GIF Sundsvall will welcome Jönköpings Södra to NP3 Arena for a matchday 8 fixture in Sweden Superettan. The last meeting on 17th October 2020 ended in a GIF Sundsvall 3-2 win. Both sides have met eight times in the most recent seasons. GIF Sundsvall has won 3 matches, and Jönköpings Södra triumphed in 1. Recent outings average 3.38 goals, while both teams score 75% of the time.
GIF Sundsvall's latest fixture against Örgryte ended in an away 2-0 win. GIF Sundsvall was very effective while counter-attacking. In the end, it was enough to make the difference between the two teams. GIF Sundsvall was much better than Örgryte in the second half and scored in the 73rd and 86th minute.
Jönköpings Södra's recent game against Landskrona ended in a home 3-1 win. Although J-Södra didn't match their opponent's intensity and quality while on possession, it was still enough. Jönköpings Södra had good chances in both halves and scored in the 13rd, 45+8 and 83rd minute.
Since the start of the season, GIF Sundsvall is more dominant at home. They have four wins out of 6 games on home soil. Giffarna's good defensive display is key to their success. They didn't concede in 50% of home games.
Jönköpings Södra has picked up 13 points from the previous six league games. They still have a lot to prove when playing away from home. Jönköpings Södra wins 0.80 points per away game, a bit less than their home record shows. To improve results, they have to be more compact in defence. Jönköpings Södra kept a clean sheet in just 20% of their visits.
It is hard to choose a favourite in this one. Both teams look evenly-matched and have their strengths. I am not willing to take a risk and prefer a double chance bet. My prediction is GIF Sundsvall or Jönköpings Södra to win.
Both sides have plenty of quality in the attack which often results in high-scoring games. I don't think this one on Tuesday will be any different. On average, both teams score in 50% of GIF Sundsvall's home and Jönköpings Södra's away games. My prediction is Both Teams to Score: Yes.
GIF Sundsvall vs Jönköpings Södra Betting Tips
GIF Sundsvall vs Jönköpings Södra Head to Head
Average stats between GIF Sundsvall and Jönköpings Södra in most recent 8 outings in the Sweden Superettan.
GIF Sundsvall vs Jönköpings Södra Stats
Results and League Table
Average stats between GIF Sundsvall and Jönköpings Södra across current season. Calculated from GIF Sundsvall's Home stats and Jönköpings Södra's Away stats.
Sweden Superettan Form
- Coming into this game, GIF Sundsvall has picked up 9 points from the last 5 games, both home and away. That's 1.8 points per game on average. BTTS has landed in just 1 of those games. GIF Sundsvall has scored 6 times in the last 5 fixtures.
- GIF Sundsvall will be confident of scoring today and will look to keep up their record of scoring in every single home game this season.
- GIF Sundsvall has had no trouble finding the back of the net recently and has scored in the last 6 home games. They have failed to find the net in 0 home game this season.
- GIF Sundsvall has put together a good run of form and has now gone 2 games without defeat.
- GIF Sundsvall has kept 3 clean sheets in the last 5 games, conceding 3 goals during this period. Overall this season, their defence has kept a clean sheet on 5 occasions.
- Just 1 of the last 5 games for GIF Sundsvall has ended with both teams scoring. They have won 3 of those 5 games. Overall, BTTS has landed in 5/11 games for GIF Sundsvall this season.
- Coming into this game, Jönköpings Södra has picked up 13 points from the last 5 games, both home and away. That's 2.6 points per game on average. BTTS has landed in an intriguing 3 of those games. Jönköpings Södra has scored 10 times in the last 5 fixtures.
- Jönköpings Södra has enjoyed playing away from home recently, with the side currently unbeaten in 2 games.
- Momentum is really building for Jönköpings Södra as they have now gone 5 games without losing. They have won 4 of the last 5 games they have played.
- Jönköpings Södra is unbeaten in the last 5 games coming into this fixture against GIF Sundsvall, having won 4 and drawn 1. They have scored 10 goals in those 5 games.
- Jönköpings Södra has fired blanks in 4 games this season. That's 36% of games where they have not been able to find the back of the net. Do they need a new forward? In the last 5 games, they have scored an intriguing 10 goals.
- In the last 5 matches for Jönköpings Södra, 3 of those games has ended with both teams scoring. This season 6 matches (55% of all matches) involving Jönköpings Södra has seen BTTS landing.
|Total / L6||Home||Away|
|Win %||55% / 33%||67 %||40 %|
|Draw %||18% / 17%||17 %||20 %|
|Loss %||27% / 50%||17 %||40 %|
|AVG Goals||2.45 / 3.33||2.83||2.00|
|Scored||1.55 / 1.50||1.83||1.20|
|Conceded||0.91 / 1.83||1.00||0.80|
|BTTS %||45% / 33%||50 %||40 %|
|BTTS Win||9% / 33%||17 %||0 %|
|BTTS Loss||18% / 0%||17 %||20 %|
|Scored in Both||9% / 33%||17 %||0 %|
|Scores %||91% / 33%||100 %||80 %|
|Clean Sheet %||45% / 17%||50 %||40 %|
|Frist Goal %||64% / 33%||67 %||60 %|
|Possession %||51% / 51%||54 %||47 %|
|Corners||5.09 / 3.17||6.33||3.60|
|Cards||0.55 / 1.00||0.00||1.20|
|Offsides||1.09 / 0.67||1.17||1.00|
|Fouls||11.45 / 8.17||9.33||14.00|
|Shots||11.18 / 10.17||11.33||11.00|
|Shots on Target||4.64 / 4.67||4.83||4.40|
|Total / L6||Home||Away|
|Win %||45% / 67%||67 %||20 %|
|Draw %||27% / 33%||33 %||20 %|
|Loss %||27% / 0%||0 %||60 %|
|AVG Goals||2.45 / 2.33||3.00||1.80|
|Scored||1.55 / 1.67||2.33||0.60|
|Conceded||0.91 / 0.67||0.67||1.20|
|BTTS %||55% / 67%||67 %||40 %|
|BTTS Win||36% / 33%||50 %||20 %|
|BTTS Loss||9% / 0%||0 %||20 %|
|Scored in Both||27% / 17%||33 %||20 %|
|Scores %||64% / 100%||83 %||40 %|
|Clean Sheet %||27% / 33%||33 %||20 %|
|Frist Goal %||55% / 50%||67 %||40 %|
|Possession %||54% / 58%||54 %||55 %|
|Corners||3.55 / 7.50||3.67||3.40|
|Cards||1.45 / 0.83||1.33||1.60|
|Offsides||1.27 / 1.00||1.17||1.40|
|Fouls||8.82 / 10.50||10.67||6.60|
|Shots||11.64 / 9.00||11.83||11.40|
|Shots on Target||5.82 / 4.83||6.50||5.00|
Over 2.5 Goals and BTTS
Number of Corners
First Half Corners
Second Half Corners
Number of Cards
First Half Cards
Second Half Cards
GIF Sundsvall vs Jönköpings Södra Odds
|HT 1||2.88||HT X||2.25||HT 2||3.60|
|Home Win Nil||3.65||Away Win Nil||4.95|
|Over 2.5||1.80||Under 2.5||2.00|
|BTTS Yes||1.65||BTTS NO||2.20|
|Over 9.5 Corners||1.61||Under 9.5 Corners||2.23|