Fortaleza will welcome Cuiabá to Estádio Governador Plácido Aderaldo Castelo for a matchday 18 fixture in Brazil Serie A. The last meeting on 13th August 2017 ended in a 1-1 draw. Both sides have met ten times in the most recent seasons. Fortaleza has won 5 matches, and Cuiabá triumphed in 1. Recent outings average 2.50 goals, while both teams score 60% of the time.
Fortaleza's latest fixture against Juventude ended in an away 1-1 draw. They were not spectacular, so this result seems fair. Fortaleza set the tone early and scored in the 16 minute.
Cuiabá's previous game in the competition versus Palmeiras ended in an away 2-0 win. Although Cuiabá countered for most of the game, it was more than enough to win. Cuiabá was pretty good in both halves and scored in the 2nd and 90+4 minute.
Since the start of the season, Jangada Atômica is more dominant at home. They have six wins out of 10 games on home soil. Leão do Pici's good defensive display is key to their success. They didn't concede in 50% of home games.
Cuiabá has picked up 13 points from the previous six league games. It is quite intriguing that they prefer playing on the road. Cuiabá has collected 1.50 points on average per away game, compared to 1.20 at home.
It is not a surprise that the hosts stand out as a favourite to win this one. Tricolor do Pici lost the previous game at home but still have a lot of advantage over their opponent. They have won 60% of home games which gives them plenty of confidence for the upcoming fixture.
Dourado got the three points in their previous away games but are still off their best. Their away record does not convince me that they have what it takes to avoid defeat on Tuesday.
I am confident that the hosts will prove their worth and triumph with another home victory. Fortaleza wins on average 2.10 points per home game, compared to 1.50 points per away game for Cuiabá. My prediction is Fortaleza to win.
Fortaleza vs Cuiabá Betting Tips
Fortaleza vs Cuiabá Head to Head
Average stats between Fortaleza and Cuiabá in most recent 10 outings in the Brazil Serie A.
Fortaleza vs Cuiabá Stats
Results and League Table
Average stats between Fortaleza and Cuiabá across current season. Calculated from Fortaleza's Home stats and Cuiabá's Away stats.
Brazil Serie A Form
- Coming into this game, Fortaleza has picked up 2 points from the last 5 games, both home and away. That's 0.4 points per game on average. BTTS has landed in just 2 of those games. Fortaleza has scored 3 times in the last 5 fixtures.
- Can Fortaleza turn this around? They have not won in the last 5 games coming into this, with 2 draws and 3 defeats.
- Things have not been going that well in front of goal for Fortaleza recently, with the side failing to score in 3 of the last 5 games. Will the manager change his tactics today, or throw in another forward?
- Just 2 of the last 5 games for Fortaleza has ended with both teams scoring. They have won 0 of those 5 games. Overall, BTTS has landed in 11/21 games for Fortaleza this season.
- Fortaleza will need to improve their attack if they're to get anything out of this game. They have not scored in the last 2 matches. During the last five games they have scored 3 times and overall this season they have scored 1.38 goals per game.
- Coming into this game, Cuiabá has picked up 11 points from the last 5 games, both home and away. That's 2.2 points per game on average. BTTS has landed in an intriguing 3 of those games. Cuiabá has scored 8 times in the last 5 fixtures.
- Superb stuff from Cuiabá away from home, where they are currently unbeaten in 9 games. Can they go another game without defeat?
- Momentum is really building for Cuiabá as they have now gone 5 games without losing. They have won 3 of the last 5 games they have played.
- We might see some goals in this one, with the last 3 games involving Cuiabá has ended with 3 or more goals being scored. Will Fortaleza get in on the action today? There has been a total of 12 goals in the last 5 games for Cuiabá, both home and away.
- Cuiabá is unbeaten in the last 5 games coming into this fixture against Fortaleza, having won 3 and drawn 2. They have scored 8 goals in those 5 games.
- Cuiabá has fired blanks in 8 games this season. That's 38% of games where they have not been able to find the back of the net. Do they need a new forward? In the last 5 games, they have scored an intriguing 8 goals.
- In the last 5 matches for Cuiabá, 3 of those games has ended with both teams scoring. This season 11 matches (52% of all matches) involving Cuiabá has seen BTTS landing.
|Total / L6||Home||Away|
|Win %||43% / 17%||60 %||27 %|
|Draw %||29% / 33%||30 %||27 %|
|Loss %||29% / 50%||10 %||45 %|
|AVG Goals||2.48 / 1.83||2.40||2.55|
|Scored||1.38 / 0.67||1.70||1.09|
|Conceded||1.10 / 1.17||0.70||1.45|
|BTTS %||52% / 17%||40 %||64 %|
|BTTS Win||19% / 0%||20 %||18 %|
|BTTS Loss||19% / 17%||0 %||36 %|
|Scored in Both||14% / 17%||20 %||9 %|
|Scores %||76% / 33%||80 %||73 %|
|Clean Sheet %||38% / 50%||50 %||27 %|
|Frist Goal %||43% / 17%||60 %||27 %|
|Possession %||49% / 51%||53 %||46 %|
|Corners||4.52 / 5.00||4.30||4.73|
|Cards||2.48 / 2.83||2.60||2.36|
|Offsides||2.10 / 2.00||2.30||1.91|
|Fouls||15.19 / 17.00||17.00||13.55|
|Shots||16.10 / 13.33||16.60||15.64|
|Shots on Target||5.29 / 4.17||5.20||5.36|
|Total / L6||Home||Away|
|Win %||30% / 83%||30 %||30 %|
|Draw %||45% / 17%||30 %||60 %|
|Loss %||25% / 0%||40 %||10 %|
|AVG Goals||2.05 / 2.50||2.40||1.70|
|Scored||1.05 / 2.00||1.10||1.00|
|Conceded||1.00 / 0.50||1.30||0.70|
|BTTS %||50% / 50%||60 %||40 %|
|BTTS Win||20% / 33%||20 %||20 %|
|BTTS Loss||5% / 0%||10 %||0 %|
|Scored in Both||35% / 33%||40 %||30 %|
|Scores %||60% / 100%||70 %||50 %|
|Clean Sheet %||30% / 50%||10 %||50 %|
|Frist Goal %||35% / 33%||50 %||20 %|
|Possession %||46% / 57%||48 %||45 %|
|Corners||3.25 / 5.00||3.50||3.00|
|Cards||2.55 / 2.67||2.80||2.30|
|Offsides||1.55 / 0.00||1.30||1.80|
|Fouls||14.30 / 0.00||13.50||15.10|
|Shots||12.15 / 15.50||14.00||10.30|
|Shots on Target||4.40 / 8.00||4.90||3.90|
Over 2.5 Goals and BTTS
Number of Corners
First Half Corners
Second Half Corners
Number of Cards
First Half Cards
Second Half Cards
Fortaleza vs Cuiabá Odds
|HT 1||2.40||HT X||2.00||HT 2||6.00|
|Home Win Nil||2.65||Away Win Nil||7.50|
|Over 2.5||2.10||Under 2.5||1.69|
|BTTS Yes||2.15||BTTS NO||1.69|
|Over 9.5 Corners||2.08||Under 9.5 Corners||1.75|