Macarthur will welcome Melbourne Victory FC to Campbelltown Stadium for a matchday 21 fixture in Australia A-League. The last meeting on 6th May 2021 ended in a Macarthur 2-1 win. Both sides have met one time in the most recent seasons. Macarthur has won 1 match, and Melbourne Victory FC failed to win on every occasion. Recent outings average 3.00 goals, while both teams score 100% of the time.
Macarthur's latest fixture against Melbourne Victory FC ended in an away 2-1 win. Macarthur was very dangerous in attack, having attempted two shots on target. Macarthur scored in both halves in the 31st and 69th minute.
Melbourne Victory FC's previous game in the competition versus Perth Glory FC ended in an away 2-1 loss. Victory had plenty of time to pass around and make quality forward runs. However, the final result was not what they wish for before the game started. Melbourne Victory FC was not convincing in the first-half and scored in the 79th minute.
So far, Macarthur plays better on the road than at home. They win 1.73 points per away game on average compared to 1.23 points at home. Although Macarthur is among the most solid home teams in the league, they are far from perfect. Their defence is not as good as expected with just 15% home clean sheets.
Melbourne Victory FC has picked up 4 points from the previous six league games. They still have a lot to prove when playing away from home. Melbourne Victory FC wins 0.62 points per away game, a bit less than their home record shows. To improve results, they have to be more compact in defence. Melbourne Victory FC kept a clean sheet in just 8% of their visits.
It is not a surprise that the hosts stand out as a favourite to win this one. Macarthur lost the previous game at home but still have a lot of advantage over their opponent. They have won 31% of home games which gives them plenty of confidence for the upcoming fixture.
Dark Blues got the three points in their previous away games but are still off their best. Their away record does not convince me that they have what it takes to avoid defeat on Friday.
I am confident that the hosts will prove their worth and triumph with another home victory. Macarthur wins on average 1.23 points per home game, compared to 0.62 points per away game for Melbourne Victory FC. My prediction is Macarthur to win.
Macarthur vs Melbourne Victory FC Betting Tips
Macarthur vs Melbourne Victory FC Head to Head
Average stats between Macarthur and Melbourne Victory FC in most recent 1 outings in the Australia A-League.
Macarthur vs Melbourne Victory FC Stats
Results and League Table
Average stats between Macarthur and Melbourne Victory FC across current season. Calculated from Macarthur's Home stats and Melbourne Victory FC's Away stats.
Australia A-League Form
- Coming into this game, Macarthur has picked up 6 points from the last 5 games, both home and away. That's 1.2 points per game on average. BTTS has landed in just 2 of those games. Macarthur has scored 5 times in the last 5 fixtures.
- It's possible we will see a couple of goals here, with the last 8 games for Macarthur ending with 2 goals or more being scored.
- Things have not been going that well in front of goal for Macarthur recently, with the side failing to score in 2 of the last 5 games. Will the manager change his tactics today, or throw in another forward?
- Just 2 of the last 5 games for Macarthur has ended with both teams scoring. They have won 2 of those 5 games. Overall, BTTS has landed in 14/28 games for Macarthur this season.
- Coming into this game, Melbourne Victory FC has picked up 4 points from the last 5 games, both home and away. That's 0.8 points per game on average. BTTS has landed in an intriguing 3 of those games. Melbourne Victory FC has scored 8 times in the last 5 fixtures.
- Melbourne Victory FC has put together a good run of form and has now gone 2 games without defeat.
- Things have not been going that well in front of goal for Melbourne Victory FC recently, with the side failing to score in 2 of the last 5 games. Will the manager change his tactics today, or throw in another forward?
- Melbourne Victory FC has fired blanks in 10 games this season. That's 38% of games where they have not been able to find the back of the net. Do they need a new forward? In the last 5 games, they have scored an intriguing 8 goals.
- In the last 5 matches for Melbourne Victory FC, 3 of those games has ended with both teams scoring. This season 15 matches (58% of all matches) involving Melbourne Victory FC has seen BTTS landing.
|Total / L6||Home||Away|
|Win %||43% / 50%||31 %||53 %|
|Draw %||21% / 25%||31 %||13 %|
|Loss %||36% / 25%||38 %||33 %|
|AVG Goals||2.61 / 2.00||3.00||2.27|
|Scored||1.25 / 1.00||1.46||1.07|
|Conceded||1.36 / 1.00||1.54||1.20|
|BTTS %||50% / 50%||62 %||40 %|
|BTTS Win||18% / 25%||15 %||20 %|
|BTTS Loss||14% / 0%||15 %||13 %|
|Scored in Both||11% / 0%||15 %||7 %|
|Scores %||75% / 75%||77 %||73 %|
|Clean Sheet %||29% / 25%||15 %||40 %|
|Frist Goal %||43% / 50%||38 %||47 %|
|Possession %||53% / 53%||54 %||53 %|
|Corners||5.82 / 5.25||5.92||5.73|
|Cards||2.43 / 3.00||1.92||2.87|
|Offsides||1.50 / 2.50||1.92||1.13|
|Fouls||11.46 / 12.75||10.54||12.27|
|Shots||9.82 / 12.75||10.23||9.47|
|Shots on Target||5.43 / 6.75||5.85||5.07|
|Total / L6||Home||Away|
|Win %||19% / 33%||23 %||15 %|
|Draw %||15% / 17%||15 %||15 %|
|Loss %||65% / 50%||62 %||69 %|
|AVG Goals||3.50 / 3.00||3.62||3.38|
|Scored||1.19 / 1.17||1.31||1.08|
|Conceded||2.31 / 1.83||2.31||2.31|
|BTTS %||58% / 67%||62 %||54 %|
|BTTS Win||15% / 33%||15 %||15 %|
|BTTS Loss||31% / 17%||31 %||31 %|
|Scored in Both||15% / 0%||23 %||8 %|
|Scores %||62% / 67%||69 %||54 %|
|Clean Sheet %||8% / 0%||8 %||8 %|
|Frist Goal %||27% / 33%||38 %||15 %|
|Possession %||45% / 49%||45 %||45 %|
|Corners||4.77 / 3.50||5.00||4.54|
|Cards||2.62 / 2.67||2.54||2.69|
|Offsides||1.54 / 1.50||1.92||1.15|
|Fouls||11.46 / 10.33||11.08||11.85|
|Shots||10.35 / 7.67||10.85||9.85|
|Shots on Target||4.69 / 3.83||5.00||4.38|
Over 2.5 Goals and BTTS
Number of Corners
First Half Corners
Second Half Corners
Number of Cards
First Half Cards
Second Half Cards
Macarthur vs Melbourne Victory FC Odds
|HT 1||0.00||HT X||0.00||HT 2||0.00|
|Home Win Nil||0.00||Away Win Nil||0.00|
|Over 2.5||2.40||Under 2.5||1.60|
|BTTS Yes||1.65||BTTS NO||2.15|
|Over 9.5 Corners||0.00||Under 9.5 Corners||0.00|