- Bolivia LFPB
- 20:00 Guabirá vs San José Brazil Serie B
- 23:00 Sampaio Corrêa vs Brusque England EFL League One
- 19:45 Crewe Alexandra vs Morecambe
- 19:45 Gillingham vs Charlton Athletic
- 19:45 Portsmouth vs Plymouth Argyle England EFL League Two
- 19:45 Crawley Town vs Harrogate Town England National League
- 19:45 Dover Athletic vs Solihull Moors France Ligue 2
- 19:00 Ajaccio vs Niort
- 19:00 Amiens SC vs Pau
- 19:00 Auxerre vs Rodez
- 19:00 Caen vs Dijon
- 19:00 Dunkerque vs Toulouse
- 19:00 Grenoble Foot 38 vs Nancy
- 19:00 Guingamp vs Sochaux
- 19:00 Le Havre vs Quevilly Rouen
- 19:00 Paris vs Nîmes
- 19:00 Valenciennes vs Bastia Italy Serie A
- 17:30 Bologna vs Genoa
- 19:45 Atalanta vs Sassuolo
- 19:45 Fiorentina vs Inter Milan Italy Serie B
- 19:30 Crotone vs Lecce
- 19:30 Pisa vs Monza
- 19:30 Pordenone vs Reggina
- 19:30 SPAL vs Vicenza
- 19:30 Cosenza vs Como Netherlands Eredivisie
- 17:45 Fortuna Sittard vs Ajax
- 20:00 RKC Waalwijk vs Willem II Spain La Liga
- 18:30 Getafe CF vs Atlético Madrid
- 21:00 Athletic Club Bilbao vs Rayo Vallecano Sweden Superettan
- 18:00 Helsingborg vs Jönköpings Södra Switzerland Challenge League
- 19:30 Aarau vs Wil Switzerland Super League
- 19:30 Zürich vs Servette Turkey Süper Lig
- 18:00 Beşiktaş vs Adana Demirspor
- 18:00 Yeni Malatyaspor vs Sivasspor
Basel will welcome Young Boys to St. Jakob-Park for a matchday 5 fixture in Switzerland Super League. The last meeting on 8th May 2021 ended in a Young Boys 2-0 win. Both sides have met thirty-seven times in the most recent seasons. Basel has won 14 matches, and Young Boys triumphed in 14. Recent outings average 3.24 goals, while both teams score 65% of the time.
Basel's latest fixture against Lausanne Sport ended in an away 2-2 draw. I expected more from their creative midfielders, but it just wasn't their day. Basel was much better than Lausanne Sport in the second half and scored in the 45+3 and 59th minute.
Young Boys's previous game in the competition versus Sion ended in an away 1-0 loss. Young Boys didn't turn up and failed to create clear cut chances for most of the game.
Since the start of the season, Basel is more dominant at home. They have two wins out of 3 games on home soil. Although Basel is among the most solid home teams in the league, they are far from perfect. Their defence is not as good as expected with just 0% home clean sheets.
Young Boys has picked up 8 points from the previous five league games. They still have a lot to prove when playing away from home. Young Boys wins 1.33 points per away game, a bit less than their home record shows. To improve results, they have to be more compact in defence. Young Boys kept a clean sheet in just 0% of their visits.
It is hard to choose a favourite in this one. Both teams look evenly-matched and have their strengths. I am not willing to take a risk and prefer a double chance bet. My prediction is Draw or Young Boys.
Basel vs Young Boys Betting Tips
Basel vs Young Boys Head to Head
Average stats between Basel and Young Boys in most recent 37 outings in the Switzerland Super League.
Basel vs Young Boys Stats
Results and League Table
Average stats between Basel and Young Boys across current season. Calculated from Basel's Home stats and Young Boys's Away stats.
Switzerland Super League Form
- Coming into this game, Basel has picked up 9 points from the last 5 games, both home and away. That's 1.8 points per game on average. BTTS has landed in an intriguing 5 of those games. Basel has scored 15 times in the last 5 fixtures.
- Basel has enjoyed playing at home recently, with the side currently unbeaten in 3 games.
- Basel will be confident of scoring today and will look to keep up their record of scoring in every single home game this season.
- Momentum is really building for Basel as they have now gone 6 games without losing. They have won 2 of the last 5 games they have played.
- It's possible we will see a couple of goals here, with the last 6 games for Basel ending with 2 goals or more being scored.
