Los Angeles FC will welcome Sporting KC to Banc of California Stadium for a matchday 0 fixture in USA MLS. The last meeting on 5th August 2021 ended in a Sporting KC 4-1 win. Both sides have met six times in the most recent seasons. Los Angeles FC has won 2 matches, and Sporting KC triumphed in 4. Recent outings average 3.67 goals, while both teams score 83% of the time.
Los Angeles FC's last game in the USA MLS against LA Galaxy at home ended in a 3-3 draw. They counterattacked for most of the game and were more dangerous. Los Angeles FC was dangerous in both halves and scored in the 44th, 58th and 66th minute.
Sporting KC's recent game against Colorado Rapids ended in a home 1-1 draw. They had more ball possession and goal-scoring opportunities but it wasn't enough to win three points. Sporting KC put in a decent first-half display and scored in the 41st minute.
Since the start of the season, Los Angeles FC is more dominant at home. They have six wins out of 13 games on home soil. Although Los Angeles FC is among the most solid home teams in the league, they are far from perfect. Their defence is not as good as expected with just 23% home clean sheets.
Sporting KC has picked up 9 points from the previous six league games. They still have a lot to prove when playing away from home. The Wiz wins 1.67 points per away game, a bit less than their home record shows. To improve results, they have to be more compact in defence. Sporting KC kept a clean sheet in just 33% of their visits.
It is not a surprise that the hosts stand out as a favourite to win this one. Recently they enjoy playing at home, having won two consecutive matches. Los Angeles FC is currently unbeaten at home in three games. Since the start of the season, they have just two home defeats.
SKC failed to win in two consecutive away games. It will be a big surprise to turn up on Saturday and win against Los Angeles FC.
I am confident that the hosts will prove their worth and triumph with another home victory. Los Angeles FC wins on average 1.77 points per home game, compared to 1.67 points per away game for Sporting KC. My prediction is Los Angeles FC to win.
I expect a thrilling contest with plenty of goals. Both sides score and concede on average 2.91 goals per game. Over 2.5 goals were scored in an average of 60% of Los Angeles FC's home and Sporting KC's away games. My prediction is Over 2.5 Goals.
Both sides have plenty of quality in the attack which often results in high-scoring games. I don't think this one on Saturday will be any different. On average, both teams score in 69% of Los Angeles FC's home and Sporting KC's away games. My prediction is Both Teams to Score: Yes.
Los Angeles FC vs Sporting KC Betting Tips
Los Angeles FC vs Sporting KC Head to Head
Average stats between Los Angeles FC and Sporting KC in most recent 6 outings in the USA MLS.
Los Angeles FC vs Sporting KC Stats
Results and League Table
Average stats between Los Angeles FC and Sporting KC across current season. Calculated from Los Angeles FC's Home stats and Sporting KC's Away stats.
USA MLS Form
- Coming into this game, Los Angeles FC has picked up 10 points from the last 5 games, both home and away. That's 2 points per game on average. BTTS has landed in an intriguing 4 of those games. Los Angeles FC has scored 13 times in the last 5 fixtures.
- Los Angeles FC has enjoyed playing at home recently, with the side currently unbeaten in 3 games.
- Los Angeles FC will be confident of scoring today and will look to keep up their record of scoring in every single home game this season.
- Los Angeles FC has had no trouble finding the back of the net recently and has scored in the last 13 home games. They have failed to find the net in 0 home game this season.
- We might see some goals in this one, with the last 6 games involving Los Angeles FC has ended with 3 or more goals being scored. Will Sporting KC get in on the action today? There has been a total of 21 goals in the last 5 games for Los Angeles FC, both home and away.
- Los Angeles FC will be looking to keep up the momentum today against Sporting KC, having lost just 1 game from the last 5. They have won 3 and drawn 1
- In the last 5 matches for Los Angeles FC, 4 of those games has ended with both teams scoring. This season 18 matches (72% of all matches) involving Los Angeles FC has seen BTTS landing.
- It's likely that Los Angeles FC will score today, as they have netted in the last 6 games coming into this one and have scored 13 goals in the last five games.
