- Asia AFC Champions League
- 11:00 Pohang Steelers vs Ratchaburi
- 15:00 Johor Darul Ta'zim vs Nagoya Grampus
- 23:00 Daegu vs Chiangrai United
- 23:00 Daegu vs Chiangrai United Brazil Serie B
- 20:30 Confiança vs Vila Nova
- 23:00 Ponte Preta vs Operário PR EURO 2020
- 20:00 Croatia vs Scotland
- 20:00 Czech Republic vs England Finland Ykkönen
- 16:30 TPS vs EIF Kazakhstan Kazakhstan Premier League
- 14:00 Astana vs Ordabasy
- 15:00 Akzhayik vs Shakhter Karagandy
- 16:00 Aktobe vs Kyzyl-Zhar Morocco Botola Pro
- 21:30 RSB Berkane vs Wydad Casablanca Norway First Division
- 17:00 Ullensaker - Kisa IL vs Fredrikstad
- 17:00 Bryne vs KFUM
- 17:00 Jerv vs Strømmen
- 17:00 Ranheim vs Raufoss
- 19:00 HamKam vs Sogndal Uruguay Primera División
- 16:45 Liverpool vs Fénix
- 19:00 River Plate vs Plaza Colonia
- 19:00 S.S. Folgore vs Prishtina
- 19:00 HB vs Inter Club d'Escaldes
- 21:15 Cerro Largo vs Sud América
- 23:30 Cerrito vs Boston River
Sion will welcome Basel to Stade de Tourbillon for a matchday 36 fixture in Switzerland Super League. The last meeting on 7th February 2021 ended in a 2-2 draw. Both sides have met thirty-five times in the most recent seasons. Sion has won 1 match, and Basel triumphed in 26. Recent outings average 2.94 goals, while both teams score 54% of the time.
Sion's latest fixture against Lugano ended in an away 3-1 loss. Sion dominated the possession of the ball but didn't take advantage of it. Sion set the tone early and scored just before the break.
Basel's recent game against Zürich ended in a home 4-0 win. Basel dominated the game and deserved the win. Basel had good chances in both halves and scored in the 21st, 30th, 63rd and 77th minute.
Since the start of the season, Sion is more dominant at home. They have four wins out of 18 games on home soil. Although Sion is among the most solid home teams in the league, they are far from perfect. Their defence is not as good as expected with just 22% home clean sheets.
Basel has picked up 10 points from the previous six league games. They still have a lot to prove when playing away from home. Basel wins 1.11 points per away game, a bit less than their home record shows. To improve results, they have to be more compact in defence. Basel kept a clean sheet in just 6% of their visits.
The hosts will have to work hard to get a good result. Sion has won just 22% of home games. On average they score 1.28 goals and concede 1.44 per game. Basel is one of the best teams in the league. On paper, they have a great squad and I expect them to make life difficult for their opponent.
The visitors have a better record and I have to back them. Sion wins on average 1.11 points per home game. I am not sure they have what it takes to compete against Basel. My prediction is Basel to win.
I expect a thrilling contest with plenty of goals. Both sides score and concede on average 2.89 goals per game. Over 2.5 goals were scored in an average of 56% of Sion's home and Basel's away games. My prediction is Over 2.5 Goals.
Both teams struggle in defence and concede on regular occasions. Sion failed to keep a clean sheet in 22% of home games, while Basel conceded in 6% of away games. On average, both teams score in 65% of Sion's home and Basel's away games. My prediction is Both Teams to Score: Yes.
Sion vs Basel Betting Tips
Sion vs Basel Head to Head
Average stats between Sion and Basel in most recent 35 outings in the Switzerland Super League.
Sion vs Basel Stats
Results and League Table
Average stats between Sion and Basel across current season. Calculated from Sion's Home stats and Basel's Away stats.
Switzerland Super League Form
- Coming into this game, Sion has picked up 8 points from the last 5 games, both home and away. That's 1.6 points per game on average. BTTS has landed in an intriguing 3 of those games. Sion has scored 10 times in the last 5 fixtures.
- Sion has enjoyed playing at home recently, with the side currently unbeaten in 4 games.
- Basel's defence will have to be at their best today if they're to stop Sion from scoring. The home side has scored in the last 4 games in front of their own fans. They have failed to score in 5 home matches this season.
