- Bolivia LFPB
- 23:15 Wilstermann vs Blooming Brazil Serie A
- 22:00 Juventude vs Chapecoense Denmark Superliga
- 18:00 SønderjyskE vs Vejle France Ligue 2
- 19:45 Dijon vs Sochaux Iceland Úrvalsdeild
- 20:15 KR vs Fylkir Romania Liga I
- 16:30 Chindia Târgovişte vs Sepsi Sweden Allsvenskan
- 18:00 Varberg vs IFK Göteborg
- 18:00 Örebro vs AIK
- 18:00 Östersunds FK vs Halmstad Sweden Superettan
- 18:00 GAIS vs Akropolis
- 18:00 Norrby vs Västerås SK Ukraine Ukrainian Premier League
- 17:30 Vorskla vs Dnipro-1
Dundalk will welcome Longford Town to Oriel Park for a matchday 16 fixture in Republic of Ireland Premier Division. The last meeting on 3rd May 2021 ended in a 2-2 draw. Both sides have met seven times in the most recent seasons. Dundalk has won 5 matches, and Longford Town failed to win on every occasion. Recent outings average 3.00 goals, while both teams score 29% of the time.
Dundalk's last game in the Republic of Ireland Premier Division against Waterford at home ended in a 1-3 loss. The final result is not a surprise. The Lilywhites played less with the ball and therefore had less clear cut chances. Dundalk scored before halftime in the 31st minute.
Longford Town's recent game against St Patrick's Athl. ended in a home 1-3 loss. Longford Town's strikers were frustrated by the lack of good chances. Longford Town deserved to score in the second half and did so in the 47th minute.
Since the start of the season, Dundalk is more dominant at home. They have four wins out of 10 games on home soil. Although Dundalk is among the most solid home teams in the league, they are far from perfect. Their defence is not as good as expected with just 10% home clean sheets.
Longford Town has picked up 4 points from the previous six league games. They still have a lot to prove when playing away from home. Longford Town wins 0.50 points per away game, a bit less than their home record shows. To improve results, they have to be more compact in defence. Longford Town kept a clean sheet in just 0% of their visits.
It is not a surprise that the hosts stand out as a favourite to win this one. Recently they enjoy playing at home, having won two consecutive matches. Dundalk is currently unbeaten at home in three games. Since the start of the season, they have just four home defeats.
This season hasn't unfolded as planned, and Longford Town haven't tasted an away victory at all. The visitors have lost 50% of all games on the road while conceding on average 1.80 goals in the process.
I am confident that the hosts will prove their worth and triumph with another home victory. Dundalk wins on average 1.40 points per home game, compared to 0.50 points per away game for Longford Town. My prediction is Dundalk to win.
Dundalk vs Longford Town Betting Tips
Dundalk vs Longford Town Head to Head
Average stats between Dundalk and Longford Town in most recent 7 outings in the Republic of Ireland Premier Division.
Dundalk vs Longford Town Stats
Results and League Table
Average stats between Dundalk and Longford Town across current season. Calculated from Dundalk's Home stats and Longford Town's Away stats.
Republic of Ireland Premier Division Form
- Coming into this game, Dundalk has picked up 10 points from the last 5 games, both home and away. That's 2 points per game on average. BTTS has landed in an intriguing 3 of those games. Dundalk has scored 6 times in the last 5 fixtures.
- Dundalk has enjoyed playing at home recently, with the side currently unbeaten in 3 games.
- Longford Town's defence will have to be at their best today if they're to stop Dundalk from scoring. The home side has scored in the last 5 games in front of their own fans. They have failed to score in 2 home matches this season.
- Dundalk will be looking to keep up the momentum today against Longford Town, having lost just 1 game from the last 5. They have won 3 and drawn 1
- In the last 5 matches for Dundalk, 3 of those games has ended with both teams scoring. This season 14 matches (70% of all matches) involving Dundalk has seen BTTS landing.
