- Algeria Ligue 1
- 17:00 NA Hussein Dey vs USM Alger
- 17:00 CS Constantine vs CR Belouizdad
- 17:45 MC Alger vs Paradou AC Brazil Serie A
- 23:00 Flamengo vs Fortaleza
- 23:00 São Paulo vs Cuiabá
- 23:00 Bragantino vs Palmeiras
- 23:00 Atlético GO vs Fluminense EURO 2020
- 17:00 Sweden vs Poland
- 17:00 Slovakia vs Spain
- 20:00 Portugal vs France
- 20:00 Germany vs Hungary Finland Veikkausliiga
- 16:30 Ilves vs Inter Turku
- 16:30 Lahti vs HIFK Kazakhstan Kazakhstan Premier League
- 16:00 Kaisar vs Tobol Uruguay Primera División
- 19:45 Torque vs Peñarol
Derry City will welcome Longford Town to The Ryan McBride Brandywell Stadium for a matchday 10 fixture in Republic of Ireland Premier Division. The last meeting on 20th March 2021 ended in a Longford Town 2-0 win. Both sides have met seven times in the most recent seasons. Derry City has won 3 matches, and Longford Town triumphed in 2. Recent outings average 3.14 goals, while both teams score 43% of the time.
Derry City's last game in the Republic of Ireland Premier Division against Finn Harps at home ended in a 1-2 loss. The Candystripes had plenty of possession, but not enough quality in the final third of the pitch. Derry City scored before halftime in the 18th minute.
Longford Town's recent game against Dundalk ended in a home 2-2 draw. One point was the maximum they could have won with that display. Longford Town put the pressure early on and scored in the 6th and 15th minute.
So far, Derry City plays better on the road than at home. They win 2.00 points per away game on average compared to 0.67 points at home. Although Derry City is among the most solid home teams in the league, they are far from perfect. Their defence is not as good as expected with just 0% home clean sheets.
Longford Town has picked up 1 points from the previous six league games. They still have a lot to prove when playing away from home. Longford Town wins 0.38 points per away game, a bit less than their home record shows. To improve results, they have to be more compact in defence. Longford Town kept a clean sheet in just 0% of their visits.
It is hard to choose a favourite in this one. Both teams look evenly-matched and have their strengths. I am not willing to take a risk and prefer a double chance bet. My prediction is Derry City or Draw.
Still, I expect a close game and don't think that we will see a lot of goals. Both sides score and concede on average 2.58 goals per game. Over 2.5 goals were scored in an average of 58% of Derry City's home and Longford Town's away games. My prediction is Under 2.5 Goals.
Derry City vs Longford Town Betting Tips
Derry City vs Longford Town Head to Head
Average stats between Derry City and Longford Town in most recent 7 outings in the Republic of Ireland Premier Division.
Derry City vs Longford Town Stats
Results and League Table
Average stats between Derry City and Longford Town across current season. Calculated from Derry City's Home stats and Longford Town's Away stats.
Republic of Ireland Premier Division Form
- Coming into this game, Derry City has picked up 9 points from the last 5 games, both home and away. That's 1.8 points per game on average. BTTS has landed in an intriguing 5 of those games. Derry City has scored 8 times in the last 5 fixtures.
- Derry City has enjoyed playing at home recently, with the side currently unbeaten in 4 games.
- Longford Town's defence will have to be at their best today if they're to stop Derry City from scoring. The home side has scored in the last 7 games in front of their own fans. They have failed to score in 1 home matches this season.
- Momentum is really building for Derry City as they have now gone 8 games without losing. They have won 2 of the last 5 games they have played.
- It's possible we will see a couple of goals here, with the last 5 games for Derry City ending with 2 goals or more being scored.
- Derry City is unbeaten in the last 5 games coming into this fixture against Longford Town, having won 2 and drawn 3. They have scored 8 goals in those 5 games.
