- Algeria Ligue 1
- 17:00 Olympique Médéa vs NC Magra
- 17:45 MC Alger vs JS Saoura
- 19:00 JS Kabylie vs US Biskra Brazil Serie A
- 20:00 Flamengo vs América Mineiro
- 20:00 Atlético Mineiro vs São Paulo
- 20:00 Grêmio vs Atlético PR Brazil Serie B
- 20:00 Botafogo vs Remo EURO 2020
- 17:00 Austria vs FYR Macedonia
- 20:00 Netherlands vs Ukraine Finland Ykkönen
- 16:30 JIPPO vs Jaro Latvia Virsliga
- 17:00 Riga vs Noah Jūrmala Morocco Botola Pro
- 19:15 Hassania Agadir vs Wydad Casablanca
- 21:30 Raja Casablanca vs RSB Berkane Norway Eliteserien
- 17:00 Sarpsborg 08 vs Brann
- 17:00 FK Bodo - Glimt vs Mjøndalen
- 17:00 Lillestrøm vs Haugesund
- 17:00 Strømsgodset vs Rosenborg
- 19:00 Viking vs Vålerenga Spain Segunda División
- 20:00 Rayo Vallecano vs Girona FC Uruguay Primera División
- 16:30 Deportivo Maldonado vs Cerro Largo
- 19:30 Nacional vs Fénix
Luzern will welcome Lugano to swissporarena for a matchday 36 fixture in Switzerland Super League. The last meeting on 13th April 2021 ended in a Luzern 2-1 win. Both sides have met twenty-four times in the most recent seasons. Luzern has won 12 matches, and Lugano triumphed in 7. Recent outings average 2.79 goals, while both teams score 63% of the time.
Luzern's latest fixture against Young Boys ended in an away 5-2 loss. I expected more from Luzern. The lack of focus in the final third cost them three points. Luzern played outstanding football in the first half and scored in the 9th and 40th minute.
Lugano's recent game against Sion ended in a home 3-1 win. Although Bianconeri didn't match their opponent's intensity and quality while on possession, it was still enough. Lugano had good chances in both halves and scored in the 19th, 44th and 69th minute.
Since the start of the season, Luzern is more dominant at home. They have seven wins out of 18 games on home soil. Although Luzern is among the most solid home teams in the league, they are far from perfect. Their defence is not as good as expected with just 33% home clean sheets.
Lugano has picked up 6 points from the previous six league games. They still have a lot to prove when playing away from home. Lugano wins 1.33 points per away game, a bit less than their home record shows. To improve results, they have to be more compact in defence. Lugano kept a clean sheet in just 28% of their visits.
It is not a surprise that the hosts stand out as a favourite to win this one. Luzern lost the previous game at home but still have a lot of advantage over their opponent. They have won 39% of home games which gives them plenty of confidence for the upcoming fixture.
Bianconeri got the three points in their previous away games but are still off their best. Their away record does not convince me that they have what it takes to avoid defeat on Friday.
I am confident that the hosts will prove their worth and triumph with another home victory. Luzern wins on average 1.56 points per home game, compared to 1.33 points per away game for Lugano. My prediction is Luzern to win.
Both sides are dangerous going forward. Luzern has scored in 94% of home games. Lugano is a decent match and has scored in all away games. My prediction is Both Teams to Score: Yes.
Luzern vs Lugano Betting Tips
Luzern vs Lugano Head to Head
Average stats between Luzern and Lugano in most recent 24 outings in the Switzerland Super League.
Luzern vs Lugano Stats
Results and League Table
Average stats between Luzern and Lugano across current season. Calculated from Luzern's Home stats and Lugano's Away stats.
Switzerland Super League Form
- Coming into this game, Luzern has picked up 7 points from the last 5 games, both home and away. That's 1.4 points per game on average. BTTS has landed in an intriguing 4 of those games. Luzern has scored 9 times in the last 5 fixtures.
- Lugano's defence will have to be at their best today if they're to stop Luzern from scoring. The home side has scored in the last 12 games in front of their own fans. They have failed to score in 1 home matches this season.
