Chiasso will welcome Neuchâtel Xamax to Stadio Comunale di Chiasso for a matchday 36 fixture in Switzerland Challenge League. The last meeting on 2nd March 2021 ended in a Neuchâtel Xamax 2-1 win. Both sides have met fifteen times in the most recent seasons. Chiasso has won 3 matches, and Neuchâtel Xamax triumphed in 11. Recent outings average 2.73 goals, while both teams score 47% of the time.
Chiasso's latest fixture against FC Schaffhausen ended in an away 1-1 draw. They were not spectacular, so this result seems fair. Chiasso was more dominant in the second half and scored in the 76 minute.
Neuchâtel Xamax's recent game against Grasshopper ended in a home 1-1 draw. The midfielders disappointed the rest of the squad. They constantly failed to keep possession and didn't create much for the strikers. Neuchâtel Xamax put in a decent first-half display and scored in the 26th minute.
Since the start of the season, Chiasso is more dominant at home. They have seven wins out of 18 games on home soil. Although Chiasso is among the most solid home teams in the league, they are far from perfect. Their defence is not as good as expected with just 22% home clean sheets.
Neuchâtel Xamax has picked up 6 points from the previous six league games. They still have a lot to prove when playing away from home. Neuchâtel Xamax wins 0.67 points per away game, a bit less than their home record shows. To improve results, they have to be more compact in defence. Neuchâtel Xamax kept a clean sheet in just 11% of their visits.
It is hard to choose a favourite in this one. Both teams look evenly-matched and have their strengths. I am not willing to take a risk and prefer a double chance bet. My prediction is Chiasso or Draw.
Both teams struggle in defence and concede on regular occasions. Chiasso failed to keep a clean sheet in 22% of home games, while Neuchâtel Xamax conceded in 11% of away games. On average, both teams score in 44% of Chiasso's home and Neuchâtel Xamax's away games. My prediction is Both Teams to Score: Yes.
Chiasso vs Neuchâtel Xamax Betting Tips
Chiasso vs Neuchâtel Xamax Head to Head
Average stats between Chiasso and Neuchâtel Xamax in most recent 15 outings in the Switzerland Challenge League.
Chiasso vs Neuchâtel Xamax Stats
Results and League Table
Average stats between Chiasso and Neuchâtel Xamax across current season. Calculated from Chiasso's Home stats and Neuchâtel Xamax's Away stats.
Switzerland Challenge League Form
- Coming into this game, Chiasso has picked up 7 points from the last 5 games, both home and away. That's 1.4 points per game on average. BTTS has landed in an intriguing 4 of those games. Chiasso has scored 7 times in the last 5 fixtures.
- Chiasso is in great form, and the home fans will be loving it. They have won the last 3 games that they have played at home.
- Superb stuff from Chiasso at home, where they are currently unbeaten in 10 games. Can they go another game without defeat?
- Neuchâtel Xamax's defence will have to be at their best today if they're to stop Chiasso from scoring. The home side has scored in the last 4 games in front of their own fans. They have failed to score in 7 home matches this season.
- Chiasso has put together a good run of form and has now gone 2 games without defeat.
- It's possible we will see a couple of goals here, with the last 8 games for Chiasso ending with 2 goals or more being scored.
- Chiasso has fired blanks in 14 games this season. That's 39% of games where they have not been able to find the back of the net. Do they need a new forward? In the last 5 games, they have scored an intriguing 7 goals.
- In the last 5 matches for Chiasso, 4 of those games has ended with both teams scoring. This season 18 matches (50% of all matches) involving Chiasso has seen BTTS landing.
- It's likely that Chiasso will score today, as they have netted in the last 4 games coming into this one and have scored 7 goals in the last five games.
- Coming into this game, Neuchâtel Xamax has picked up 6 points from the last 5 games, both home and away. That's 1.2 points per game on average. BTTS has landed in an intriguing 4 of those games. Neuchâtel Xamax has scored 6 times in the last 5 fixtures.