- The last 5 games for Derry City has each seen both teams scoring. Will they improve their defence, or will we see more of the same here? This season Derry City has seen a total of 12/17 fixtures end with both teams scoring. That's 71% of all matches played.
- It's likely that Derry City will score today, as they have netted in the last 13 games coming into this one and have scored 8 goals in the last five games.
- Coming into this game, Longford Town has picked up 1 points from the last 5 games, both home and away. That's 0.2 points per game on average. BTTS has landed in an intriguing 4 of those games. Longford Town has scored 4 times in the last 5 fixtures.
- Can Longford Town turn this around? They have not won in the last 5 games coming into this, with 1 draws and 4 defeats.
- Longford Town has fired blanks in 8 games this season. That's 47% of games where they have not been able to find the back of the net. Do they need a new forward? In the last 5 games, they have scored an intriguing 4 goals.
- In the last 5 matches for Longford Town, 4 of those games has ended with both teams scoring. This season 8 matches (47% of all matches) involving Longford Town has seen BTTS landing.
|Total / L6||Home||Away|
|Win %||29% / 50%||0 %||63 %|
|Draw %||41% / 50%||67 %||13 %|
|Loss %||29% / 0%||33 %||25 %|
|AVG Goals||2.29 / 2.50||2.44||2.13|
|Scored||1.06 / 1.50||1.00||1.13|
|Conceded||1.24 / 1.00||1.44||1.00|
|BTTS %||71% / 83%||89 %||50 %|
|BTTS Win||18% / 33%||0 %||38 %|
|BTTS Loss||12% / 0%||22 %||0 %|
|Scored in Both||12% / 33%||11 %||13 %|
|Scores %||82% / 100%||89 %||75 %|
|Clean Sheet %||12% / 17%||0 %||25 %|
|Frist Goal %||35% / 50%||11 %||63 %|
|Possession %||51% / 50%||54 %||47 %|
|Corners||3.67 / 3.75||4.75||2.43|
|Cards||2.18 / 2.80||1.67||2.75|
|Offsides||1.00 / 0.00||1.00||0.00|
|Fouls||10.00 / 0.00||10.00||0.00|
|Shots||7.33 / 7.75||7.75||6.86|
|Shots on Target||3.53 / 4.75||3.75||3.29|
|Total / L6||Home||Away|
|Win %||6% / 50%||11 %||0 %|
|Draw %||29% / 0%||22 %||38 %|
|Loss %||65% / 50%||67 %||63 %|
|AVG Goals||2.53 / 3.83||2.33||2.75|
|Scored||0.71 / 1.83||0.67||0.75|
|Conceded||1.82 / 2.00||1.67||2.00|
|BTTS %||47% / 67%||33 %||63 %|
|BTTS Win||0% / 33%||0 %||0 %|
|BTTS Loss||24% / 33%||22 %||25 %|
|Scored in Both||6% / 33%||11 %||0 %|
|Scores %||53% / 83%||44 %||62 %|
|Clean Sheet %||12% / 17%||22 %||0 %|
|Frist Goal %||29% / 67%||22 %||38 %|
|Possession %||44% / 0%||46 %||42 %|
|Corners||3.25 / 0.00||3.38||3.13|
|Cards||1.56 / 2.00||1.78||1.29|
|Offsides||2.00 / 0.00||2.00||0.00|
|Fouls||15.50 / 0.00||15.50||0.00|
|Shots||7.06 / 0.00||6.75||7.38|
|Shots on Target||3.06 / 0.00||2.63||3.50|
Over 2.5 Goals and BTTS
Number of Corners
First Half Corners
Second Half Corners
Number of Cards
First Half Cards
Second Half Cards
Derry City vs Longford Town Odds
|HT 1||2.55||HT X||2.00||HT 2||4.60|
|Home Win Nil||3.00||Away Win Nil||5.50|
|Over 2.5||2.45||Under 2.5||1.53|
|BTTS Yes||2.25||BTTS NO||1.61|
|Over 9.5 Corners||1.87||Under 9.5 Corners||1.80|