- It's possible we will see a couple of goals here, with the last 6 games for Luzern ending with 2 goals or more being scored.
- In the last 5 matches for Luzern, 4 of those games has ended with both teams scoring. This season 28 matches (78% of all matches) involving Luzern has seen BTTS landing.
- It's likely that Luzern will score today, as they have netted in the last 7 games coming into this one and have scored 9 goals in the last five games.
- Coming into this game, Lugano has picked up 6 points from the last 5 games, both home and away. That's 1.2 points per game on average. BTTS has landed in just 2 of those games. Lugano has scored 5 times in the last 5 fixtures.
- Lugano has put together a good run of form and has now gone 2 games without defeat.
- It's possible we will see a couple of goals here, with the last 5 games for Lugano ending with 2 goals or more being scored.
- Things have not been going that well in front of goal for Lugano recently, with the side failing to score in 3 of the last 5 games. Will the manager change his tactics today, or throw in another forward?
- Just 2 of the last 5 games for Lugano has ended with both teams scoring. They have won 2 of those 5 games. Overall, BTTS has landed in 17/36 games for Lugano this season.
|Total / L6||Home||Away|
|Win %||33% / 33%||39 %||28 %|
|Draw %||28% / 17%||39 %||17 %|
|Loss %||39% / 50%||22 %||56 %|
|AVG Goals||3.36 / 2.67||3.28||3.44|
|Scored||1.72 / 1.33||2.00||1.44|
|Conceded||1.64 / 1.33||1.28||2.00|
|BTTS %||78% / 67%||67 %||89 %|
|BTTS Win||19% / 17%||11 %||28 %|
|BTTS Loss||36% / 50%||22 %||50 %|
|Scored in Both||31% / 0%||39 %||22 %|
|Scores %||92% / 83%||94 %||89 %|
|Clean Sheet %||19% / 33%||33 %||6 %|
|Frist Goal %||53% / 33%||50 %||56 %|
|Possession %||52% / 56%||53 %||50 %|
|Corners||5.94 / 8.67||5.67||6.22|
|Cards||2.53 / 2.00||2.28||2.78|
|Offsides||1.76 / 2.00||2.06||1.50|
|Fouls||12.64 / 12.00||12.61||12.67|
|Shots||12.86 / 15.17||12.83||12.89|
|Shots on Target||5.89 / 5.83||5.89||5.89|
|Total / L6||Home||Away|
|Win %||33% / 17%||39 %||28 %|
|Draw %||36% / 67%||22 %||50 %|
|Loss %||31% / 17%||39 %||22 %|
|AVG Goals||2.28 / 1.50||2.17||2.39|
|Scored||1.11 / 0.67||1.06||1.17|
|Conceded||1.17 / 0.83||1.11||1.22|
|BTTS %||47% / 33%||44 %||50 %|
|BTTS Win||11% / 0%||17 %||6 %|
|BTTS Loss||6% / 0%||11 %||0 %|
|Scored in Both||22% / 17%||17 %||28 %|
|Scores %||69% / 50%||67 %||72 %|
|Clean Sheet %||28% / 50%||28 %||28 %|
|Frist Goal %||47% / 17%||44 %||50 %|
|Possession %||47% / 46%||48 %||45 %|
|Corners||3.53 / 2.83||3.61||3.44|
|Cards||2.78 / 2.50||3.33||2.22|
|Offsides||1.57 / 1.67||1.71||1.44|
|Fouls||12.11 / 11.67||11.33||12.89|
|Shots||9.47 / 8.00||10.83||8.11|
|Shots on Target||4.31 / 4.00||4.83||3.78|
Over 2.5 Goals and BTTS
Number of Corners
First Half Corners
Second Half Corners
Number of Cards
First Half Cards
Second Half Cards
Luzern vs Lugano Odds
|HT 1||2.63||HT X||2.50||HT 2||3.40|
|Home Win Nil||4.40||Away Win Nil||6.00|
|Over 2.5||1.62||Under 2.5||2.25|
|BTTS Yes||1.57||BTTS NO||2.30|
|Over 9.5 Corners||1.70||Under 9.5 Corners||2.05|