United's home and Salford City's away games. My prediction is Under 2.5 Goals.
Lately, there are not that many high-scoring games for both sides. I am confident that the tendency will keep going and at least one team will keep a clean sheet. A bet that both sides will score wins in an average of 46% of Colchester United's home and Salford City's away games. My prediction is Both Teams to Score: No.
Colchester United vs Salford City Betting Tips
Colchester United vs Salford City Head to Head
Average stats between Colchester United and Salford City in most recent 3 outings in the England EFL League Two.
Colchester United vs Salford City Stats
Results and League Table
Average stats between Colchester United and Salford City across current season. Calculated from Colchester United's Home stats and Salford City's Away stats.
England EFL League Two Form
- Coming into this game, Colchester United has picked up 10 points from the last 5 games, both home and away. That's 2 points per game on average. BTTS has landed in just 1 of those games. Colchester United has scored 5 times in the last 5 fixtures.
- Colchester United is in great form, and the home fans will be loving it. They have won the last 3 games that they have played at home.
- Colchester United has enjoyed playing at home recently, with the side currently unbeaten in 4 games.
- Salford City's defence will have to be at their best today if they're to stop Colchester United from scoring. The home side has scored in the last 6 games in front of their own fans. They have failed to score in 4 home matches this season.
- Colchester United has put together a good run of form and has now gone 2 games without defeat.
- Colchester United has kept 3 clean sheets in the last 5 games, conceding 2 goals during this period. Overall this season, their defence has kept a clean sheet on 13 occasions.
- Colchester United will be looking to keep up the momentum today against Salford City, having lost just 1 game from the last 5. They have won 3 and drawn 1
- Things have not been going that well in front of goal for Colchester United recently, with the side failing to score in 2 of the last 5 games. Will the manager change his tactics today, or throw in another forward?
- Colchester United has fired blanks in 17 games this season. That's 37% of games where they have not been able to find the back of the net. Do they need a new forward? In the last 5 games, they have scored just 5 goals.
- Just 1 of the last 5 games for Colchester United has ended with both teams scoring. They have won 3 of those 5 games. Overall, BTTS has landed in 24/46 games for Colchester United this season.
- Coming into this game, Salford City has picked up 12 points from the last 5 games, both home and away. That's 2.4 points per game on average. BTTS has landed in just 0 of those games. Salford City has scored 8 times in the last 5 fixtures.
- Salford City has kept 4 clean sheets in the last 5 games, conceding 1 goals during this period. Overall this season, their defence has kept a clean sheet on 22 occasions.
- Salford City will be looking to keep up the momentum today against Colchester United, having lost just 1 game from the last 5. They have won 4 and drawn 0
- Just 0 of the last 5 games for Salford City has ended with both teams scoring. They have won 4 of those 5 games. Overall, BTTS has landed in 16/46 games for Salford City this season.
|Total / L6||Home||Away|
|Win %||24% / 0%||43 %||4 %|
|Draw %||39% / 50%||30 %||48 %|
|Loss %||37% / 50%||26 %||48 %|
|AVG Goals||2.28 / 1.67||2.52||2.04|
|Scored||0.96 / 0.33||1.39||0.52|
|Conceded||1.33 / 1.33||1.13||1.52|
|BTTS %||52% / 33%||65 %||39 %|
|BTTS Win||13% / 0%||26 %||0 %|
|BTTS Loss||17% / 17%||13 %||22 %|
|Scored in Both||17% / 0%||30 %||4 %|
|Scores %||63% / 33%||83 %||43 %|
|Clean Sheet %||28% / 33%||22 %||35 %|
|Frist Goal %||33% / 0%||52 %||13 %|
|Possession %||48% / 51%||48 %||48 %|
|Corners||4.18 / 5.00||3.96||4.41|
|Cards||1.80 / 1.83||1.78||1.83|
|Offsides||1.60 / 0.40||1.59||1.62|
|Fouls||9.89 / 11.60||10.09||9.68|
|Shots||10.11 / 9.80||10.52||9.68|
|Shots on Target||3.87 / 3.60||4.39||3.32|
|Total / L6||Home||Away|
|Win %||40% / 33%||45 %||35 %|
|Draw %||31% / 33%||50 %||13 %|
|Loss %||29% / 33%||5 %||52 %|
|AVG Goals||1.89 / 1.83||2.18||1.61|
|Scored||1.13 / 1.00||1.50||0.78|
|Conceded||0.76 / 0.83||0.68||0.83|
|BTTS %||36% / 33%||50 %||22 %|
|BTTS Win||7% / 0%||14 %||0 %|
|BTTS Loss||11% / 17%||0 %||22 %|
|Scored in Both||22% / 33%||32 %||13 %|
|Scores %||69% / 67%||82 %||57 %|
|Clean Sheet %||47% / 50%||45 %||48 %|
|Frist Goal %||60% / 50%||73 %||48 %|
|Possession %||54% / 52%||52 %||55 %|
|Corners||4.60 / 5.60||3.73||5.43|
|Cards||1.93 / 1.50||2.14||1.74|
|Offsides||2.41 / 1.40||2.32||2.50|
|Fouls||11.45 / 11.80||12.57||10.43|
|Shots||12.20 / 12.40||11.82||12.57|
|Shots on Target||5.02 / 4.40||5.14||4.91|
Over 2.5 Goals and BTTS
Number of Corners
First Half Corners
Second Half Corners
Number of Cards
First Half Cards
Second Half Cards
Colchester United vs Salford City Odds
|HT 1||4.75||HT X||2.05||HT 2||2.60|
|Home Win Nil||5.75||Away Win Nil||2.70|
|Over 2.5||2.12||Under 2.5||1.65|
|BTTS Yes||2.15||BTTS NO||1.65|
|Over 9.5 Corners||1.80||Under 9.5 Corners||2.00|