- Chile Primera División
- 01:30 Unión La Calera vs Palestino
- 17:30 Antofagasta vs Universidad Católica
- 20:00 Santiago Wanderers vs Colo-Colo Egypt Egyptian Premier League
- 18:00 Aswan FC vs Al Ahly Europe UEFA Europa Conference League
- 17:30 Tallinna FC Levadia vs Dundalk
- 18:00 Rosenborg vs FH Mexico Ascenso MX
- 01:05 Tampico Madero vs Leones Negros de la Universidad de Guadalajara USA MLS
- 03:30 Los Angeles FC vs Minnesota United
Derry City will welcome Sligo Rovers to The Ryan McBride Brandywell Stadium for a matchday 17 fixture in Republic of Ireland Premier Division. The last meeting on 24th April 2021 ended in a Derry City 1-0 win. Both sides have met twenty-seven times in the most recent seasons. Derry City has won 9 matches, and Sligo Rovers triumphed in 11. Recent outings average 2.07 goals, while both teams score 37% of the time.
Derry City's latest fixture against Finn Harps ended in an away 2-1 win. Derry City was very dangerous in attack, having attempted four shots on target. Derry City played outstanding football in the first half and scored in the 9th and 44th minute.
Sligo Rovers's previous game in the competition versus St Patrick's Athl. ended in an away 2-0 loss. Sligo Rovers had plenty of time to pass around and make quality forward runs. However, the final result was not what they wish for before the game started.
So far, Derry City plays better on the road than at home. They win 1.60 points per away game on average compared to 0.82 points at home. Although Derry City is among the most solid home teams in the league, they are far from perfect. Their defence is not as good as expected with just 9% home clean sheets.
Sligo Rovers has picked up 7 points from the previous six league games. It is quite intriguing that they prefer playing on the road. Sligo Rovers has collected 2.09 points on average per away game, compared to 1.67 at home.
It is hard to choose a favourite in this one. Both teams look evenly-matched and have their strengths. I am not willing to take a risk and prefer a double chance bet. My prediction is Derry City or Draw.
Still, I expect a close game and don't think that we will see a lot of goals. Both sides score and concede on average 2.32 goals per game. Over 2.5 goals were scored in an average of 38% of Derry City's home and Sligo Rovers's away games. My prediction is Under 2.5 Goals.
Lately, there are not that many high-scoring games for both sides. I am confident that the tendency will keep going and at least one team will keep a clean sheet. A bet that both sides will score wins in an average of 69% of Derry City's home and Sligo Rovers's away games. My prediction is Both Teams to Score: No.
Derry City vs Sligo Rovers Betting Tips
Derry City vs Sligo Rovers Head to Head
Average stats between Derry City and Sligo Rovers in most recent 27 outings in the Republic of Ireland Premier Division.
Derry City vs Sligo Rovers Stats
Results and League Table
Average stats between Derry City and Sligo Rovers across current season. Calculated from Derry City's Home stats and Sligo Rovers's Away stats.
Republic of Ireland Premier Division Form
- Coming into this game, Derry City has picked up 4 points from the last 5 games, both home and away. That's 0.8 points per game on average. BTTS has landed in an intriguing 3 of those games. Derry City has scored 6 times in the last 5 fixtures.
- Sligo Rovers's defence will have to be at their best today if they're to stop Derry City from scoring. The home side has scored in the last 9 games in front of their own fans. They have failed to score in 1 home matches this season.
- In the last 5 matches for Derry City, 3 of those games has ended with both teams scoring. This season 14 matches (67% of all matches) involving Derry City has seen BTTS landing.
- Coming into this game, Sligo Rovers has picked up 7 points from the last 5 games, both home and away. That's 1.4 points per game on average. BTTS has landed in just 1 of those games. Sligo Rovers has scored 6 times in the last 5 fixtures.
- Things have not been going that well in front of goal for Sligo Rovers recently, with the side failing to score in 2 of the last 5 games. Will the manager change his tactics today, or throw in another forward?
- Just 1 of the last 5 games for Sligo Rovers has ended with both teams scoring. They have won 2 of those 5 games. Overall, BTTS has landed in 9/20 games for Sligo Rovers this season.
|Total / L6||Home||Away|
|Win %||29% / 17%||9 %||50 %|
|Draw %||33% / 33%||55 %||10 %|
|Loss %||38% / 50%||36 %||40 %|
|AVG Goals||2.43 / 2.67||2.73||2.10|
|Scored||1.10 / 1.17||1.18||1.00|
|Conceded||1.33 / 1.50||1.55||1.10|
|BTTS %||67% / 67%||82 %||50 %|
|BTTS Win||14% / 0%||0 %||30 %|
|BTTS Loss||19% / 33%||27 %||10 %|
|Scored in Both||14% / 17%||18 %||10 %|
|Scores %||81% / 83%||91 %||70 %|
|Clean Sheet %||14% / 17%||9 %||20 %|
|Frist Goal %||38% / 33%||27 %||50 %|
|Possession %||52% / 57%||54 %||49 %|
|Corners||4.10 / 4.83||4.55||3.56|
|Cards||2.14 / 1.60||1.55||2.80|
|Offsides||0.50 / 0.00||0.50||0.00|
|Fouls||10.50 / 11.00||10.50||0.00|
|Shots||7.65 / 9.17||8.09||7.11|
|Shots on Target||3.70 / 4.17||3.91||3.44|
|Total / L6||Home||Away|
|Win %||55% / 33%||44 %||64 %|
|Draw %||25% / 0%||33 %||18 %|
|Loss %||20% / 67%||22 %||18 %|
|AVG Goals||2.05 / 2.50||2.22||1.91|
|Scored||1.35 / 1.33||1.56||1.18|
|Conceded||0.70 / 1.17||0.67||0.73|
|BTTS %||45% / 33%||44 %||45 %|
|BTTS Win||15% / 0%||0 %||27 %|
|BTTS Loss||5% / 33%||11 %||0 %|
|Scored in Both||26% / 33%||25 %||27 %|
|Scores %||85% / 67%||89 %||82 %|
|Clean Sheet %||40% / 33%||44 %||36 %|
|Frist Goal %||65% / 50%||67 %||64 %|
|Possession %||50% / 54%||52 %||48 %|
|Corners||4.47 / 4.50||4.63||4.36|
|Cards||2.11 / 2.25||2.00||2.18|
|Offsides||2.00 / 4.00||0.00||2.00|
|Fouls||11.00 / 10.67||0.00||11.00|
|Shots||10.58 / 14.17||10.75||10.45|
|Shots on Target||4.84 / 6.50||4.63||5.00|
Over 2.5 Goals and BTTS
Number of Corners
First Half Corners
Second Half Corners
Number of Cards
First Half Cards
Second Half Cards
Derry City vs Sligo Rovers Odds
|HT 1||3.40||HT X||1.90||HT 2||3.50|
|Home Win Nil||3.80||Away Win Nil||4.00|
|Over 2.5||2.40||Under 2.5||1.54|
|BTTS Yes||2.15||BTTS NO||1.67|
|Over 9.5 Corners||2.10||Under 9.5 Corners||1.65|