Gwangju will welcome Suwon Bluewings to Gwangju Football Stadium for a matchday 18 fixture in South Korea K League 1. The last meeting on 28th February 2021 ended in a Suwon Bluewings 1-0 win. Both sides have met fourteen times in the most recent seasons. Gwangju has won 3 matches, and Suwon Bluewings triumphed in 7. Recent outings average 1.93 goals, while both teams score 29% of the time.
Gwangju's last game in the South Korea K League 1 against Jeju United at home ended in a 0-0 draw. They counterattacked for most of the game and were more dangerous.
Suwon Bluewings's recent game against Daegu ended in a home 1-1 draw. They had more ball possession and goal-scoring opportunities but it wasn't enough to win three points. Suwon Bluewings deserved to score in the second half and did so in the 73rd minute.
Since the start of the season, Gwangju is more dominant at home. They have two wins out of 9 games on home soil. Although Gwangju is among the most solid home teams in the league, they are far from perfect. Their defence is not as good as expected with just 22% home clean sheets.
Suwon Bluewings has picked up 14 points from the previous six league games. It is quite intriguing that they prefer playing on the road. Suwon Bluewings has collected 1.80 points on average per away game, compared to 1.67 at home.
The hosts will have to work hard to get a good result. Gwangju has won just 22% of home games. On average they score 0.89 goals and concede 1.22 per game. Suwon Bluewings won their previous away game and I expect more of the same. Their away record looks impressive.
The visitors have a better record and I have to back them. Gwangju wins on average 0.89 points per home game. I am not sure they have what it takes to compete against Suwon Bluewings. My prediction is Suwon Bluewings to win.
Gwangju vs Suwon Bluewings Betting Tips
Gwangju vs Suwon Bluewings Head to Head
Average stats between Gwangju and Suwon Bluewings in most recent 14 outings in the South Korea K League 1.
Gwangju vs Suwon Bluewings Stats
Results and League Table
Average stats between Gwangju and Suwon Bluewings across current season. Calculated from Gwangju's Home stats and Suwon Bluewings's Away stats.
South Korea K League 1 Form
- Coming into this game, Gwangju has picked up 2 points from the last 5 games, both home and away. That's 0.4 points per game on average. BTTS has landed in an intriguing 3 of those games. Gwangju has scored 5 times in the last 5 fixtures.
- Can Gwangju turn this around? They have not won in the last 5 games coming into this, with 2 draws and 3 defeats.
- Things have not been going that well in front of goal for Gwangju recently, with the side failing to score in 2 of the last 5 games. Will the manager change his tactics today, or throw in another forward?
- Gwangju has fired blanks in 9 games this season. That's 47% of games where they have not been able to find the back of the net. Do they need a new forward? In the last 5 games, they have scored an intriguing 5 goals.
- In the last 5 matches for Gwangju, 3 of those games has ended with both teams scoring. This season 8 matches (42% of all matches) involving Gwangju has seen BTTS landing.
- Coming into this game, Suwon Bluewings has picked up 11 points from the last 5 games, both home and away. That's 2.2 points per game on average. BTTS has landed in an intriguing 4 of those games. Suwon Bluewings has scored 12 times in the last 5 fixtures.
- Superb stuff from Suwon Bluewings away from home, where they are currently unbeaten in 5 games. Can they go another game without defeat?
- Scoring is not an issue for Suwon Bluewings when they play away from home. They have scored in the last 5 games they have played on the road. Can Gwangju stop this run?
- Momentum is really building for Suwon Bluewings as they have now gone 8 games without losing. They have won 3 of the last 5 games they have played.
- It's possible we will see a couple of goals here, with the last 7 games for Suwon Bluewings ending with 2 goals or more being scored.
- Suwon Bluewings is unbeaten in the last 5 games coming into this fixture against Gwangju, having won 3 and drawn 2. They have scored 12 goals in those 5 games.
- In the last 5 matches for Suwon Bluewings, 4 of those games has ended with both teams scoring. This season 10 matches (53% of all matches) involving Suwon Bluewings has seen BTTS landing.
- It's likely that Suwon Bluewings will score today, as they have netted in the last 8 games coming into this one and have scored 12 goals in the last five games.
|Total / L6||Home||Away|
|Win %||21% / 17%||22 %||20 %|
|Draw %||16% / 0%||22 %||10 %|
|Loss %||63% / 83%||56 %||70 %|
|AVG Goals||2.21 / 3.33||2.11||2.30|
|Scored||0.89 / 1.00||0.89||0.90|
|Conceded||1.32 / 2.33||1.22||1.40|
|BTTS %||42% / 33%||33 %||50 %|
|BTTS Win||11% / 0%||11 %||10 %|
|BTTS Loss||21% / 33%||11 %||30 %|
|Scored in Both||16% / 17%||22 %||10 %|
|Scores %||53% / 50%||44 %||60 %|
|Clean Sheet %||16% / 17%||22 %||10 %|
|Frist Goal %||32% / 17%||22 %||40 %|
|Possession %||44% / 50%||50 %||40 %|
|Corners||3.83 / 4.17||4.75||3.10|
|Cards||1.89 / 1.67||1.22||2.50|
|Offsides||1.57 / 2.00||1.60||1.56|
|Fouls||12.67 / 9.83||11.88||13.30|
|Shots||11.00 / 8.00||14.88||7.90|
|Shots on Target||5.00 / 3.33||6.13||4.10|
|Total / L6||Home||Away|
|Win %||47% / 50%||44 %||50 %|
|Draw %||32% / 50%||33 %||30 %|
|Loss %||21% / 0%||22 %||20 %|
|AVG Goals||2.47 / 2.33||2.56||2.40|
|Scored||1.53 / 1.50||1.44||1.60|
|Conceded||0.95 / 0.83||1.11||0.80|
|BTTS %||53% / 67%||67 %||40 %|
|BTTS Win||16% / 33%||11 %||20 %|
|BTTS Loss||16% / 0%||22 %||10 %|
|Scored in Both||21% / 0%||11 %||30 %|
|Scores %||84% / 83%||100 %||70 %|
|Clean Sheet %||42% / 33%||33 %||50 %|
|Frist Goal %||58% / 67%||56 %||60 %|
|Possession %||49% / 47%||52 %||46 %|
|Corners||3.28 / 3.83||3.22||3.33|
|Cards||1.89 / 2.67||1.33||2.40|
|Offsides||0.64 / 1.83||0.43||0.86|
|Fouls||13.67 / 14.00||13.44||13.89|
|Shots||10.39 / 12.33||10.56||10.22|
|Shots on Target||4.39 / 5.00||4.44||4.33|
Over 2.5 Goals and BTTS
Number of Corners
First Half Corners
Second Half Corners
Number of Cards
First Half Cards
Second Half Cards
Gwangju vs Suwon Bluewings Odds
|HT 1||4.33||HT X||2.00||HT 2||2.88|
|Home Win Nil||5.00||Away Win Nil||3.10|
|Over 2.5||2.40||Under 2.5||1.56|
|BTTS Yes||2.10||BTTS NO||1.69|
|Over 9.5 Corners||2.60||Under 9.5 Corners||1.46|