Drogheda United will welcome Longford Town to Head in the Game Park for a matchday 13 fixture in Republic of Ireland Premier Division. The last meeting on 10th April 2021 ended in a Drogheda United 4-0 win. Both sides have met twelve times in the most recent seasons. Drogheda United has won 2 matches, and Longford Town triumphed in 7. Recent outings average 2.33 goals, while both teams score 42% of the time.
Drogheda United's latest fixture against Finn Harps ended in an away 1-0 win. The Turks was very dangerous in attack, having attempted five shots on target. Drogheda United was more dominant in the second half and scored in injury time.
Longford Town's previous game in the competition versus Sligo Rovers ended in an away 2-0 loss. Longford Town had plenty of time to pass around and make quality forward runs. However, the final result was not what they wish for before the game started.
So far, The Boynesiders plays better on the road than at home. They win 1.63 points per away game on average compared to 1.33 points at home. Although Drogheda United is among the most solid home teams in the league, they are far from perfect. Their defence is not as good as expected with just 11% home clean sheets.
Longford Town has picked up 1 points from the previous six league games. They still have a lot to prove when playing away from home. Longford Town wins 0.38 points per away game, a bit less than their home record shows. To improve results, they have to be more compact in defence. Longford Town kept a clean sheet in just 0% of their visits.
It is not a surprise that the hosts stand out as a favourite to win this one. The Turks lost the previous game at home but still have a lot of advantage over their opponent. They have won 33% of home games which gives them plenty of confidence for the upcoming fixture.
This season hasn't unfolded as planned, and Longford Town haven't tasted an away victory at all. The visitors have lost 63% of all games on the road while conceding on average 2.00 goals in the process.
I am confident that the hosts will prove their worth and triumph with another home victory. Drogheda United wins on average 1.33 points per home game, compared to 0.38 points per away game for Longford Town. My prediction is Drogheda United to win.
Lately, there are not that many high-scoring games for both sides. I am confident that the tendency will keep going and at least one team will keep a clean sheet. A bet that both sides will score wins in an average of 59% of Drogheda United's home and Longford Town's away games. My prediction is Both Teams to Score: No.
Drogheda United vs Longford Town Betting Tips
Drogheda United vs Longford Town Head to Head
Average stats between Drogheda United and Longford Town in most recent 12 outings in the Republic of Ireland Premier Division.
Drogheda United vs Longford Town Stats
Results and League Table
Average stats between Drogheda United and Longford Town across current season. Calculated from Drogheda United's Home stats and Longford Town's Away stats.
Republic of Ireland Premier Division Form
- Coming into this game, Drogheda United has picked up 6 points from the last 5 games, both home and away. That's 1.2 points per game on average. BTTS has landed in an intriguing 3 of those games. Drogheda United has scored 7 times in the last 5 fixtures.
- Things have not been going that well in front of goal for Drogheda United recently, with the side failing to score in 2 of the last 5 games. Will the manager change his tactics today, or throw in another forward?
- In the last 5 matches for Drogheda United, 3 of those games has ended with both teams scoring. This season 10 matches (59% of all matches) involving Drogheda United has seen BTTS landing.
- Drogheda United will need to improve their attack if they're to get anything out of this game. They have not scored in the last 2 matches. During the last five games they have scored 7 times and overall this season they have scored 1.71 goals per game.
- Coming into this game, Longford Town has picked up 1 points from the last 5 games, both home and away. That's 0.2 points per game on average. BTTS has landed in an intriguing 4 of those games. Longford Town has scored 4 times in the last 5 fixtures.
- Can Longford Town turn this around? They have not won in the last 5 games coming into this, with 1 draws and 4 defeats.
- Longford Town has fired blanks in 8 games this season. That's 47% of games where they have not been able to find the back of the net. Do they need a new forward? In the last 5 games, they have scored an intriguing 4 goals.
- In the last 5 matches for Longford Town, 4 of those games has ended with both teams scoring. This season 8 matches (47% of all matches) involving Longford Town has seen BTTS landing.
|Total / L6||Home||Away|
|Win %||41% / 50%||33 %||50 %|
|Draw %||24% / 0%||33 %||13 %|
|Loss %||35% / 50%||33 %||38 %|
|AVG Goals||2.88 / 3.00||2.33||3.50|
|Scored||1.71 / 1.33||1.33||2.13|
|Conceded||1.18 / 1.67||1.00||1.38|
|BTTS %||59% / 50%||67 %||50 %|
|BTTS Win||18% / 33%||22 %||13 %|
|BTTS Loss||18% / 17%||11 %||25 %|
|Scored in Both||28% / 33%||22 %||38 %|
|Scores %||82% / 67%||78 %||87 %|
|Clean Sheet %||24% / 17%||11 %||38 %|
|Frist Goal %||53% / 50%||44 %||63 %|
|Possession %||47% / 51%||48 %||46 %|
|Corners||4.20 / 5.80||4.50||3.86|
|Cards||1.75 / 1.60||2.11||1.29|
|Offsides||2.33 / 0.00||3.00||1.00|
|Fouls||13.00 / 0.00||10.50||18.00|
|Shots||8.73 / 9.40||10.38||6.86|
|Shots on Target||4.67 / 5.40||5.38||3.86|
|Total / L6||Home||Away|
|Win %||6% / 50%||11 %||0 %|
|Draw %||29% / 0%||22 %||38 %|
|Loss %||65% / 50%||67 %||63 %|
|AVG Goals||2.53 / 3.83||2.33||2.75|
|Scored||0.71 / 1.83||0.67||0.75|
|Conceded||1.82 / 2.00||1.67||2.00|
|BTTS %||47% / 67%||33 %||63 %|
|BTTS Win||0% / 33%||0 %||0 %|
|BTTS Loss||24% / 33%||22 %||25 %|
|Scored in Both||6% / 33%||11 %||0 %|
|Scores %||53% / 83%||44 %||62 %|
|Clean Sheet %||12% / 17%||22 %||0 %|
|Frist Goal %||29% / 67%||22 %||38 %|
|Possession %||44% / 0%||46 %||42 %|
|Corners||3.25 / 0.00||3.38||3.13|
|Cards||1.56 / 2.00||1.78||1.29|
|Offsides||2.00 / 0.00||2.00||0.00|
|Fouls||15.50 / 0.00||15.50||0.00|
|Shots||7.06 / 0.00||6.75||7.38|
|Shots on Target||3.06 / 0.00||2.63||3.50|
Over 2.5 Goals and BTTS
Number of Corners
First Half Corners
Second Half Corners
Number of Cards
First Half Cards
Second Half Cards
Drogheda United vs Longford Town Odds
|HT 1||2.38||HT X||2.10||HT 2||5.50|
|Home Win Nil||2.70||Away Win Nil||6.50|
|Over 2.5||2.20||Under 2.5||1.63|
|BTTS Yes||2.10||BTTS NO||1.69|
|Over 9.5 Corners||1.93||Under 9.5 Corners||1.87|