Los Angeles FC will welcome New York City to Banc of California Stadium for a matchday 0 fixture in USA MLS. The last meeting on 17th March 2019 ended in a 2-2 draw. Both sides have met two times in the most recent seasons. Los Angeles FC has won 0 matches, and New York City failed to win on every occasion. Recent outings average 4.00 goals, while both teams score 100% of the time.
Los Angeles FC's last game in the USA MLS against Colorado Rapids at home ended in a 2-1 win. Los Angeles FC had more possession of the ball and took advantage of it. Los Angeles FC outplayed Colorado Rapids in the second half and scored in the 14th and 33rd minute.
New York City's recent game against Columbus Crew ended in a home 1-2 loss. New York City's strikers were frustrated by the lack of good chances. New York City put in a decent first-half display and scored in the 18th minute.
Since the start of the season, Los Angeles FC is more dominant at home. They have two wins out of 5 games on home soil. Although Los Angeles FC is among the most solid home teams in the league, they are far from perfect. Their defence is not as good as expected with just 20% home clean sheets.
New York City has picked up 8 points from the previous six league games. It is quite intriguing that they prefer playing on the road. New York City has collected 1.75 points on average per away game, compared to 1.00 at home. To improve results, they have to be more compact in defence. New York City kept a clean sheet in just 25% of their visits.
It is not a surprise that the hosts stand out as a favourite to win this one. Los Angeles FC is currently unbeaten at home in one games. Since the start of the season, they have lost at home on just one occasion.
New York City got the three points in their previous away games but are still off their best. Their away record does not convince me that they have what it takes to avoid defeat on Saturday.
I am confident that the hosts will prove their worth and triumph with another home victory. Los Angeles FC wins on average 1.60 points per home game, compared to 1.75 points per away game for New York City. My prediction is Los Angeles FC to win.
I expect a thrilling contest with plenty of goals. Both sides score and concede on average 2.33 goals per game. Over 2.5 goals were scored in an average of 33% of Los Angeles FC's home and New York City's away games. My prediction is Over 2.5 Goals.
Both sides are dangerous going forward. Los Angeles FC has scored in 100% of home games. New York City is a decent match and has scored in all away games. My prediction is Both Teams to Score: Yes.
Los Angeles FC vs New York City Betting Tips
Los Angeles FC vs New York City Head to Head
Average stats between Los Angeles FC and New York City in most recent 2 outings in the USA MLS.
Los Angeles FC vs New York City Stats
Results and League Table
Average stats between Los Angeles FC and New York City across current season. Calculated from Los Angeles FC's Home stats and New York City's Away stats.
USA MLS Form
- Coming into this game, Los Angeles FC has picked up 4 points from the last 5 games, both home and away. That's 0.8 points per game on average. BTTS has landed in an intriguing 4 of those games. Los Angeles FC has scored 5 times in the last 5 fixtures.
- Los Angeles FC will be confident of scoring today and will look to keep up their record of scoring in every single home game this season.
- Los Angeles FC has had no trouble finding the back of the net recently and has scored in the last 5 home games. They have failed to find the net in 0 home game this season.
- It's possible we will see a couple of goals here, with the last 8 games for Los Angeles FC ending with 2 goals or more being scored.
- In the last 5 matches for Los Angeles FC, 4 of those games has ended with both teams scoring. This season 6 matches (75% of all matches) involving Los Angeles FC has seen BTTS landing.
- Coming into this game, New York City has picked up 5 points from the last 5 games, both home and away. That's 1 points per game on average. BTTS has landed in an intriguing 5 of those games. New York City has scored 7 times in the last 5 fixtures.
- New York City has enjoyed playing away from home recently, with the side currently unbeaten in 3 games.
- It's possible we will see a couple of goals here, with the last 8 games for New York City ending with 2 goals or more being scored.
- The last 5 games for New York City has each seen both teams scoring. Will they improve their defence, or will we see more of the same here? This season New York City has seen a total of 6/8 fixtures end with both teams scoring. That's 75% of all matches played.
- It's likely that New York City will score today, as they have netted in the last 8 games coming into this one and have scored 7 goals in the last five games.
|Total / L6||Home||Away|
|Win %||25% / 33%||40 %||0 %|
|Draw %||38% / 17%||40 %||33 %|
|Loss %||38% / 50%||20 %||67 %|
|AVG Goals||2.38 / 3.50||2.40||2.33|
|Scored||1.13 / 1.67||1.40||0.67|
|Conceded||1.25 / 1.83||1.00||1.67|
|BTTS %||75% / 100%||80 %||67 %|
|BTTS Win||13% / 33%||20 %||0 %|
|BTTS Loss||25% / 50%||20 %||33 %|
|Scored in Both||0% / 33%||0 %||0 %|
|Scores %||87% / 100%||100 %||67 %|
|Clean Sheet %||13% / 0%||20 %||0 %|
|Frist Goal %||75% / 50%||100 %||33 %|
|Possession %||57% / 51%||56 %||59 %|
|Corners||6.25 / 5.67||7.00||5.00|
|Cards||0.75 / 1.50||0.60||1.00|
|Offsides||1.50 / 2.00||1.80||1.00|
|Fouls||11.88 / 17.17||12.80||10.33|
|Shots||13.50 / 10.33||13.80||13.00|
|Shots on Target||5.38 / 4.67||6.40||3.67|
|Total / L6||Home||Away|
|Win %||38% / 67%||25 %||50 %|
|Draw %||25% / 17%||25 %||25 %|
|Loss %||38% / 17%||50 %||25 %|
|AVG Goals||3.13 / 4.17||3.75||2.50|
|Scored||1.88 / 2.33||2.25||1.50|
|Conceded||1.25 / 1.83||1.50||1.00|
|BTTS %||75% / 67%||75 %||75 %|
|BTTS Win||13% / 50%||0 %||25 %|
|BTTS Loss||38% / 0%||50 %||25 %|
|Scored in Both||25% / 33%||25 %||25 %|
|Scores %||100% / 83%||100 %||100 %|
|Clean Sheet %||25% / 17%||25 %||25 %|
|Frist Goal %||63% / 67%||75 %||50 %|
|Possession %||52% / 56%||51 %||53 %|
|Corners||4.25 / 6.67||4.00||4.50|
|Cards||2.25 / 2.17||2.25||2.25|
|Offsides||1.25 / 2.67||1.25||1.25|
|Fouls||13.00 / 14.00||12.50||13.50|
|Shots||15.00 / 18.33||16.00||14.00|
|Shots on Target||6.00 / 9.00||6.75||5.25|
Over 2.5 Goals and BTTS
Number of Corners
First Half Corners
Second Half Corners
Number of Cards
First Half Cards
Second Half Cards
Los Angeles FC vs New York City Odds
|HT 1||2.18||HT X||2.41||HT 2||4.22|
|Home Win Nil||3.55||Away Win Nil||7.25|
|Over 2.5||1.75||Under 2.5||2.00|
|BTTS Yes||1.52||BTTS NO||2.38|
|Over 9.5 Corners||1.58||Under 9.5 Corners||2.28|