- Coming into this game, Sporting KC has picked up 8 points from the last 5 games, both home and away. That's 1.6 points per game on average. BTTS has landed in just 1 of those games. Sporting KC has scored 7 times in the last 5 fixtures.
- Sporting KC has put together a good run of form and has now gone 2 games without defeat.
- It's possible we will see a couple of goals here, with the last 4 games for Sporting KC ending with 2 goals or more being scored.
- Sporting KC has kept 3 clean sheets in the last 5 games, conceding 5 goals during this period. Overall this season, their defence has kept a clean sheet on 7 occasions.
- Sporting KC will be looking to keep up the momentum today against Los Angeles FC, having lost just 1 game from the last 5. They have won 2 and drawn 2
- Things have not been going that well in front of goal for Sporting KC recently, with the side failing to score in 2 of the last 5 games. Will the manager change his tactics today, or throw in another forward?
- Just 1 of the last 5 games for Sporting KC has ended with both teams scoring. They have won 2 of those 5 games. Overall, BTTS has landed in 16/25 games for Sporting KC this season.
|Total / L6||Home||Away|
|Win %||36% / 33%||46 %||25 %|
|Draw %||24% / 17%||38 %||8 %|
|Loss %||40% / 50%||15 %||67 %|
|AVG Goals||2.96 / 3.50||3.46||2.42|
|Scored||1.52 / 1.67||2.00||1.00|
|Conceded||1.44 / 1.83||1.46||1.42|
|BTTS %||72% / 100%||77 %||67 %|
|BTTS Win||16% / 33%||23 %||8 %|
|BTTS Loss||32% / 50%||15 %||50 %|
|Scored in Both||32% / 33%||54 %||8 %|
|Scores %||92% / 100%||100 %||83 %|
|Clean Sheet %||20% / 0%||23 %||17 %|
|Frist Goal %||64% / 50%||77 %||50 %|
|Possession %||53% / 51%||53 %||53 %|
|Corners||5.64 / 5.67||6.23||5.00|
|Cards||1.44 / 1.50||1.46||1.42|
|Offsides||1.56 / 2.00||1.85||1.25|
|Fouls||11.76 / 17.17||12.15||11.33|
|Shots||16.36 / 10.33||18.08||14.50|
|Shots on Target||6.12 / 4.67||7.15||5.00|
|Total / L6||Home||Away|
|Win %||52% / 50%||54 %||50 %|
|Draw %||28% / 33%||38 %||17 %|
|Loss %||20% / 17%||8 %||33 %|
|AVG Goals||2.76 / 3.33||2.85||2.67|
|Scored||1.72 / 2.00||1.92||1.50|
|Conceded||1.04 / 1.33||0.92||1.17|
|BTTS %||64% / 33%||77 %||50 %|
|BTTS Win||32% / 0%||31 %||33 %|
|BTTS Loss||12% / 0%||8 %||17 %|
|Scored in Both||28% / 50%||23 %||33 %|
|Scores %||84% / 83%||100 %||67 %|
|Clean Sheet %||28% / 50%||23 %||33 %|
|Frist Goal %||44% / 83%||38 %||50 %|
|Possession %||55% / 45%||59 %||50 %|
|Corners||6.24 / 5.20||7.62||4.75|
|Cards||1.56 / 1.83||1.08||2.08|
|Offsides||1.24 / 1.20||1.31||1.17|
|Fouls||9.80 / 11.80||10.00||9.58|
|Shots||14.48 / 14.40||17.38||11.33|
|Shots on Target||6.24 / 6.40||7.54||4.83|
Over 2.5 Goals and BTTS
Number of Corners
First Half Corners
Second Half Corners
Number of Cards
First Half Cards
Second Half Cards
Los Angeles FC vs Sporting KC Odds
|HT 1||2.38||HT X||2.50||HT 2||4.00|
|Home Win Nil||4.30||Away Win Nil||9.00|
|Over 2.5||1.53||Under 2.5||2.40|
|BTTS Yes||1.54||BTTS NO||2.40|
|Over 9.5 Corners||1.70||Under 9.5 Corners||2.05|