Macarthur will welcome Wellington Phoenix to Campbelltown Stadium for a matchday 24 fixture in Australia A-League. The last meeting on 28th March 2021 ended in a Macarthur 1-0 win. Both sides have met two times in the most recent seasons. Macarthur has won 1 match, and Wellington Phoenix failed to win on every occasion. Recent outings average 1.50 goals, while both teams score 50% of the time.
Macarthur's latest fixture against Western United ended in an away 2-1 win. Macarthur was very dangerous in attack, having attempted two shots on target. Macarthur played outstanding football in the first half and scored in the 27th and 31st minute.
Wellington Phoenix's recent game against Perth Glory FC ended in a home 2-2 draw. The midfielders disappointed the rest of the squad. They constantly failed to keep possession and didn't create much for the strikers. Wellington Phoenix had good chances in both halves and scored in the 24th and 80th minute.
So far, Macarthur plays better on the road than at home. They win 1.73 points per away game on average compared to 1.23 points at home. Although Macarthur is among the most solid home teams in the league, they are far from perfect. Their defence is not as good as expected with just 15% home clean sheets.
Wellington Phoenix has picked up 12 points from the previous six league games. It is quite intriguing that they prefer playing on the road. Wellington Phoenix has collected 1.54 points on average per away game, compared to 1.38 at home. To improve results, they have to be more compact in defence. Wellington Phoenix kept a clean sheet in just 31% of their visits.
It is hard to choose a favourite in this one. Both teams look evenly-matched and have their strengths. I am not willing to take a risk and prefer a double chance bet. My prediction is Draw or Wellington Phoenix.
Both sides are dangerous going forward. Macarthur has scored in 77% of home games. Wellington Phoenix is a decent match and has scored in all away games. My prediction is Both Teams to Score: Yes.
Macarthur vs Wellington Phoenix Betting Tips
Macarthur vs Wellington Phoenix Head to Head
Average stats between Macarthur and Wellington Phoenix in most recent 2 outings in the Australia A-League.
Macarthur vs Wellington Phoenix Stats
Results and League Table
Average stats between Macarthur and Wellington Phoenix across current season. Calculated from Macarthur's Home stats and Wellington Phoenix's Away stats.
Australia A-League Form
- Coming into this game, Macarthur has picked up 6 points from the last 5 games, both home and away. That's 1.2 points per game on average. BTTS has landed in just 2 of those games. Macarthur has scored 5 times in the last 5 fixtures.
- It's possible we will see a couple of goals here, with the last 8 games for Macarthur ending with 2 goals or more being scored.
- Things have not been going that well in front of goal for Macarthur recently, with the side failing to score in 2 of the last 5 games. Will the manager change his tactics today, or throw in another forward?
- Just 2 of the last 5 games for Macarthur has ended with both teams scoring. They have won 2 of those 5 games. Overall, BTTS has landed in 14/28 games for Macarthur this season.
- Coming into this game, Wellington Phoenix has picked up 11 points from the last 5 games, both home and away. That's 2.2 points per game on average. BTTS has landed in an intriguing 3 of those games. Wellington Phoenix has scored 12 times in the last 5 fixtures.
- Superb stuff from Wellington Phoenix away from home, where they are currently unbeaten in 7 games. Can they go another game without defeat?
- Momentum is really building for Wellington Phoenix as they have now gone 11 games without losing. They have won 3 of the last 5 games they have played.
- We might see some goals in this one, with the last 5 games involving Wellington Phoenix has ended with 3 or more goals being scored. Will Macarthur get in on the action today? There has been a total of 17 goals in the last 5 games for Wellington Phoenix, both home and away.
- Wellington Phoenix is unbeaten in the last 5 games coming into this fixture against Macarthur, having won 3 and drawn 2. They have scored 12 goals in those 5 games.
- In the last 5 matches for Wellington Phoenix, 3 of those games has ended with both teams scoring. This season 17 matches (65% of all matches) involving Wellington Phoenix has seen BTTS landing.
- It's likely that Wellington Phoenix will score today, as they have netted in the last 5 games coming into this one and have scored 12 goals in the last five games.
|Total / L6||Home||Away|
|Win %||43% / 50%||31 %||53 %|
|Draw %||21% / 25%||31 %||13 %|
|Loss %||36% / 25%||38 %||33 %|
|AVG Goals||2.61 / 2.00||3.00||2.27|
|Scored||1.25 / 1.00||1.46||1.07|
|Conceded||1.36 / 1.00||1.54||1.20|
|BTTS %||50% / 50%||62 %||40 %|
|BTTS Win||18% / 25%||15 %||20 %|
|BTTS Loss||14% / 0%||15 %||13 %|
|Scored in Both||11% / 0%||15 %||7 %|
|Scores %||75% / 75%||77 %||73 %|
|Clean Sheet %||29% / 25%||15 %||40 %|
|Frist Goal %||43% / 50%||38 %||47 %|
|Possession %||53% / 53%||54 %||53 %|
|Corners||5.82 / 5.25||5.92||5.73|
|Cards||2.43 / 3.00||1.92||2.87|
|Offsides||1.50 / 2.50||1.92||1.13|
|Fouls||11.46 / 12.75||10.54||12.27|
|Shots||9.82 / 12.75||10.23||9.47|
|Shots on Target||5.43 / 6.75||5.85||5.07|
|Total / L6||Home||Away|
|Win %||38% / 0%||38 %||38 %|
|Draw %||31% / 33%||23 %||38 %|
|Loss %||31% / 67%||38 %||23 %|
|AVG Goals||3.00 / 2.33||3.31||2.69|
|Scored||1.69 / 0.67||1.85||1.54|
|Conceded||1.31 / 1.67||1.46||1.15|
|BTTS %||65% / 67%||69 %||62 %|
|BTTS Win||23% / 0%||23 %||23 %|
|BTTS Loss||19% / 33%||23 %||15 %|
|Scored in Both||46% / 0%||54 %||38 %|
|Scores %||81% / 67%||85 %||77 %|
|Clean Sheet %||23% / 0%||15 %||31 %|
|Frist Goal %||58% / 17%||46 %||69 %|
|Possession %||49% / 57%||49 %||50 %|
|Corners||4.88 / 7.67||5.54||4.23|
|Cards||2.23 / 1.83||1.77||2.69|
|Offsides||1.65 / 2.17||2.00||1.31|
|Fouls||10.46 / 10.33||10.00||10.92|
|Shots||15.81 / 19.00||16.69||14.92|
|Shots on Target||5.73 / 7.50||6.31||5.15|
Over 2.5 Goals and BTTS
Number of Corners
First Half Corners
Second Half Corners
Number of Cards
First Half Cards
Second Half Cards
Macarthur vs Wellington Phoenix Odds
|HT 1||0.00||HT X||0.00||HT 2||0.00|
|Home Win Nil||0.00||Away Win Nil||0.00|
|Over 2.5||1.64||Under 2.5||2.18|
|BTTS Yes||1.53||BTTS NO||2.40|
|Over 9.5 Corners||0.00||Under 9.5 Corners||0.00|