Lorient will welcome Metz to Stade Yves Allainmat - Le Moustoir for a matchday 37 fixture in France Ligue 1. The last meeting on 4th October 2020 ended in a Metz 3-1 win. Both sides have met eight times in the most recent seasons. Lorient has won 4 matches, and Metz triumphed in 2. Recent outings average 3.75 goals, while both teams score 63% of the time.
Lorient's latest fixture against Olympique Lyonnais ended in an away 4-1 loss. I expected more from Le FCL. The lack of focus in the final third cost them three points. Lorient was more dominant in the second half and scored in the 83rd minute.
Metz's recent game against Nîmes ended in a home 0-3 loss. Les Grenats had plenty of possession, but not so much in the final third of the pitch.
Since the start of the season, Lorient is more dominant at home. They have ten wins out of 19 games on home soil. Although Lorient is among the most solid home teams in the league, they are far from perfect. Their defence is not as good as expected with just 21% home clean sheets.
Metz has picked up 5 points from the previous six league games. It is quite intriguing that they prefer playing on the road. Metz has collected 1.42 points on average per away game, compared to 1.05 at home. To improve results, they have to be more compact in defence. Metz kept a clean sheet in just 21% of their visits.
It is not a surprise that the hosts stand out as a favourite to win this one. Recently they enjoy playing at home, having won four consecutive matches. Le FCL is currently unbeaten at home in six games. Since the start of the season, they have just seven home defeats.
Les Grenats is winless in one away game, having tasted defeat on their previous visit. However, they will need plenty of luck to avoid another one against Le FCL.
I am confident that the hosts will prove their worth and triumph with another home victory. Lorient wins on average 1.68 points per home game, compared to 1.42 points per away game for Metz. My prediction is Lorient to win.
Lorient vs Metz Betting Tips
Lorient vs Metz Head to Head
Average stats between Lorient and Metz in most recent 8 outings in the France Ligue 1.
Lorient vs Metz Stats
Results and League Table
Average stats between Lorient and Metz across current season. Calculated from Lorient's Home stats and Metz's Away stats.
France Ligue 1 Form
- Coming into this game, Lorient has picked up 10 points from the last 5 games, both home and away. That's 2 points per game on average. BTTS has landed in an intriguing 4 of those games. Lorient has scored 10 times in the last 5 fixtures.
- Lorient is in great form, and the home fans will be loving it. They have won the last 4 games that they have played at home.
- Superb stuff from Lorient at home, where they are currently unbeaten in 6 games. Can they go another game without defeat?
- Metz's defence will have to be at their best today if they're to stop Lorient from scoring. The home side has scored in the last 11 games in front of their own fans. They have failed to score in 4 home matches this season.
- Lorient has put together a good run of form and has now gone 2 games without defeat.
- It's possible we will see a couple of goals here, with the last 7 games for Lorient ending with 2 goals or more being scored.
- Lorient will be looking to keep up the momentum today against Metz, having lost just 1 game from the last 5. They have won 3 and drawn 1
- In the last 5 matches for Lorient, 4 of those games has ended with both teams scoring. This season 24 matches (63% of all matches) involving Lorient has seen BTTS landing.
- It's likely that Lorient will score today, as they have netted in the last 12 games coming into this one and have scored 10 goals in the last five games.
- Coming into this game, Metz has picked up 4 points from the last 5 games, both home and away. That's 0.8 points per game on average. BTTS has landed in an intriguing 4 of those games. Metz has scored 8 times in the last 5 fixtures.
- It's possible we will see a couple of goals here, with the last 5 games for Metz ending with 2 goals or more being scored.
- In the last 5 matches for Metz, 4 of those games has ended with both teams scoring. This season 20 matches (53% of all matches) involving Metz has seen BTTS landing.
|Total / L6||Home||Away|
|Win %||29% / 50%||53 %||5 %|
|Draw %||24% / 17%||11 %||37 %|
|Loss %||47% / 33%||37 %||58 %|
|AVG Goals||3.11 / 3.67||3.16||3.05|
|Scored||1.32 / 2.00||1.63||1.00|
|Conceded||1.79 / 1.67||1.53||2.05|
|BTTS %||63% / 83%||58 %||68 %|
|BTTS Win||18% / 33%||32 %||5 %|
|BTTS Loss||24% / 33%||16 %||32 %|
|Scored in Both||28% / 67%||42 %||16 %|
|Scores %||74% / 100%||79 %||68 %|
|Clean Sheet %||13% / 17%||21 %||5 %|
|Frist Goal %||37% / 67%||53 %||21 %|
|Possession %||45% / 41%||43 %||46 %|
|Corners||4.63 / 3.33||4.21||5.05|
|Cards||1.92 / 1.50||2.26||1.58|
|Offsides||1.21 / 1.17||1.53||0.89|
|Fouls||11.82 / 11.00||12.79||10.84|
|Shots||12.03 / 10.83||11.79||12.26|
|Shots on Target||4.63 / 4.67||4.89||4.37|
|Total / L6||Home||Away|
|Win %||32% / 17%||26 %||37 %|
|Draw %||29% / 33%||26 %||32 %|
|Loss %||39% / 50%||47 %||32 %|
|AVG Goals||2.42 / 3.00||2.37||2.47|
|Scored||1.16 / 1.33||1.00||1.32|
|Conceded||1.26 / 1.67||1.37||1.16|
|BTTS %||53% / 67%||53 %||53 %|
|BTTS Win||16% / 17%||11 %||21 %|
|BTTS Loss||13% / 33%||21 %||5 %|
|Scored in Both||24% / 17%||26 %||21 %|
|Scores %||68% / 67%||68 %||68 %|
|Clean Sheet %||21% / 17%||21 %||21 %|
|Frist Goal %||34% / 17%||32 %||37 %|
|Possession %||47% / 51%||50 %||43 %|
|Corners||4.24 / 1.67||5.47||3.00|
|Cards||2.37 / 1.83||2.00||2.74|
|Offsides||1.32 / 1.17||1.05||1.58|
|Fouls||12.82 / 14.17||13.21||12.42|
|Shots||11.68 / 9.83||13.78||9.68|
|Shots on Target||4.70 / 4.00||5.06||4.37|
Over 2.5 Goals and BTTS
Number of Corners
First Half Corners
Second Half Corners
Number of Cards
First Half Cards
Second Half Cards
Lorient vs Metz Odds
|HT 1||2.24||HT X||2.25||HT 2||5.40|
|Home Win Nil||2.60||Away Win Nil||7.75|
|Over 2.5||1.87||Under 2.5||1.91|
|BTTS Yes||1.83||BTTS NO||1.87|
|Over 9.5 Corners||2.06||Under 9.5 Corners||1.76|