Galatasaray will welcome Giresunspor to NEF Stadyumu for a matchday 20 fixture in Turkey Süper Lig. The last meeting on 16th August 2021 ended in a Galatasaray 2-0 win. Both sides have met one time in the most recent seasons. Galatasaray has won 1 match, and Giresunspor failed to win on every occasion. Recent outings average 2.00 goals, while both teams score 0% of the time.
Galatasaray's last game in the Turkey Süper Lig against Antalyaspor at home ended in a 2-0 win. Although Cimbom played less with the ball than their opponent, it was enough to get the result they were hoping for. Galatasaray was dangerous in both halves and scored in the 45+1 and 52nd minute.
Giresunspor's recent game against Hatayspor ended in a home 0-1 loss. Giresunspor had plenty of possession, but not so much in the final third of the pitch.
Since the start of the season, Galatasaray is more dominant at home. They have five wins out of 12 games on home soil. Although Galatasaray is among the most solid home teams in the league, they are far from perfect. Their defence is not as good as expected with just 25% home clean sheets.
Giresunspor has picked up 4 points from the previous six league games. They still have a lot to prove when playing away from home. Giresunspor wins 1.09 points per away game, a bit less than their home record shows.
It is not a surprise that the hosts stand out as a favourite to win this one. Aslanlar (The Lions) lost the previous game at home but still have a lot of advantage over their opponent. They have won 42% of home games which gives them plenty of confidence for the upcoming fixture.
Giresunspor is winless in one away game, having tasted defeat on their previous visit. However, they will need plenty of luck to avoid another one against Aslanlar (The Lions).
I am confident that the hosts will prove their worth and triumph with another home victory. Galatasaray wins on average 1.42 points per home game, compared to 1.09 points per away game for Giresunspor. My prediction is Galatasaray to win.
Galatasaray vs Giresunspor Betting Tips
Galatasaray vs Giresunspor Head to Head
Average stats between Galatasaray and Giresunspor in most recent 1 outings in the Turkey Süper Lig.
Galatasaray vs Giresunspor Stats
Results and League Table
Average stats between Galatasaray and Giresunspor across current season. Calculated from Galatasaray's Home stats and Giresunspor's Away stats.
Turkey Süper Lig Form
- Coming into this game, Galatasaray has picked up 5 points from the last 5 games, both home and away. That's 1 points per game on average. BTTS has landed in just 2 of those games. Galatasaray has scored 5 times in the last 5 fixtures.
- Galatasaray has enjoyed playing at home recently, with the side currently unbeaten in 3 games.
- Giresunspor's defence will have to be at their best today if they're to stop Galatasaray from scoring. The home side has scored in the last 7 games in front of their own fans. They have failed to score in 1 home matches this season.
- Things have not been going that well in front of goal for Galatasaray recently, with the side failing to score in 2 of the last 5 games. Will the manager change his tactics today, or throw in another forward?
- Just 2 of the last 5 games for Galatasaray has ended with both teams scoring. They have won 1 of those 5 games. Overall, BTTS has landed in 10/19 games for Galatasaray this season.
- Coming into this game, Giresunspor has picked up 6 points from the last 5 games, both home and away. That's 1.2 points per game on average. BTTS has landed in an intriguing 3 of those games. Giresunspor has scored 7 times in the last 5 fixtures.
- Things have not been going that well in front of goal for Giresunspor recently, with the side failing to score in 2 of the last 5 games. Will the manager change his tactics today, or throw in another forward?
- Giresunspor has fired blanks in 8 games this season. That's 42% of games where they have not been able to find the back of the net. Do they need a new forward? In the last 5 games, they have scored an intriguing 7 goals.
- In the last 5 matches for Giresunspor, 3 of those games has ended with both teams scoring. This season 7 matches (37% of all matches) involving Giresunspor has seen BTTS landing.
|Total / L6||Home||Away|
|Win %||30% / 17%||42 %||18 %|
|Draw %||26% / 17%||17 %||36 %|
|Loss %||43% / 67%||42 %||45 %|
|AVG Goals||2.65 / 3.67||2.42||2.91|
|Scored||1.22 / 1.50||1.25||1.18|
|Conceded||1.43 / 2.17||1.17||1.73|
|BTTS %||57% / 67%||58 %||55 %|
|BTTS Win||13% / 0%||17 %||9 %|
|BTTS Loss||22% / 50%||25 %||18 %|
|Scored in Both||22% / 33%||33 %||9 %|
|Scores %||74% / 83%||83 %||64 %|
|Clean Sheet %||22% / 17%||25 %||18 %|
|Frist Goal %||52% / 67%||50 %||55 %|
|Possession %||57% / 57%||57 %||57 %|
|Corners||6.57 / 6.83||7.25||5.82|
|Cards||2.61 / 3.17||2.25||3.00|
|Offsides||1.22 / 0.80||1.17||1.27|
|Fouls||11.57 / 13.20||11.83||11.27|
|Shots||14.96 / 18.00||15.50||14.36|
|Shots on Target||5.83 / 9.00||6.33||5.27|
|Total / L6||Home||Away|
|Win %||30% / 83%||33 %||27 %|
|Draw %||22% / 0%||17 %||27 %|
|Loss %||48% / 17%||50 %||45 %|
|AVG Goals||2.04 / 1.67||2.17||1.91|
|Scored||0.96 / 1.50||1.00||0.91|
|Conceded||1.09 / 0.17||1.17||1.00|
|BTTS %||39% / 0%||42 %||36 %|
|BTTS Win||9% / 0%||17 %||0 %|
|BTTS Loss||17% / 0%||17 %||18 %|
|Scored in Both||9% / 17%||8 %||9 %|
|Scores %||61% / 83%||58 %||64 %|
|Clean Sheet %||30% / 83%||25 %||36 %|
|Frist Goal %||35% / 83%||25 %||45 %|
|Possession %||49% / 50%||51 %||46 %|
|Corners||4.61 / 6.00||5.58||3.55|
|Cards||2.17 / 2.00||1.92||2.45|
|Offsides||2.00 / 1.67||2.00||2.00|
|Fouls||10.35 / 14.33||11.17||9.45|
|Shots||11.70 / 9.50||13.08||10.18|
|Shots on Target||5.09 / 5.33||5.08||5.09|
Over 2.5 Goals and BTTS
Number of Corners
First Half Corners
Second Half Corners
Number of Cards
First Half Cards
Second Half Cards
Galatasaray vs Giresunspor Odds
|HT 1||2.05||HT X||2.30||HT 2||5.00|
|Home Win Nil||2.50||Away Win Nil||10.00|
|Over 2.5||1.81||Under 2.5||1.93|
|BTTS Yes||1.90||BTTS NO||1.80|
|Over 9.5 Corners||1.90||Under 9.5 Corners||1.90|