- Basel is unbeaten in the last 5 games coming into this fixture against Young Boys, having won 2 and drawn 3. They have scored 15 goals in those 5 games.
- The last 5 games for Basel has each seen both teams scoring. Will they improve their defence, or will we see more of the same here? This season Basel has seen a total of 5/6 fixtures end with both teams scoring. That's 83% of all matches played.
- It's likely that Basel will score today, as they have netted in the last 6 games coming into this one and have scored 15 goals in the last five games.
- Coming into this game, Young Boys has picked up 8 points from the last 5 games, both home and away. That's 1.6 points per game on average. BTTS has landed in just 2 of those games. Young Boys has scored 9 times in the last 5 fixtures.
- Young Boys has put together a good run of form and has now gone 2 games without defeat.
- Young Boys will be looking to keep up the momentum today against Basel, having lost just 1 game from the last 5. They have won 2 and drawn 2
- Things have not been going that well in front of goal for Young Boys recently, with the side failing to score in 2 of the last 5 games. Will the manager change his tactics today, or throw in another forward?
- Young Boys has fired blanks in 2 games this season. That's 40% of games where they have not been able to find the back of the net. Do they need a new forward? In the last 5 games, they have scored just 9 goals.
- Just 2 of the last 5 games for Young Boys has ended with both teams scoring. They have won 2 of those 5 games. Overall, BTTS has landed in 2/5 games for Young Boys this season.
|Total / L6||Home||Away|
|Win %||50% / 17%||67 %||33 %|
|Draw %||50% / 67%||33 %||67 %|
|Loss %||0% / 17%||0 %||0 %|
|AVG Goals||3.83 / 2.67||5.00||2.67|
|Scored||2.83 / 1.33||4.00||1.67|
|Conceded||1.00 / 1.33||1.00||1.00|
|BTTS %||83% / 83%||100 %||67 %|
|BTTS Win||33% / 17%||67 %||0 %|
|BTTS Loss||0% / 17%||0 %||0 %|
|Scored in Both||50% / 33%||67 %||33 %|
|Scores %||100% / 83%||100 %||100 %|
|Clean Sheet %||17% / 17%||0 %||33 %|
|Frist Goal %||67% / 33%||67 %||67 %|
|Possession %||55% / 56%||56 %||53 %|
|Corners||5.67 / 5.17||6.00||5.33|
|Cards||2.00 / 2.00||2.00||2.00|
|Offsides||2.50 / 2.00||3.33||1.67|
|Fouls||10.67 / 9.50||10.67||10.67|
|Shots||14.83 / 11.67||18.00||11.67|
|Shots on Target||7.33 / 5.17||9.00||5.67|
|Total / L6||Home||Away|
|Win %||40% / 83%||50 %||33 %|
|Draw %||40% / 17%||50 %||33 %|
|Loss %||20% / 0%||0 %||33 %|
|AVG Goals||2.80 / 4.50||2.00||3.33|
|Scored||1.80 / 3.33||2.00||1.67|
|Conceded||1.00 / 1.17||0.00||1.67|
|BTTS %||40% / 83%||0 %||67 %|
|BTTS Win||20% / 67%||0 %||33 %|
|BTTS Loss||0% / 0%||0 %||0 %|
|Scored in Both||40% / 67%||50 %||33 %|
|Scores %||60% / 100%||50 %||67 %|
|Clean Sheet %||40% / 17%||100 %||0 %|
|Frist Goal %||60% / 67%||50 %||67 %|
|Possession %||58% / 48%||66 %||53 %|
|Corners||8.00 / 6.00||9.50||7.00|
|Cards||2.60 / 3.00||1.50||3.33|
|Offsides||1.60 / 1.60||1.50||1.67|
|Fouls||11.80 / 13.40||9.00||13.67|
|Shots||15.60 / 13.80||18.50||13.67|
|Shots on Target||6.20 / 5.60||8.00||5.00|
Over 2.5 Goals and BTTS
Number of Corners
First Half Corners
Second Half Corners
Number of Cards
First Half Cards
Second Half Cards
Basel vs Young Boys Odds
|HT 1||3.10||HT X||2.25||HT 2||2.90|
|Home Win Nil||6.00||Away Win Nil||6.00|
|Over 2.5||1.55||Under 2.5||2.30|
|BTTS Yes||1.50||BTTS NO||2.55|
|Over 9.5 Corners||1.74||Under 9.5 Corners||2.02|