More tips coming soon.
Longford Town will welcome Dundalk to Bishopsgate Stadium for a matchday 9 fixture in Republic of Ireland Premier Division. The last meeting on 17th October 2016 ended in a Dundalk 3-0 win. Both sides have met six times in the most recent seasons. Longford Town has won 0 matches, and Dundalk triumphed in 5. Recent outings average 2.83 goals, while both teams score 17% of the time.
Longford Town's last game in the Republic of Ireland Premier Division against Dundalk at home ended in a 2-2 draw. They were lucky to collect one point since they played less with the ball and attempted fewer shots. Longford Town was dangerous in both halves and scored in the 6th and 15th minute.
Since the start of the season, Longford Town is more dominant at home. They have one wins out of 5 games on home soil. Longford Town's good defensive display is key to their success. They didn't concede in 40% of home games.
Dundalk has picked up 9 points from the previous six league games. It is quite intriguing that they prefer playing on the road. Dundalk has collected 1.20 points on average per away game, compared to 0.80 at home. To improve results, they have to be more compact in defence. Dundalk kept a clean sheet in just 20% of their visits.
The hosts will have to work hard to get a good result. Longford Town has won just 20% of home games. On average they score 0.80 goals and concede 1.40 per game. Dundalk is one of the best teams in the league. On paper, they have a great squad and I expect them to make life difficult for their opponent.
The visitors have a better record and I have to back them. Longford Town wins on average 1.00 points per home game. I am not sure they have what it takes to compete against Dundalk. My prediction is Dundalk to win.
Lately, there are not that many high-scoring games for both sides. I am confident that the tendency will keep going and at least one team will keep a clean sheet. A bet that both sides will score wins in an average of 38% of Longford Town's home and Dundalk's away games. My prediction is Both Teams to Score: No.
Longford Town vs Dundalk Betting Tips
Longford Town vs Dundalk Head to Head
Average stats between Longford Town and Dundalk in most recent 6 outings in the Republic of Ireland Premier Division.
Longford Town vs Dundalk Stats
Results and League Table
Average stats between Longford Town and Dundalk across current season. Calculated from Longford Town's Home stats and Dundalk's Away stats.
Republic of Ireland Premier Division Form
- Coming into this game, Longford Town has picked up 3 points from the last 5 games, both home and away. That's 0.6 points per game on average. BTTS has landed in just 2 of those games. Longford Town has scored 3 times in the last 5 fixtures.
- Longford Town has enjoyed playing at home recently, with the side currently unbeaten in 2 games.
- Longford Town has put together a good run of form and has now gone 2 games without defeat.
- Can Longford Town turn this around? They have not won in the last 5 games coming into this, with 3 draws and 2 defeats.
- Things have not been going that well in front of goal for Longford Town recently, with the side failing to score in 3 of the last 5 games. Will the manager change his tactics today, or throw in another forward?
- Longford Town has fired blanks in 5 games this season. That's 50% of games where they have not been able to find the back of the net. Do they need a new forward? In the last 5 games, they have scored just 3 goals.
- Just 2 of the last 5 games for Longford Town has ended with both teams scoring. They have won 0 of those 5 games. Overall, BTTS has landed in 4/10 games for Longford Town this season.
- Coming into this game, Dundalk has picked up 8 points from the last 5 games, both home and away. That's 1.6 points per game on average. BTTS has landed in an intriguing 3 of those games. Dundalk has scored 8 times in the last 5 fixtures.
- Dundalk has enjoyed playing away from home recently, with the side currently unbeaten in 3 games.
- Scoring is not an issue for Dundalk when they play away from home. They have scored in the last 5 games they have played on the road. Can Longford Town stop this run?
- Dundalk will be looking to keep up the momentum today against Longford Town, having lost just 1 game from the last 5. They have won 2 and drawn 2
- In the last 5 matches for Dundalk, 3 of those games has ended with both teams scoring. This season 7 matches (70% of all matches) involving Dundalk has seen BTTS landing.
|Total / L6||Home||Away|
|Win %||10% / 50%||20 %||0 %|
|Draw %||40% / 0%||40 %||40 %|
|Loss %||50% / 50%||40 %||60 %|
|AVG Goals||2.40 / 3.83||2.20||2.60|
|Scored||0.80 / 1.83||0.80||0.80|
|Conceded||1.60 / 2.00||1.40||1.80|
|BTTS %||40% / 67%||20 %||60 %|
|BTTS Win||0% / 33%||0 %||0 %|
|BTTS Loss||10% / 33%||0 %||20 %|
|Scored in Both||10% / 33%||20 %||0 %|
|Scores %||50% / 83%||40 %||60 %|
|Clean Sheet %||20% / 17%||40 %||0 %|
|Frist Goal %||40% / 67%||40 %||40 %|
|Possession %||46% / 0%||50 %||42 %|
|Corners||3.80 / 0.00||4.20||3.40|
|Cards||1.20 / 2.00||1.00||1.40|
|Offsides||0.00 / 0.00||0.00||0.00|
|Fouls||0.00 / 0.00||0.00||0.00|
|Shots||7.70 / 0.00||8.00||7.40|
|Shots on Target||3.60 / 0.00||3.20||4.00|
|Total / L6||Home||Away|
|Win %||20% / 33%||20 %||20 %|
|Draw %||40% / 50%||20 %||60 %|
|Loss %||40% / 17%||60 %||20 %|
|AVG Goals||2.40 / 2.50||2.00||2.80|
|Scored||1.20 / 1.50||0.80||1.60|
|Conceded||1.20 / 1.00||1.20||1.20|
|BTTS %||70% / 67%||60 %||80 %|
|BTTS Win||10% / 17%||20 %||0 %|
|BTTS Loss||20% / 0%||20 %||20 %|
|Scored in Both||30% / 50%||20 %||40 %|
|Scores %||80% / 83%||60 %||100 %|
|Clean Sheet %||10% / 17%||0 %||20 %|
|Frist Goal %||40% / 50%||20 %||60 %|
|Possession %||56% / 57%||58 %||55 %|
|Corners||6.60 / 6.17||7.60||5.60|
|Cards||2.00 / 1.50||1.80||2.20|
|Offsides||1.50 / 0.00||1.00||2.00|
|Fouls||11.50 / 8.00||7.00||16.00|
|Shots||12.10 / 10.83||13.60||10.60|
|Shots on Target||5.30 / 5.67||5.40||5.20|
Over 2.5 Goals and BTTS
Number of Corners
First Half Corners
Second Half Corners
Number of Cards
First Half Cards
Second Half Cards
Longford Town vs Dundalk Odds
|HT 1||7.00||HT X||2.15||HT 2||2.00|
|Home Win Nil||8.50||Away Win Nil||2.05|
|Over 2.5||2.01||Under 2.5||1.71|
|BTTS Yes||2.20||BTTS NO||1.62|
|Over 9.5 Corners||1.92||Under 9.5 Corners||1.88|