- It's possible we will see a couple of goals here, with the last 21 games for Sion ending with 2 goals or more being scored.
- Sion will be looking to keep up the momentum today against Basel, having lost just 1 game from the last 5. They have won 2 and drawn 2
- In the last 5 matches for Sion, 3 of those games has ended with both teams scoring. This season 23 matches (64% of all matches) involving Sion has seen BTTS landing.
- It's likely that Sion will score today, as they have netted in the last 8 games coming into this one and have scored 10 goals in the last five games.
- Coming into this game, Basel has picked up 9 points from the last 5 games, both home and away. That's 1.8 points per game on average. BTTS has landed in just 0 of those games. Basel has scored 7 times in the last 5 fixtures.
- It's possible we will see a couple of goals here, with the last 4 games for Basel ending with 2 goals or more being scored.
- Basel has kept 3 clean sheets in the last 5 games, conceding 6 goals during this period. Overall this season, their defence has kept a clean sheet on 8 occasions.
- Things have not been going that well in front of goal for Basel recently, with the side failing to score in 2 of the last 5 games. Will the manager change his tactics today, or throw in another forward?
- Just 0 of the last 5 games for Basel has ended with both teams scoring. They have won 3 of those 5 games. Overall, BTTS has landed in 21/36 games for Basel this season.
|Total / L6||Home||Away|
|Win %||22% / 33%||22 %||22 %|
|Draw %||39% / 50%||44 %||33 %|
|Loss %||39% / 17%||33 %||44 %|
|AVG Goals||2.94 / 2.17||2.72||3.17|
|Scored||1.33 / 1.17||1.28||1.39|
|Conceded||1.61 / 1.00||1.44||1.78|
|BTTS %||64% / 67%||61 %||67 %|
|BTTS Win||11% / 17%||11 %||11 %|
|BTTS Loss||22% / 17%||17 %||28 %|
|Scored in Both||22% / 0%||22 %||22 %|
|Scores %||75% / 83%||72 %||78 %|
|Clean Sheet %||19% / 33%||22 %||17 %|
|Frist Goal %||42% / 67%||39 %||44 %|
|Possession %||45% / 45%||47 %||44 %|
|Corners||4.03 / 3.83||3.94||4.11|
|Cards||2.94 / 3.50||2.44||3.44|
|Offsides||1.53 / 1.33||1.50||1.56|
|Fouls||13.83 / 13.17||14.61||13.06|
|Shots||9.69 / 8.50||9.61||9.78|
|Shots on Target||4.47 / 3.83||4.33||4.61|
|Total / L6||Home||Away|
|Win %||42% / 50%||50 %||33 %|
|Draw %||22% / 17%||33 %||11 %|
|Loss %||36% / 33%||17 %||56 %|
|AVG Goals||3.14 / 3.17||3.11||3.17|
|Scored||1.67 / 1.67||1.94||1.39|
|Conceded||1.47 / 1.50||1.17||1.78|
|BTTS %||58% / 17%||56 %||61 %|
|BTTS Win||25% / 0%||22 %||28 %|
|BTTS Loss||17% / 0%||11 %||22 %|
|Scored in Both||31% / 33%||33 %||28 %|
|Scores %||75% / 67%||83 %||67 %|
|Clean Sheet %||22% / 50%||39 %||6 %|
|Frist Goal %||56% / 50%||67 %||44 %|
|Possession %||53% / 62%||54 %||52 %|
|Corners||5.17 / 3.83||6.44||3.89|
|Cards||1.97 / 1.83||2.11||1.83|
|Offsides||1.65 / 1.83||1.81||1.50|
|Fouls||9.83 / 10.50||10.50||9.17|
|Shots||11.56 / 11.50||13.06||10.06|
|Shots on Target||5.61 / 5.67||6.56||4.67|
Over 2.5 Goals and BTTS
Number of Corners
First Half Corners
Second Half Corners
Number of Cards
First Half Cards
Second Half Cards
Sion vs Basel Odds
|HT 1||3.20||HT X||2.50||HT 2||2.75|
|Home Win Nil||5.50||Away Win Nil||5.00|
|Over 2.5||1.36||Under 2.5||3.05|
|BTTS Yes||1.34||BTTS NO||3.00|
|Over 9.5 Corners||1.70||Under 9.5 Corners||2.05|