- Asia AFC Champions League
- 23:00 Cerezo Osaka vs Melbourne City FC Brazil Serie A
- 20:00 Internacional vs Ceará
- 20:00 Bahia vs Corinthians
- 22:15 Santos vs São Paulo
- 22:15 Fortaleza vs Fluminense
- 22:15 Atlético PR vs Atlético GO Brazil Serie B
- 20:00 Náutico vs Botafogo Iceland Úrvalsdeild
- 20:15 Breidablik vs FH
- 20:15 Breidablik vs FH Spain Segunda División
- 20:00 Girona FC vs Rayo Vallecano Venezuela Primera División
- 20:00 Deportivo Táchira vs Portuguesa
Longford Town will welcome Shamrock Rovers to Bishopsgate Stadium for a matchday 14 fixture in Republic of Ireland Premier Division. The last meeting on 17th April 2021 ended in a Shamrock Rovers 2-1 win. Both sides have met seven times in the most recent seasons. Longford Town has won 0 matches, and Shamrock Rovers triumphed in 7. Recent outings average 3.57 goals, while both teams score 71% of the time.
Longford Town's latest fixture against Drogheda United ended in an away 4-1 loss. I expected more from Longford Town. The lack of focus in the final third cost them three points. Longford Town was more dominant in the second half and scored in the 53rd minute.
Shamrock Rovers's recent game against Sligo Rovers ended in a home 0-1 loss. Hoops had plenty of possession, but not so much in the final third of the pitch.
Since the start of the season, Longford Town is more dominant at home. They have one wins out of 8 games on home soil. Although Longford Town is among the most solid home teams in the league, they are far from perfect. Their defence is not as good as expected with just 25% home clean sheets.
Shamrock Rovers has picked up 8 points from the previous six league games. It is quite intriguing that they prefer playing on the road. Shamrock Rovers has collected 2.38 points on average per away game, compared to 1.88 at home.
The hosts will have to work hard to get a good result. Longford Town has won just 13% of home games. On average they score 0.63 goals and concede 1.63 per game. Shamrock Rovers won their previous away game and I expect more of the same. Their away record looks impressive.
The visitors have a better record and I have to back them. Longford Town wins on average 0.63 points per home game. I am not sure they have what it takes to compete against Shamrock Rovers. My prediction is Shamrock Rovers to win.
Longford Town vs Shamrock Rovers Betting Tips
Longford Town vs Shamrock Rovers Head to Head
Average stats between Longford Town and Shamrock Rovers in most recent 7 outings in the Republic of Ireland Premier Division.
Longford Town vs Shamrock Rovers Stats
Results and League Table
Average stats between Longford Town and Shamrock Rovers across current season. Calculated from Longford Town's Home stats and Shamrock Rovers's Away stats.
Republic of Ireland Premier Division Form
- Coming into this game, Longford Town has picked up 1 points from the last 5 games, both home and away. That's 0.2 points per game on average. BTTS has landed in an intriguing 3 of those games. Longford Town has scored 3 times in the last 5 fixtures.
- Can Longford Town turn this around? They have not won in the last 5 games coming into this, with 1 draws and 4 defeats.
- Things have not been going that well in front of goal for Longford Town recently, with the side failing to score in 2 of the last 5 games. Will the manager change his tactics today, or throw in another forward?
- Longford Town has fired blanks in 8 games this season. That's 50% of games where they have not been able to find the back of the net. Do they need a new forward? In the last 5 games, they have scored an intriguing 3 goals.
- In the last 5 matches for Longford Town, 3 of those games has ended with both teams scoring. This season 7 matches (44% of all matches) involving Longford Town has seen BTTS landing.
- Coming into this game, Shamrock Rovers has picked up 7 points from the last 5 games, both home and away. That's 1.4 points per game on average. BTTS has landed in an intriguing 3 of those games. Shamrock Rovers has scored 7 times in the last 5 fixtures.
- Shamrock Rovers has enjoyed playing away from home recently, with the side currently unbeaten in 2 games.
- Scoring is not an issue for Shamrock Rovers when they play away from home. They have scored in the last 8 games they have played on the road. Can Longford Town stop this run?
- Shamrock Rovers has put together a good run of form and has now gone 3 games without defeat.
- In the last 5 matches for Shamrock Rovers, 3 of those games has ended with both teams scoring. This season 10 matches (63% of all matches) involving Shamrock Rovers has seen BTTS landing.
|Total / L6||Home||Away|
|Win %||6% / 50%||13 %||0 %|
|Draw %||31% / 0%||25 %||38 %|
|Loss %||63% / 50%||63 %||63 %|
|AVG Goals||2.50 / 3.83||2.25||2.75|
|Scored||0.69 / 1.83||0.63||0.75|
|Conceded||1.81 / 2.00||1.63||2.00|
|BTTS %||44% / 67%||25 %||63 %|
|BTTS Win||0% / 33%||0 %||0 %|
|BTTS Loss||19% / 33%||13 %||25 %|
|Scored in Both||6% / 33%||13 %||0 %|
|Scores %||50% / 83%||37 %||62 %|
|Clean Sheet %||13% / 17%||25 %||0 %|
|Frist Goal %||31% / 67%||25 %||38 %|
|Possession %||44% / 0%||46 %||42 %|
|Corners||3.25 / 0.00||3.38||3.13|
|Cards||1.47 / 2.00||1.63||1.29|
|Offsides||2.00 / 0.00||2.00||0.00|
|Fouls||15.50 / 0.00||15.50||0.00|
|Shots||7.06 / 0.00||6.75||7.38|
|Shots on Target||3.06 / 0.00||2.63||3.50|
|Total / L6||Home||Away|
|Win %||63% / 33%||50 %||75 %|
|Draw %||25% / 33%||38 %||13 %|
|Loss %||13% / 33%||13 %||13 %|
|AVG Goals||2.38 / 2.33||2.38||2.38|
|Scored||1.63 / 1.33||1.50||1.75|
|Conceded||0.75 / 1.00||0.88||0.63|
|BTTS %||63% / 67%||75 %||50 %|
|BTTS Win||31% / 17%||38 %||25 %|
|BTTS Loss||6% / 17%||0 %||13 %|
|Scored in Both||31% / 17%||38 %||25 %|
|Scores %||94% / 83%||87 %||100 %|
|Clean Sheet %||31% / 17%||13 %||50 %|
|Frist Goal %||50% / 33%||50 %||50 %|
|Possession %||58% / 62%||58 %||58 %|
|Corners||7.00 / 8.20||6.88||7.13|
|Cards||2.00 / 1.80||2.25||1.75|
|Offsides||3.00 / 0.00||3.00||0.00|
|Fouls||16.67 / 0.00||16.67||0.00|
|Shots||12.06 / 10.40||13.63||10.50|
|Shots on Target||5.50 / 3.60||5.63||5.38|
Over 2.5 Goals and BTTS
Number of Corners
First Half Corners
Second Half Corners
Number of Cards
First Half Cards
Second Half Cards
Longford Town vs Shamrock Rovers Odds
|HT 1||7.75||HT X||2.45||HT 2||1.75|
|Home Win Nil||10.00||Away Win Nil||1.95|
|Over 2.5||1.70||Under 2.5||2.13|
|BTTS Yes||2.40||BTTS NO||1.54|
|Over 9.5 Corners||1.75||Under 9.5 Corners||1.95|