Dungannon Swifts will welcome Linfield to Stangmore Park for a matchday 21 fixture in Northern Ireland NIFL Premiership. The last meeting on 30th October 2021 ended in a Linfield 3-0 win. Both sides have met twenty-six times in the most recent seasons. Dungannon Swifts has won 1 match, and Linfield triumphed in 22. Recent outings average 3.08 goals, while both teams score 27% of the time.
Dungannon Swifts's latest fixture against Warrenpoint Town ended in an away 2-1 win. Dungannon Swifts was very effective while counter-attacking. In the end, it was enough to make the difference between the two teams. Dungannon Swifts was much better than Warrenpoint Town in the second half and scored in the 65th and 85th minute.
Linfield's recent game against Glentoran ended in a home 1-1 draw. One point was the maximum they could have won with that display. Linfield put in a decent first-half display and scored in the 36th minute.
So far, Dungannon Swifts plays better on the road than at home. They win 1.00 points per away game on average compared to 0.83 points at home. Although Dungannon Swifts is among the most solid home teams in the league, they are far from perfect. Their defence is not as good as expected with just 8% home clean sheets.
Linfield has picked up 14 points from the previous six league games. They still have a lot to prove when playing away from home. Linfield wins 2.08 points per away game, a bit less than their home record shows.
The hosts will have to work hard to get a good result. Dungannon Swifts has won just 25% of home games. On average they score 1.42 goals and concede 2.67 per game. Linfield is one of the best teams in the league. On paper, they have a great squad and I expect them to make life difficult for their opponent.
The visitors have a better record and I have to back them. Dungannon Swifts wins on average 0.83 points per home game. I am not sure they have what it takes to compete against Linfield. My prediction is Linfield to win.
I expect a thrilling contest with plenty of goals. Both sides score and concede on average 3.05 goals per game. Over 2.5 goals were scored in an average of 60% of Dungannon Swifts's home and Linfield's away games. My prediction is Over 2.5 Goals.
Dungannon Swifts vs Linfield Betting Tips
Dungannon Swifts vs Linfield Head to Head
Average stats between Dungannon Swifts and Linfield in most recent 26 outings in the Northern Ireland NIFL Premiership.
Dungannon Swifts vs Linfield Stats
Results and League Table
Average stats between Dungannon Swifts and Linfield across current season. Calculated from Dungannon Swifts's Home stats and Linfield's Away stats.
Northern Ireland NIFL Premiership Form
- Coming into this game, Dungannon Swifts has picked up 4 points from the last 5 games, both home and away. That's 0.8 points per game on average. BTTS has landed in just 2 of those games. Dungannon Swifts has scored 4 times in the last 5 fixtures.
- It's possible we will see a couple of goals here, with the last 19 games for Dungannon Swifts ending with 2 goals or more being scored.
- Things have not been going that well in front of goal for Dungannon Swifts recently, with the side failing to score in 3 of the last 5 games. Will the manager change his tactics today, or throw in another forward?
- Dungannon Swifts has fired blanks in 9 games this season. That's 47% of games where they have not been able to find the back of the net. Do they need a new forward? In the last 5 games, they have scored just 4 goals.
- Just 2 of the last 5 games for Dungannon Swifts has ended with both teams scoring. They have won 1 of those 5 games. Overall, BTTS has landed in 9/19 games for Dungannon Swifts this season.
- Coming into this game, Linfield has picked up 11 points from the last 5 games, both home and away. That's 2.2 points per game on average. BTTS has landed in an intriguing 3 of those games. Linfield has scored 6 times in the last 5 fixtures.
- Linfield has enjoyed playing away from home recently, with the side currently unbeaten in 3 games.
- Momentum is really building for Linfield as they have now gone 8 games without losing. They have won 3 of the last 5 games they have played.
- Linfield is unbeaten in the last 5 games coming into this fixture against Dungannon Swifts, having won 3 and drawn 2. They have scored 6 goals in those 5 games.
- In the last 5 matches for Linfield, 3 of those games has ended with both teams scoring. This season 8 matches (40% of all matches) involving Linfield has seen BTTS landing.
- It's likely that Linfield will score today, as they have netted in the last 9 games coming into this one and have scored 6 goals in the last five games.
|Total / L6||Home||Away|
|Win %||29% / 17%||25 %||33 %|
|Draw %||4% / 0%||8 %||0 %|
|Loss %||67% / 83%||67 %||67 %|
|AVG Goals||3.88 / 3.17||4.08||3.67|
|Scored||1.33 / 0.50||1.42||1.25|
|Conceded||2.54 / 2.67||2.67||2.42|
|BTTS %||54% / 33%||58 %||50 %|
|BTTS Win||21% / 0%||17 %||25 %|
|BTTS Loss||28% / 33%||33 %||25 %|
|Scored in Both||38% / 0%||42 %||33 %|
|Scores %||62% / 50%||67 %||58 %|
|Clean Sheet %||8% / 17%||8 %||8 %|
|Frist Goal %||42% / 50%||42 %||42 %|
|Possession %||49% / 41%||51 %||48 %|
|Corners||4.00 / 5.20||4.42||3.55|
|Cards||2.57 / 1.40||2.82||2.30|
|Offsides||0.00 / 0.00||0.00||0.00|
|Fouls||14.00 / 0.00||0.00||14.00|
|Shots||10.13 / 5.00||10.58||9.64|
|Shots on Target||4.65 / 2.00||5.00||4.27|
|Total / L6||Home||Away|
|Win %||63% / 83%||67 %||58 %|
|Draw %||33% / 17%||33 %||33 %|
|Loss %||4% / 0%||0 %||8 %|
|AVG Goals||2.42 / 2.83||2.00||2.83|
|Scored||1.88 / 2.50||1.67||2.08|
|Conceded||0.54 / 0.33||0.33||0.75|
|BTTS %||42% / 33%||33 %||50 %|
|BTTS Win||13% / 17%||0 %||25 %|
|BTTS Loss||4% / 0%||0 %||8 %|
|Scored in Both||25% / 33%||17 %||33 %|
|Scores %||92% / 100%||100 %||83 %|
|Clean Sheet %||58% / 67%||67 %||50 %|
|Frist Goal %||75% / 100%||100 %||50 %|
|Possession %||55% / 56%||57 %||54 %|
|Corners||7.50 / 9.00||7.08||8.00|
|Cards||1.55 / 1.00||1.45||1.67|
|Offsides||3.00 / 0.00||0.00||3.00|
|Fouls||12.00 / 0.00||0.00||12.00|
|Shots||9.17 / 11.50||10.00||8.27|
|Shots on Target||5.17 / 6.75||5.83||4.45|
Over 2.5 Goals and BTTS
Number of Corners
First Half Corners
Second Half Corners
Number of Cards
First Half Cards
Second Half Cards
Dungannon Swifts vs Linfield Odds
|HT 1||9.10||HT X||3.02||HT 2||1.53|
|Home Win Nil||12.00||Away Win Nil||1.83|
|Over 2.5||1.36||Under 2.5||2.90|
|BTTS Yes||1.92||BTTS NO||1.82|
|Over 9.5 Corners||1.39||Under 9.5 Corners||2.77|