- Belgium Pro League
- 17:30 Royal Antwerp FC vs Club Brugge England Premier League
- 18:00 Aston Villa vs Everton Iceland Úrvalsdeild
- 20:15 FH vs ÍA
- 20:15 Valur vs HK
- 20:15 Stjarnan vs Víkingur Reykjavík
- 20:15 Breidablik vs Keflavík Italy Serie A
- 19:45 Crotone vs Hellas Verona Italy Serie B
- 20:00 Venezia vs Chievo Norway Eliteserien
- 19:00 Rosenborg vs Viking Spain La Liga
- 18:00 Real Valladolid vs Villarreal
- 19:00 SD Eibar vs Real Betis
- 21:00 Granada CF vs Real Madrid Sweden Allsvenskan
- 17:30 AIK vs Malmö FF
- 17:30 Norrköping vs Degerfors Venezuela Primera División
- 22:00 Yaracuyanos vs Carabobo
Exeter City will welcome Newport County to St James Park for a matchday 44 fixture in England EFL League Two. The last meeting on 16th February 2021 ended in a 1-1 draw. Both sides have met twelve times in the most recent seasons. Exeter City has won 4 matches, and Newport County triumphed in 3. Recent outings average 2.00 goals, while both teams score 58% of the time.
Exeter City's latest fixture against Forest Green Rovers ended in an away 0-0 draw. I expected more from their creative midfielders, but it just wasn't their day.
Newport County's recent game against Crawley Town ended in a home 2-0 win. Exiles dominated the game and deserved the win. Newport County pushed forward in the second half and scored in the 52nd and 90+10 minute.
Since the start of the season, Exeter City is more dominant at home. They have eleven wins out of 23 games on home soil. Exeter City's good defensive display is key to their success. They didn't concede in 39% of home games.
Newport County has picked up 11 points from the previous six league games. They still have a lot to prove when playing away from home. Newport County wins 1.26 points per away game, a bit less than their home record shows. To improve results, they have to be more compact in defence. Newport County kept a clean sheet in just 30% of their visits.
It is not a surprise that the hosts stand out as a favourite to win this one. Exeter City is currently unbeaten at home in six games. Since the start of the season, they have just five home defeats.
Exiles failed to win in five consecutive away games. It will be a big surprise to turn up on Saturday and win against Exeter City.
I am confident that the hosts will prove their worth and triumph with another home victory. Exeter City wins on average 1.74 points per home game, compared to 1.26 points per away game for Newport County. My prediction is Exeter City to win.
Still, I expect a close game and don't think that we will see a lot of goals. Both sides score and concede on average 2.54 goals per game. Over 2.5 goals were scored in an average of 44% of Exeter City's home and Newport County's away games. My prediction is Under 2.5 Goals.
Exeter City vs Newport County Betting Tips
Exeter City vs Newport County Head to Head
Average stats between Exeter City and Newport County in most recent 12 outings in the England EFL League Two.
Exeter City vs Newport County Stats
Results and League Table
Average stats between Exeter City and Newport County across current season. Calculated from Exeter City's Home stats and Newport County's Away stats.
England EFL League Two Form
- Coming into this game, Exeter City has picked up 9 points from the last 5 games, both home and away. That's 1.8 points per game on average. BTTS has landed in an intriguing 3 of those games. Exeter City has scored 6 times in the last 5 fixtures.
- Superb stuff from Exeter City at home, where they are currently unbeaten in 6 games. Can they go another game without defeat?
- Momentum is really building for Exeter City as they have now gone 6 games without losing. They have won 2 of the last 5 games they have played.
- Exeter City is unbeaten in the last 5 games coming into this fixture against Newport County, having won 2 and drawn 3. They have scored 6 goals in those 5 games.
- Things have not been going that well in front of goal for Exeter City recently, with the side failing to score in 2 of the last 5 games. Will the manager change his tactics today, or throw in another forward?
- In the last 5 matches for Exeter City, 3 of those games has ended with both teams scoring. This season 26 matches (57% of all matches) involving Exeter City has seen BTTS landing.