- It's possible we will see a couple of goals here, with the last 4 games for Neuchâtel Xamax ending with 2 goals or more being scored.
- Neuchâtel Xamax will be looking to keep up the momentum today against Chiasso, having lost just 1 game from the last 5. They have won 1 and drawn 3
- Neuchâtel Xamax has fired blanks in 16 games this season. That's 44% of games where they have not been able to find the back of the net. Do they need a new forward? In the last 5 games, they have scored an intriguing 6 goals.
- In the last 5 matches for Neuchâtel Xamax, 4 of those games has ended with both teams scoring. This season 15 matches (42% of all matches) involving Neuchâtel Xamax has seen BTTS landing.
- It's likely that Neuchâtel Xamax will score today, as they have netted in the last 5 games coming into this one and have scored 6 goals in the last five games.
|Total / L6||Home||Away|
|Win %||25% / 33%||39 %||11 %|
|Draw %||25% / 0%||33 %||17 %|
|Loss %||50% / 67%||28 %||72 %|
|AVG Goals||2.64 / 3.00||2.39||2.89|
|Scored||0.97 / 1.17||1.11||0.83|
|Conceded||1.67 / 1.83||1.28||2.06|
|BTTS %||50% / 33%||50 %||50 %|
|BTTS Win||14% / 17%||28 %||0 %|
|BTTS Loss||19% / 17%||0 %||39 %|
|Scored in Both||17% / 33%||22 %||11 %|
|Scores %||61% / 50%||61 %||61 %|
|Clean Sheet %||19% / 17%||22 %||17 %|
|Frist Goal %||33% / 17%||44 %||22 %|
|Possession %||47% / 50%||48 %||46 %|
|Corners||4.42 / 5.33||4.78||4.06|
|Cards||3.08 / 2.67||3.00||3.17|
|Offsides||2.26 / 1.50||1.94||2.56|
|Fouls||13.34 / 14.50||13.29||13.39|
|Shots||9.67 / 8.33||11.39||7.94|
|Shots on Target||4.31 / 4.17||5.28||3.33|
|Total / L6||Home||Away|
|Win %||28% / 17%||39 %||17 %|
|Draw %||17% / 0%||17 %||17 %|
|Loss %||56% / 83%||44 %||67 %|
|AVG Goals||2.61 / 2.33||2.50||2.72|
|Scored||1.00 / 0.50||1.17||0.83|
|Conceded||1.61 / 1.83||1.33||1.89|
|BTTS %||42% / 17%||39 %||44 %|
|BTTS Win||14% / 0%||17 %||11 %|
|BTTS Loss||17% / 17%||11 %||22 %|
|Scored in Both||14% / 17%||17 %||11 %|
|Scores %||56% / 33%||61 %||50 %|
|Clean Sheet %||19% / 17%||28 %||11 %|
|Frist Goal %||28% / 17%||33 %||22 %|
|Possession %||47% / 46%||47 %||46 %|
|Corners||4.25 / 4.67||4.06||4.44|
|Cards||2.50 / 2.33||2.06||2.94|
|Offsides||2.06 / 1.60||2.18||1.94|
|Fouls||13.12 / 14.80||12.24||14.06|
|Shots||8.50 / 8.17||9.06||7.94|
|Shots on Target||4.00 / 4.17||4.44||3.56|
Over 2.5 Goals and BTTS
Number of Corners
First Half Corners
Second Half Corners
Number of Cards
First Half Cards
Second Half Cards
Chiasso vs Neuchâtel Xamax Odds
|HT 1||3.00||HT X||2.25||HT 2||3.00|
|Home Win Nil||4.50||Away Win Nil||4.60|
|Over 2.5||1.59||Under 2.5||2.15|
|BTTS Yes||1.51||BTTS NO||2.30|
|Over 9.5 Corners||2.06||Under 9.5 Corners||1.74|