- It's likely that Dundalk will score today, as they have netted in the last 10 games coming into this one and have scored 6 goals in the last five games.
- Coming into this game, Longford Town has picked up 3 points from the last 5 games, both home and away. That's 0.6 points per game on average. BTTS has landed in an intriguing 4 of those games. Longford Town has scored 4 times in the last 5 fixtures.
- Longford Town has enjoyed playing away from home recently, with the side currently unbeaten in 3 games.
- Longford Town has put together a good run of form and has now gone 2 games without defeat.
- Can Longford Town turn this around? They have not won in the last 5 games coming into this, with 3 draws and 2 defeats.
- Longford Town has fired blanks in 9 games this season. That's 43% of games where they have not been able to find the back of the net. Do they need a new forward? In the last 5 games, they have scored an intriguing 4 goals.
- In the last 5 matches for Longford Town, 4 of those games has ended with both teams scoring. This season 11 matches (52% of all matches) involving Longford Town has seen BTTS landing.
|Total / L6||Home||Away|
|Win %||35% / 67%||40 %||30 %|
|Draw %||30% / 17%||20 %||40 %|
|Loss %||35% / 17%||40 %||30 %|
|AVG Goals||2.60 / 2.83||2.30||2.90|
|Scored||1.25 / 1.83||1.10||1.40|
|Conceded||1.35 / 1.00||1.20||1.50|
|BTTS %||70% / 50%||70 %||70 %|
|BTTS Win||15% / 17%||30 %||0 %|
|BTTS Loss||25% / 17%||20 %||30 %|
|Scored in Both||30% / 33%||30 %||30 %|
|Scores %||90% / 100%||80 %||100 %|
|Clean Sheet %||20% / 50%||10 %||30 %|
|Frist Goal %||55% / 83%||50 %||60 %|
|Possession %||52% / 53%||54 %||51 %|
|Corners||5.95 / 7.25||6.90||5.00|
|Cards||2.11 / 1.33||1.78||2.40|
|Offsides||1.50 / 0.00||1.00||2.00|
|Fouls||11.50 / 0.00||7.00||16.00|
|Shots||11.25 / 12.00||12.70||9.80|
|Shots on Target||5.05 / 6.25||5.20||4.90|
|Total / L6||Home||Away|
|Win %||5% / 0%||9 %||0 %|
|Draw %||38% / 67%||27 %||50 %|
|Loss %||57% / 33%||64 %||50 %|
|AVG Goals||2.38 / 2.00||2.18||2.60|
|Scored||0.71 / 0.83||0.64||0.80|
|Conceded||1.67 / 1.17||1.55||1.80|
|BTTS %||52% / 83%||36 %||70 %|
|BTTS Win||0% / 0%||0 %||0 %|
|BTTS Loss||19% / 17%||18 %||20 %|
|Scored in Both||5% / 0%||9 %||0 %|
|Scores %||57% / 83%||45 %||70 %|
|Clean Sheet %||10% / 0%||18 %||0 %|
|Frist Goal %||33% / 50%||18 %||50 %|
|Possession %||44% / 44%||46 %||42 %|
|Corners||3.30 / 3.20||3.45||3.11|
|Cards||1.47 / 1.50||1.55||1.38|
|Offsides||1.33 / 0.00||1.33||0.00|
|Fouls||13.00 / 8.00||13.00||0.00|
|Shots||7.00 / 7.00||6.82||7.22|
|Shots on Target||3.05 / 3.20||2.73||3.44|
Over 2.5 Goals and BTTS
Number of Corners
First Half Corners
Second Half Corners
Number of Cards
First Half Cards
Second Half Cards
Dundalk vs Longford Town Odds
|HT 1||1.83||HT X||2.50||HT 2||7.70|
|Home Win Nil||2.00||Away Win Nil||10.00|
|Over 2.5||1.67||Under 2.5||2.05|
|BTTS Yes||2.10||BTTS NO||1.69|
|Over 9.5 Corners||1.80||Under 9.5 Corners||1.91|