- Coming into this game, Newport County has picked up 11 points from the last 5 games, both home and away. That's 2.2 points per game on average. BTTS has landed in just 1 of those games. Newport County has scored 8 times in the last 5 fixtures.
- Newport County has enjoyed playing away from home recently, with the side currently unbeaten in 3 games.
- Momentum is really building for Newport County as they have now gone 5 games without losing. They have won 3 of the last 5 games they have played.
- Newport County has kept 4 clean sheets in the last 5 games, conceding 1 goals during this period. Overall this season, their defence has kept a clean sheet on 17 occasions.
- Newport County is unbeaten in the last 5 games coming into this fixture against Exeter City, having won 3 and drawn 2. They have scored 8 goals in those 5 games.
- Just 1 of the last 5 games for Newport County has ended with both teams scoring. They have won 3 of those 5 games. Overall, BTTS has landed in 24/46 games for Newport County this season.
|Total / L6||Home||Away|
|Win %||39% / 17%||48 %||30 %|
|Draw %||35% / 50%||30 %||39 %|
|Loss %||26% / 33%||22 %||30 %|
|AVG Goals||2.63 / 2.00||2.52||2.74|
|Scored||1.54 / 0.83||1.65||1.43|
|Conceded||1.09 / 1.17||0.87||1.30|
|BTTS %||57% / 50%||48 %||65 %|
|BTTS Win||24% / 17%||26 %||22 %|
|BTTS Loss||13% / 0%||9 %||17 %|
|Scored in Both||33% / 17%||30 %||35 %|
|Scores %||72% / 50%||70 %||74 %|
|Clean Sheet %||30% / 17%||39 %||22 %|
|Frist Goal %||43% / 33%||52 %||35 %|
|Possession %||54% / 52%||55 %||54 %|
|Corners||5.74 / 4.00||5.57||5.91|
|Cards||1.13 / 0.33||1.09||1.17|
|Offsides||1.82 / 1.00||2.00||1.64|
|Fouls||8.91 / 7.50||8.74||9.09|
|Shots||12.07 / 13.20||12.52||11.61|
|Shots on Target||5.24 / 4.60||5.35||5.13|
|Total / L6||Home||Away|
|Win %||43% / 0%||57 %||30 %|
|Draw %||28% / 67%||22 %||35 %|
|Loss %||28% / 33%||22 %||35 %|
|AVG Goals||2.15 / 2.83||1.91||2.39|
|Scored||1.24 / 1.17||1.17||1.30|
|Conceded||0.91 / 1.67||0.74||1.09|
|BTTS %||52% / 83%||39 %||65 %|
|BTTS Win||15% / 0%||26 %||4 %|
|BTTS Loss||17% / 33%||4 %||30 %|
|Scored in Both||15% / 0%||17 %||13 %|
|Scores %||80% / 83%||70 %||91 %|
|Clean Sheet %||37% / 17%||43 %||30 %|
|Frist Goal %||61% / 67%||52 %||70 %|
|Possession %||52% / 48%||55 %||50 %|
|Corners||5.02 / 5.20||5.65||4.36|
|Cards||1.33 / 1.17||1.30||1.35|
|Offsides||1.59 / 0.80||1.80||1.37|
|Fouls||8.86 / 6.80||8.17||9.65|
|Shots||12.87 / 11.40||14.17||11.50|
|Shots on Target||4.60 / 3.40||4.74||4.45|
Over 2.5 Goals and BTTS
Number of Corners
First Half Corners
Second Half Corners
Number of Cards
First Half Cards
Second Half Cards
Exeter City vs Newport County Odds
|HT 1||2.88||HT X||2.05||HT 2||4.00|
|Home Win Nil||3.15||Away Win Nil||5.25|
|Over 2.5||2.30||Under 2.5||1.61|
|BTTS Yes||2.00||BTTS NO||1.74|
|Over 9.5 Corners||1.90||Under 9.5 Corners||1.90|