Liverpool will welcome Crystal Palace to Anfield for a matchday 38 fixture in England Premier League. The last meeting on 19th December 2020 ended in a Liverpool 7-0 win. Both sides have met sixteen times in the most recent seasons. Liverpool has won 11 matches, and Crystal Palace triumphed in 4. Recent outings average 3.94 goals, while both teams score 75% of the time.
Liverpool's latest fixture against Burnley ended in an away 3-0 win. Liverpool was very dangerous in attack, having attempted four shots on target. Liverpool scored in both halves in the 43rd, 52nd and 88th minute.
Crystal Palace's recent game against Arsenal ended in a home 1-3 loss. Eagles's strikers were frustrated by the lack of good chances. Crystal Palace deserved to score in the second half and did so in the 62nd minute.
So far, Liverpool plays better on the road than at home. They win 1.89 points per away game on average compared to 1.74 points at home. Although Liverpool is among the most solid home teams in the league, they are far from perfect. Their defence is not as good as expected with just 26% home clean sheets.
Crystal Palace has picked up 6 points from the previous six league games. They still have a lot to prove when playing away from home. Palace wins 1.11 points per away game, a bit less than their home record shows. To improve results, they have to be more compact in defence. Crystal Palace kept a clean sheet in just 11% of their visits.
It is not a surprise that the hosts stand out as a favourite to win this one. Recently they enjoy playing at home, having won two consecutive matches. Liverpool is currently unbeaten at home in four games. Since the start of the season, they have just six home defeats.
Eagles failed to win in two consecutive away games. It will be a big surprise to turn up on Sunday and win against Liverpool. Furthermore, they are in really bad away form, having lost two consecutive games on the road.
I am confident that the hosts will prove their worth and triumph with another home victory. Liverpool wins on average 1.74 points per home game, compared to 1.11 points per away game for Crystal Palace. My prediction is Liverpool to win.
I expect a thrilling contest with plenty of goals. Both sides score and concede on average 2.78 goals per game. Over 2.5 goals were scored in an average of 56% of Liverpool's home and Crystal Palace's away games. My prediction is Over 2.5 Goals.
Liverpool vs Crystal Palace Betting Tips
Liverpool vs Crystal Palace Head to Head
Average stats between Liverpool and Crystal Palace in most recent 16 outings in the England Premier League.
Liverpool vs Crystal Palace Stats
Results and League Table
Average stats between Liverpool and Crystal Palace across current season. Calculated from Liverpool's Home stats and Crystal Palace's Away stats.
England Premier League Form
- Coming into this game, Liverpool has picked up 15 points from the last 5 games, both home and away. That's 3 points per game on average. BTTS has landed in just 2 of those games. Liverpool has scored 13 times in the last 5 fixtures.
- Liverpool has enjoyed playing at home recently, with the side currently unbeaten in 4 games.
- Crystal Palace's defence will have to be at their best today if they're to stop Liverpool from scoring. The home side has scored in the last 4 games in front of their own fans. They have failed to score in 6 home matches this season.
- Momentum is really building for Liverpool as they have now gone 10 games without losing. They have won 5 of the last 5 games they have played.
- It's possible we will see a couple of goals here, with the last 9 games for Liverpool ending with 2 goals or more being scored.
- Liverpool has kept 3 clean sheets in the last 5 games, conceding 3 goals during this period. Overall this season, their defence has kept a clean sheet on 12 occasions.
- Liverpool is unbeaten in the last 5 games coming into this fixture against Crystal Palace, having won 5 and drawn 0. They have scored 13 goals in those 5 games.
- Just 2 of the last 5 games for Liverpool has ended with both teams scoring. They have won 5 of those 5 games. Overall, BTTS has landed in 20/38 games for Liverpool this season.
- It's likely that Liverpool will score today, as they have netted in the last 10 games coming into this one and have scored 13 goals in the last five games.
- Coming into this game, Crystal Palace has picked up 6 points from the last 5 games, both home and away. That's 1.2 points per game on average. BTTS has landed in an intriguing 3 of those games. Crystal Palace has scored 7 times in the last 5 fixtures.
- It's possible we will see a couple of goals here, with the last 9 games for Crystal Palace ending with 2 goals or more being scored.
- Crystal Palace has fired blanks in 14 games this season. That's 37% of games where they have not been able to find the back of the net. Do they need a new forward? In the last 5 games, they have scored an intriguing 7 goals.
- In the last 5 matches for Crystal Palace, 3 of those games has ended with both teams scoring. This season 19 matches (50% of all matches) involving Crystal Palace has seen BTTS landing.
|Total / L6||Home||Away|
|Win %||53% / 83%||53 %||53 %|
|Draw %||24% / 17%||16 %||32 %|
|Loss %||24% / 0%||32 %||16 %|
|AVG Goals||2.89 / 3.00||2.58||3.21|
|Scored||1.79 / 2.33||1.53||2.05|
|Conceded||1.11 / 0.67||1.05||1.16|
|BTTS %||53% / 50%||47 %||58 %|
|BTTS Win||26% / 33%||32 %||21 %|
|BTTS Loss||8% / 0%||5 %||11 %|
|Scored in Both||42% / 83%||47 %||37 %|
|Scores %||79% / 100%||68 %||89 %|
|Clean Sheet %||32% / 50%||26 %||37 %|
|Frist Goal %||55% / 67%||42 %||68 %|
|Possession %||62% / 61%||64 %||61 %|
|Corners||6.76 / 7.60||7.26||6.26|
|Cards||1.05 / 0.67||1.11||1.00|
|Offsides||1.71 / 1.80||1.53||1.89|
|Fouls||10.21 / 11.00||10.37||10.05|
|Shots||16.97 / 20.80||17.84||16.11|
|Shots on Target||6.58 / 7.40||6.63||6.53|
|Total / L6||Home||Away|
|Win %||32% / 33%||32 %||32 %|
|Draw %||21% / 0%||26 %||16 %|
|Loss %||47% / 67%||42 %||53 %|
|AVG Goals||2.82 / 3.17||2.74||2.89|
|Scored||1.08 / 1.17||1.05||1.11|
|Conceded||1.74 / 2.00||1.68||1.79|
|BTTS %||50% / 50%||47 %||53 %|
|BTTS Win||18% / 17%||11 %||26 %|
|BTTS Loss||18% / 33%||21 %||16 %|
|Scored in Both||21% / 33%||16 %||26 %|
|Scores %||63% / 67%||68 %||58 %|
|Clean Sheet %||21% / 17%||32 %||11 %|
|Frist Goal %||42% / 33%||42 %||42 %|
|Possession %||40% / 39%||40 %||40 %|
|Corners||3.97 / 6.80||3.89||4.05|
|Cards||1.53 / 2.17||1.42||1.63|
|Offsides||1.91 / 2.20||2.06||1.76|
|Fouls||10.58 / 12.20||10.53||10.63|
|Shots||10.11 / 16.20||9.79||10.42|
|Shots on Target||4.47 / 7.00||4.21||4.74|
Over 2.5 Goals and BTTS
Number of Corners
First Half Corners
Second Half Corners
Number of Cards
First Half Cards
Second Half Cards
Liverpool vs Crystal Palace Odds
|HT 1||1.48||HT X||3.00||HT 2||10.00|
|Home Win Nil||1.83||Away Win Nil||23.00|
|Over 2.5||1.36||Under 2.5||2.99|
|BTTS Yes||1.95||BTTS NO||1.74|
|Over 9.5 Corners||1.51||Under 9.5 Corners||2.49|