More tips coming soon.
Genoa will welcome Benevento to Stadio Comunale Luigi Ferraris for a matchday 32 fixture in Italy Serie A. The last meeting on 20th December 2020 ended in a Benevento 2-0 win. Both sides have met three times in the most recent seasons. Genoa has won 1 match, and Benevento triumphed in 2. Recent outings average 1.33 goals, while both teams score 0% of the time.
Genoa's latest fixture against AC Milan ended in an away 2-1 loss. I expected more from Grifo. The lack of focus in the final third cost them three points. Genoa set the tone early and scored in the 37 minute.
Benevento's previous game in the competition versus Lazio ended in an away 5-3 loss. Benevento had plenty of time to pass around and make quality forward runs. However, the final result was not what they wish for before the game started. Benevento was pretty good in both halves and scored in the 45th, 63rd and 85th minute.
Since the start of the season, Zena is more dominant at home. They have five wins out of 18 games on home soil. Although Genoa is among the most solid home teams in the league, they are far from perfect. Their defence is not as good as expected with just 17% home clean sheets.
Benevento has picked up 1 points from the previous six league games. It is quite intriguing that they prefer playing on the road. Benevento has collected 1.12 points on average per away game, compared to 0.67 at home. To improve results, they have to be more compact in defence. Benevento kept a clean sheet in just 24% of their visits.
It is not a surprise that the hosts stand out as a favourite to win this one. Grifo lost the previous game at home but still have a lot of advantage over their opponent. They have won 28% of home games which gives them plenty of confidence for the upcoming fixture.
Benevento failed to win in three consecutive away games. It will be a big surprise to turn up on Wednesday and win against Grifo.
I am confident that the hosts will prove their worth and triumph with another home victory. Genoa wins on average 1.22 points per home game, compared to 1.12 points per away game for Benevento. My prediction is Genoa to win.
Genoa vs Benevento Betting Tips
Genoa vs Benevento Head to Head
Average stats between Genoa and Benevento in most recent 3 outings in the Italy Serie A.
Genoa vs Benevento Stats
Results and League Table
Average stats between Genoa and Benevento across current season. Calculated from Genoa's Home stats and Benevento's Away stats.
Italy Serie A Form
- Coming into this game, Genoa has picked up 4 points from the last 5 games, both home and away. That's 0.8 points per game on average. BTTS has landed in an intriguing 4 of those games. Genoa has scored 9 times in the last 5 fixtures.
- Benevento's defence will have to be at their best today if they're to stop Genoa from scoring. The home side has scored in the last 16 games in front of their own fans. They have failed to score in 1 home matches this season.
- It's possible we will see a couple of goals here, with the last 9 games for Genoa ending with 2 goals or more being scored.
- In the last 5 matches for Genoa, 4 of those games has ended with both teams scoring. This season 22 matches (63% of all matches) involving Genoa has seen BTTS landing.
- It's likely that Genoa will score today, as they have netted in the last 9 games coming into this one and have scored 9 goals in the last five games.
- Coming into this game, Benevento has picked up 1 points from the last 5 games, both home and away. That's 0.2 points per game on average. BTTS has landed in an intriguing 4 of those games. Benevento has scored 8 times in the last 5 fixtures.
- It's possible we will see a couple of goals here, with the last 5 games for Benevento ending with 2 goals or more being scored.
- Can Benevento turn this around? They have not won in the last 5 games coming into this, with 1 draws and 4 defeats.
- In the last 5 matches for Benevento, 4 of those games has ended with both teams scoring. This season 20 matches (57% of all matches) involving Benevento has seen BTTS landing.
|Total / L6||Home||Away|
|Win %||23% / 17%||28 %||18 %|
|Draw %||34% / 17%||39 %||29 %|
|Loss %||43% / 67%||33 %||53 %|
|AVG Goals||2.71 / 3.83||2.89||2.53|
|Scored||1.17 / 1.67||1.44||0.88|
|Conceded||1.54 / 2.17||1.44||1.65|
|BTTS %||63% / 83%||78 %||47 %|
|BTTS Win||11% / 0%||11 %||12 %|
|BTTS Loss||26% / 67%||28 %||24 %|
|Scored in Both||11% / 0%||11 %||12 %|
|Scores %||74% / 100%||94 %||53 %|
|Clean Sheet %||20% / 17%||17 %||24 %|
|Frist Goal %||31% / 17%||50 %||12 %|
|Possession %||45% / 48%||45 %||45 %|
|Corners||3.40 / 4.17||3.17||3.65|
|Cards||2.34 / 2.33||1.94||2.76|
|Offsides||2.21 / 1.33||2.17||2.25|
|Fouls||13.63 / 14.17||13.06||14.24|
|Shots||9.80 / 11.33||10.28||9.29|
|Shots on Target||3.91 / 5.00||4.22||3.59|
|Total / L6||Home||Away|
|Win %||20% / 0%||11 %||29 %|
|Draw %||29% / 17%||33 %||24 %|
|Loss %||51% / 83%||56 %||47 %|
|AVG Goals||3.11 / 4.17||3.11||3.12|
|Scored||1.09 / 1.33||1.00||1.18|
|Conceded||2.03 / 2.83||2.11||1.94|
|BTTS %||57% / 67%||61 %||53 %|
|BTTS Win||6% / 0%||0 %||12 %|
|BTTS Loss||28% / 50%||33 %||24 %|
|Scored in Both||23% / 33%||22 %||24 %|
|Scores %||71% / 67%||72 %||71 %|
|Clean Sheet %||20% / 0%||17 %||24 %|
|Frist Goal %||34% / 17%||33 %||35 %|
|Possession %||42% / 45%||41 %||43 %|
|Corners||4.37 / 4.83||4.56||4.18|
|Cards||2.63 / 1.67||2.50||2.76|
|Offsides||1.62 / 1.33||1.44||1.81|
|Fouls||13.20 / 13.67||13.67||12.71|
|Shots||12.29 / 13.17||12.33||12.24|
|Shots on Target||4.54 / 5.67||4.89||4.18|
Over 2.5 Goals and BTTS
Number of Corners
First Half Corners
Second Half Corners
Number of Cards
First Half Cards
Second Half Cards
Genoa vs Benevento Odds
|HT 1||2.88||HT X||2.03||HT 2||4.25|
|Home Win Nil||3.80||Away Win Nil||6.00|
|Over 2.5||2.20||Under 2.5||1.65|
|BTTS Yes||1.95||BTTS NO||1.77|
|Over 9.5 Corners||1.90||Under 9.5 Corners||1.93|