Finn Harps will welcome Drogheda United to Finn Park for a matchday 12 fixture in Republic of Ireland Premier Division. The last meeting on 3rd April 2021 ended in a 1-1 draw. Both sides have met nine times in the most recent seasons. Finn Harps has won 4 matches, and Drogheda United triumphed in 3. Recent outings average 2.44 goals, while both teams score 56% of the time.
Finn Harps's last game in the Republic of Ireland Premier Division against Dundalk at home ended in a 1-1 draw. They had plenty of ball possession but less dangerous goal-scoring chances. Finn Harps scored before halftime in the 19th minute.
Drogheda United's recent game against St Patrick's Athl. ended in a home 3-1 win. Although The Drogs didn't match their opponent's intensity and quality while on possession, it was still enough. Drogheda United had good chances in both halves and scored in the 22nd, 45th and 88th minute.
So far, Finn Harps plays better on the road than at home. They win 1.33 points per away game on average compared to 0.88 points at home. Although Finn Harps is among the most solid home teams in the league, they are far from perfect. Their defence is not as good as expected with just 13% home clean sheets.
Drogheda United has picked up 9 points from the previous six league games. It is quite intriguing that they prefer playing on the road. The Boynesiders has collected 1.63 points on average per away game, compared to 1.33 at home.
It is hard to choose a favourite in this one. Both teams look evenly-matched and have their strengths. I am not willing to take a risk and prefer a double chance bet. My prediction is Finn Harps or Drogheda United to win.
Still, I expect a close game and don't think that we will see a lot of goals. Both sides score and concede on average 2.9 goals per game. Over 2.5 goals were scored in an average of 50% of Finn Harps's home and Drogheda United's away games. My prediction is Under 2.5 Goals.
Finn Harps vs Drogheda United Betting Tips
Finn Harps vs Drogheda United Head to Head
Average stats between Finn Harps and Drogheda United in most recent 9 outings in the Republic of Ireland Premier Division.
Finn Harps vs Drogheda United Stats
Results and League Table
Average stats between Finn Harps and Drogheda United across current season. Calculated from Finn Harps's Home stats and Drogheda United's Away stats.
Republic of Ireland Premier Division Form
- Coming into this game, Finn Harps has picked up 4 points from the last 5 games, both home and away. That's 0.8 points per game on average. BTTS has landed in an intriguing 5 of those games. Finn Harps has scored 6 times in the last 5 fixtures.
- It's possible we will see a couple of goals here, with the last 5 games for Finn Harps ending with 2 goals or more being scored.
- The last 5 games for Finn Harps has each seen both teams scoring. Will they improve their defence, or will we see more of the same here? This season Finn Harps has seen a total of 10/17 fixtures end with both teams scoring. That's 59% of all matches played.
- It's likely that Finn Harps will score today, as they have netted in the last 5 games coming into this one and have scored 6 goals in the last five games.
- Coming into this game, Drogheda United has picked up 6 points from the last 5 games, both home and away. That's 1.2 points per game on average. BTTS has landed in an intriguing 3 of those games. Drogheda United has scored 7 times in the last 5 fixtures.
- Things have not been going that well in front of goal for Drogheda United recently, with the side failing to score in 2 of the last 5 games. Will the manager change his tactics today, or throw in another forward?
- In the last 5 matches for Drogheda United, 3 of those games has ended with both teams scoring. This season 10 matches (59% of all matches) involving Drogheda United has seen BTTS landing.
- Drogheda United will need to improve their attack if they're to get anything out of this game. They have not scored in the last 2 matches. During the last five games they have scored 7 times and overall this season they have scored 1.71 goals per game.
|Total / L6||Home||Away|
|Win %||29% / 17%||25 %||33 %|
|Draw %||24% / 17%||13 %||33 %|
|Loss %||47% / 67%||63 %||33 %|
|AVG Goals||2.35 / 2.83||2.13||2.56|
|Scored||0.88 / 1.00||0.75||1.00|
|Conceded||1.47 / 1.83||1.38||1.56|
|BTTS %||59% / 83%||50 %||67 %|
|BTTS Win||24% / 17%||13 %||33 %|
|BTTS Loss||18% / 50%||25 %||11 %|
|Scored in Both||12% / 0%||13 %||11 %|
|Scores %||65% / 83%||62 %||67 %|
|Clean Sheet %||12% / 0%||13 %||11 %|
|Frist Goal %||24% / 0%||25 %||22 %|
|Possession %||46% / 47%||49 %||43 %|
|Corners||5.13 / 5.20||5.50||4.75|
|Cards||2.29 / 2.80||2.38||2.22|
|Offsides||1.00 / 1.00||0.00||1.00|
|Fouls||14.50 / 12.00||0.00||14.50|
|Shots||9.69 / 9.60||9.63||9.75|
|Shots on Target||3.50 / 3.40||3.00||4.00|
|Total / L6||Home||Away|
|Win %||41% / 50%||33 %||50 %|
|Draw %||24% / 0%||33 %||13 %|
|Loss %||35% / 50%||33 %||38 %|
|AVG Goals||2.88 / 3.00||2.33||3.50|
|Scored||1.71 / 1.33||1.33||2.13|
|Conceded||1.18 / 1.67||1.00||1.38|
|BTTS %||59% / 50%||67 %||50 %|
|BTTS Win||18% / 33%||22 %||13 %|
|BTTS Loss||18% / 17%||11 %||25 %|
|Scored in Both||28% / 33%||22 %||38 %|
|Scores %||82% / 67%||78 %||87 %|
|Clean Sheet %||24% / 17%||11 %||38 %|
|Frist Goal %||53% / 50%||44 %||63 %|
|Possession %||47% / 51%||48 %||46 %|
|Corners||4.20 / 5.80||4.50||3.86|
|Cards||1.75 / 1.60||2.11||1.29|
|Offsides||2.33 / 0.00||3.00||1.00|
|Fouls||13.00 / 0.00||10.50||18.00|
|Shots||8.73 / 9.40||10.38||6.86|
|Shots on Target||4.67 / 5.40||5.38||3.86|
Over 2.5 Goals and BTTS
Number of Corners
First Half Corners
Second Half Corners
Number of Cards
First Half Cards
Second Half Cards
Finn Harps vs Drogheda United Odds
|HT 1||3.25||HT X||1.95||HT 2||3.40|
|Home Win Nil||4.00||Away Win Nil||4.20|
|Over 2.5||1.53||Under 2.5||2.50|
|BTTS Yes||2.10||BTTS NO||1.71|
|Over 9.5 Corners||1.87||Under 9.5 Corners||1.80|